Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Leonidas1947

Drives: Camaro
Snow prep

Hi guys,

First time owner, long time fan.I recently bought a used Red Hot RS Camaro and I want to make sure I'm taking the neccessary steps to protect it. It's my daily driver and it is not garage kept.

Again I bought this car used at a dealership. Any tips on making any corrections to the paint? Any specific products, procedures, techniques?

Also, as winter approaches I would like to ensure that the paint is protected as this is my daily driver. I understand cermaic coatings are very popular, however I'm uneasy because I would like to make sure any blemishes are off. Any advice on protecting/sealing the car?

Overall, I just want to make sure I'm doing my part in making sure my exterior is maintained to protect the car as much as possible.

Thank you guys for the help.
Leonidas1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
BlakeR
😁😁😁😁😁

Drives: 1ss
I'll save them the trouble of tooting their own horn. Check out Adam's Polishes. Good products and how to videos. I like the combo of their paint sealant a couple times a year and a coat of h2o guard and gloss after every other wash. The paint stays shiny and very slick. Mine is kept outside and daily driven. In the spring, do a clay bar, polish, and sealant.
BlakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
kodiakk

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
polish and seal how you like and then I put a fresh coat of Meguires Liquid wax on every 4 or 5 washes. works great In the snow.
Attached Images

kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
My 18 RS is my daily driver up here in Michigan, and like you I wanted great protection for my exterior. I chose to use Klasse All In One polish with Klasse Sealant Glase topped with a couple of coats of Collinite 845 insulator was. Extremely durable combo with a pretty great shine. Long term protection was my main goal though
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas1947 View Post
Hi guys,

First time owner, long time fan.I recently bought a used Red Hot RS Camaro and I want to make sure I'm taking the neccessary steps to protect it. It's my daily driver and it is not garage kept.

Again I bought this car used at a dealership. Any tips on making any corrections to the paint? Any specific products, procedures, techniques?

Also, as winter approaches I would like to ensure that the paint is protected as this is my daily driver. I understand cermaic coatings are very popular, however I'm uneasy because I would like to make sure any blemishes are off. Any advice on protecting/sealing the car?

Overall, I just want to make sure I'm doing my part in making sure my exterior is maintained to protect the car as much as possible.

Thank you guys for the help.
I like Meguairs, Chemical Guys, and Adams.

Best protection, Ceramic Coating. I personally would not do it myself I’d probably pay someone to do it. Which I might do I’m not sure.
Better protection, Sealants like Chemical Guys Jet Seal and Meguairs Ultimate Wax.
Good protection, Carnuba waxes like CG Butter Wet Wax or Meguairs Gold Class Wax.

I put a lot of protection on my car before winter and during winter. Right now my car has, 1 later of Meguairs Ultimate Polish, 1 Layer of CG Jet Seal, and 2 layers of Meguairs Ultimate Wax and a layer of Meguairs Gold Class. I add a layer of Gold Class after a month.

Inside the doors, hood, trunk all painted areas, I add Ultimate Wax just in case.

For the undercarriage I made a undercarriage washer that another poster made up out of PVC.

Just keep it clean you’ll be fine. When the temps hit 40 wash it with PH neutral shampoo. And wash the underneath.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote