Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
4mulafastech

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Done with water spots

I have well water that runs through a softener and was always chasing water spots from the softener salt. They would wipe off easily, but was a real pain. Bought this Simple Chuck deionized water filter system. So glad I did! I can wash my black 1LE in direct sunlight, take my time and just blow it off. I don’t have to touch the car with a chamois, so less chance of marring the perfect black finish (after hours of correcting!) caused by hand drying. Also, the door jams, under the hood and trunk all dry spotless. Before I would have all these white water spots from the softener.

I have used it four times so far. We will see how long the replacapeable filters last. They say 400 gallons which should be a LOT of washes. I just use the filtered water to rinse. Installed a Y-valve so I can fill the soap buckets with regular soft water and bypass the deionizer. Very happy with this purchase!
Attached Images

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 11-24-2018 at 09:10 AM.
4mulafastech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Simple Chuck looks nice but wow is it expensive! My absolutewatertech pro system deionizer is only $1000 and I get thousands of gallons with 1 bag.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:38 AM   #3
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
I rent a DI water bottle from Nalco. Also have well water with a softener. I keep it in the garage. Carry it out and hook it up at the hose. I don't know how I ever washed my car without it. I rent the bottle its $99 and I get probably 100 washes out of it. Then exchange the bottle. I wash my Harley and my car. Never any water spots. I love it.
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mulafastech View Post
I have well water that runs through a softener and was always chasing water spots from the softener salt. They would wipe off easily, but was a real pain. Bought this Simple Chuck deionized water filter system. So glad I did! I can wash my black 1LE in direct sunlight, take my time and just blow it off. I don’t have to touch the car with a chamois, so less chance of marring the perfect black finish (after hours of correcting!) caused by hand drying. Also, the door jams, under the hood and trunk all dry spotless. Before I would have all these white water spots from the softener.

I have used it four times so far. We will see how long the replacapeable filters last. They say 400 gallons which should be a LOT of washes. I just use the filtered water to rinse. Installed a Y-valve so I can fill the soap buckets with regular soft water and bypass the deionizer. Very happy with this purchase!
I use the exact same tools to detail my car. The Master Blaster I've had for a couple of years. I added the Simple Chuck to my arsenal this past spring. The Simple Chuck is an absolute Godsend if you own a black car. As you stated, you can wash the car in the direct sunlight and not worry about spotting.

I was lucky to catch the Simple Chuck on sale so I only paid $300 for mine.

I just replaced canisters for the first time a couple weeks ago. The entire process was very easy. My only complaint is with the strength of the plastic bags they send you to place the used canisters in to send back. They rip really easy.

I probably got about 20-25 washes out of the original canisters using the Simple Chuck for the final rinse. A few times I used it to just rinse off the car after getting caught in the rain.

Overall, I think the Simple Chuck is a great consumer deionizer. It has surpassed the Master Blaster as my numero uno detailing tool.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
4mulafastech

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Simple Chuck looks nice but wow is it expensive! My absolutewatertech pro system deionizer is only $1000 and I get thousands of gallons with 1 bag.
That's cool. That system would last me a lifetime. I just wash my cars.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
4mulafastech

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitwitch04 View Post
I rent a DI water bottle from Nalco. Also have well water with a softener. I keep it in the garage. Carry it out and hook it up at the hose. I don't know how I ever washed my car without it. I rent the bottle its $99 and I get probably 100 washes out of it. Then exchange the bottle. I wash my Harley and my car. Never any water spots. I love it.
Sounds like a good deal.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:23 PM   #7
4mulafastech

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I use the exact same tools to detail my car. The Master Blaster I've had for a couple of years. I added the Simple Chuck to my arsenal this past spring. The Simple Chuck is an absolute Godsend if you own a black car. As you stated, you can wash the car in the direct sunlight and not worry about spotting.

I just replaced canisters for the first time a couple weeks ago. The entire process was very easy. My only complaint is with the strength of the plastic bags they send you to place the used canisters in to send back. They rip really easy.

I probably got about 20-25 washes out of the original canisters using the Simple Chuck for the final rinse. A few times I used it to just rinse off the car after getting caught in the rain.

Overall, I think the Simple Chuck is a great consumer deionizer. It has surpassed the Master Blaster as my numero uno detailing tool.
I agree!

Old 11-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
KirkH

I'd love to be able to put together a cost analysis on each of the systems. The problem is, everyone's water is different. Mine is super hard.

That's why I knew I had to go with the pro system.

Simple Chuck would be much easier to tote around, that's for sure. The other option is to fill a resevoir tank with deionized water, but that's not easy either. Then you need a pump and/or gravity.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #9
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post

How much are the refill bags?
Old 11-27-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
How much are the refill bags?
I find this place the cheapest with shipping.

https://dirinse.com/?gclid=CNz9o_vHh8kCFZQjgQodY6YO-w
Old 11-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #11
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I find this place the cheapest with shipping.

https://dirinse.com/?gclid=CNz9o_vHh8kCFZQjgQodY6YO-w
I found my old receipt. My cannister was $914 and resin is $167. Haven't needed new resin yet. I'm still thinking this is a better deal even if you aren't professionally detailing. Absolute Water Tech.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #12
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
I found my old receipt. My cannister was $914 and resin is $167. Haven't needed new resin yet. I'm still thinking this is a better deal even if you aren't professionally detailing. Absolute Water Tech.
1cu FT of virgin resin cost me $179 delivered, think my place is cheaper.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
KirkH

If I catch a Simple Chuck on sale, I may pick one up. There are times I don't want to carry the big cannister.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #14
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Quote:
If I catch a Simple Chuck on sale, I may pick one up. There are times I don't want to carry the big cannister.
I have this one. It's perfect size to move around, but still has a lot of filter media in it.
https://dirinse.com/product/d-i-rinse-pro-50-unit/
24v is offline   Reply With Quote