Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #29
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Thanks for pointing that out man. I appreciate it. I re read the install too and you're right, they are very specific on this, being in red and bold and its own step. Hopefully this fixes it. I'm definitely going to ask cai in the cai thread why.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #30
chaacole

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1ss
update, had the pipes all rewelded and had the code cleared, the engine light came back on the next day. i guess im gonna have the cats put back on and just put some different mufflers on for sound. the performance shop was bewildered that this code keeps coming on, apparently its a "permanent history code" the same thing the dealer said after they cleared the code, idk its weird, only way to get rid of it permanently is to have the rear o2's tuned out, but i dont want to void the warranty, im taking it to the dealer tomorrow for the first oil change and see what they say about it
chaacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #31
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The permanent type codes will remain until the ECM verifies the condition is in fact gone. Clearing it with a scan tool will not remove it.

I'd hold off a day or two and see if it goes away.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #32
chaacole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
The permanent type codes will remain until the ECM verifies the condition is in fact gone. Clearing it with a scan tool will not remove it.

I'd hold off a day or two and see if it goes away.
ya but the code was cleared after the welds were fixed, meaning there was no light, after i drove it for a day it came back on, if the problem was fixed i would assume the light would not come on? idk itll be prob be next week until i could get them put back on anyways, we'll see. but i highly doubt the light would come on, then just turn off?
Old 05-11-2016, 10:15 PM   #33
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
If the welds are fixed, your o2 sensor in that one bank might be faulty.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #34
chaacole

The shop data logged it and said the o2s are reading fine. Took it to the dealer for oil change and they said the rear o2s are not getting hot enough since the cat is gone and is throwing a code. They also said they would have to void my emissions warranty if I did not put them back. I've done some research as well and other people are having this problem. Not all but some. Few guys chimed in on this thread as well saying it threw a code. Just know it is a possibility that deleting the rear cats can this a code. I'll be putting them back and just adding an outlaw axelback
Old 05-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #35
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaacole View Post
Took it to the dealer for oil change and they said the rear o2s are not getting hot enough since the cat is gone and is throwing a code.
Aren't the rear o2's in front of the secondary cats though?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:15 AM   #36
chaacole

They are in front of them. Right behind the primary cats. These newer systems are just really sensitive I guess. No need in voiding my emissions warranty for an extra five horses though. I mainly just did it for sound lol
Old 10-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #37
WhiteKnightSS1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE \ 2006 Z06
And here I am, in a 2018 1LE, 1200 miles on the odometer, with the same code and issue. Code popped a few days after 2nd Cat delete, and same day I installed a Mishimoto catch can.
WhiteKnightSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #38
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I was under the car today and noticed the "post" O2 sensor on the passenger side is very close to the 2nd cat and located after the flange Borla uses to bolt their part# 60606 X-pipe with mid-pipe system.

If you look closely at their diagram, you can see the bung they've provided to maintain proper placement of the O2 sensor.

If your shop cut the 2nd cat out there and then re-welded a straight piece in that close to the sensor (without removing it), you can bet it is toast IMHO of course.
Attached Images

Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #39
WhiteKnightSS1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE \ 2006 Z06
I agree, that is a possibility. But I now have p0420, p0430, and p2099 codes now. All mods up front will be removed and the car goes to the dealership on Monday. I will let them fiddle with it under warranty.
WhiteKnightSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #40
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Even with the codes cleared the engine light will come back on as long as the code is in the permanent memory of the ECM. It takes several drive cycles for the code to clear out of the permanent history and not trip the check engine light.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 PM   #41
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Even with the codes cleared the engine light will come back on as long as the code is in the permanent memory of the ECM. It takes several drive cycles for the code to clear out of the permanent history and not trip the check engine light.
What he said, I agree it takes a lot of cycles to get rid off them.

After my cam install, I had 3 codes kept coming back. I kept clearing them again and again. Not sure how many but it was a lot. Finally they stopped and did not come back on and car is running great.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #42
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaacole View Post
hey guys i deleted the second cats this weekend, was good for two days then the engine light came on. took it to autozone to scan the codes but couldnt pull anything up. i was under the impression that deleting the second cats would not throw the engine light. whats going on?

Thanks, Chaz
go to oreilys, autozone never reads my car.
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote