Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 11-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
SweGen6

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue A8 Euro spec
Need help. CAMARO MY 2017 refuses to open throttlle plate under certain conditions

I have a irritating issue on my 2017 A8 6.2L. im in sweden and have a euro spec camaro.

Let me explain the problem that i have and heard other none US spec camaros have.

Here are the conditions where the fault occurs:

1. Road speed between 48 Km/h to 60 km/h
2. Steady speed for a couple of seconds
3. Then if you press the accelerator slowly or go WOT do not matter, the trottle respons is almost zero for some seconds or until i get over 60 km/h.
It feels like the throttle plate refusing to open for quite some time, I feel that the time delay until the throttle plate actually opens is at least five seconds. This behaviour is repeatable 100%

I have heard that this was done by GM in order to pass some Euro noise emission test for the none US market. I assume its done in the calibration in some way i dont understand.

I would be happy to see someone find a fix for this. I can not see anything that differ in my pulled EURO calibration and a US calibration for the Camaro SS.

There is a cpl threads on the HP tuners forum about this but i cant see that anyone know what to do about it.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ain-conditions

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...esponse-in-3rd

If someone have a idea where this can be found in the calibrations or how to fix it, i would be happy for some input.

Last edited by SweGen6; 11-19-2018 at 05:12 AM.
SweGen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
phantomlord

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017
I'm also from Sweden and experiencing the same issue.

I would be very happy if someone found a solution for this.
phantomlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #3
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi SweGen6!!,
it's a very well know issue of the Euro specificated V8 Camaros and it's due to the different mapping of the engine and automatic gearbox, made in order to comply with the local European sound emissions regulations when accelerating in third gear, especially in manual mode.

I know at least five people having the same problem here in Italy but they still haven't fixed the problem. We are trying many ways and providers, as it seems the official Chevrolet dealers can't fix it themselves.

I'll surely let you know if we will find a way out..

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Hey why not take this over to HP tuners if you do send link here I'm subscribed
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweGen6 View Post
I have a irritating issue on my 2017 A8 6.2L. im in sweden and have a euro spec camaro.

Let me explain the problem that i have and heard other none US spec camaros have.

Here are the conditions where the fault occurs:

1. Road speed between 48 Km/h to 60 km/h
2. Steady speed for a couple of seconds
3. Then if you press the accelerator slowly or go WOT do not matter, the trottle respons is almost zero for some seconds or until i get over 60 km/h.
It feels like the throttle plate refusing to open for quite some time, I feel that the time delay until the throttle plate actually opens is at least five seconds. This behaviour is repeatable 100%

I have heard that this was done by GM in order to pass some Euro noise emission test for the none US market. I assume its done in the calibration in some way i dont understand.

I would be happy to see someone find a fix for this. I can not see anything that differ in my pulled EURO calibration and a US calibration for the Camaro SS.

There is a cpl threads on the HP tuners forum about this but i cant see that anyone know what to do about it.

If someone have a idea where this can be found in the calibrations or how to fix it, i would be happy for some input.

I am familiar with this issue I fix it in all my Gen5 Camaro tune for Euro spec vehicles.

I do not currently know if the table is available in HPtuners Send me your tune file and I will take a look. tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
SweGen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I am familiar with this issue I fix it in all my Gen5 Camaro tune for Euro spec vehicles.

I do not currently know if the table is available in HPtuners Send me your tune file and I will take a look. tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
I will mail you the stock file...
Old 05-07-2019, 03:35 AM   #7
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Was this solved with a different tune?

I am also in Sweden but my Camaro is a manual. I have a theory that some of the hesitation may be caused by traction control cutting in. Have you tried disabling traction control?

Tapping the button twice will go to stabilitrac competitive mode, but that is plain dangerous on the street
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #8
SweGen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
Was this solved with a different tune?

I am also in Sweden but my Camaro is a manual. I have a theory that some of the hesitation may be caused by traction control cutting in. Have you tried disabling traction control?

Tapping the button twice will go to stabilitrac competitive mode, but that is plain dangerous on the street
I have tried it all but it seems to be in the tune for EU versions, some noise regulations that the car need to pass. What i understand its set in some parameters that HP-Tuners dont show up. See links.

Last edited by SweGen6; 06-02-2019 at 02:11 AM.