Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #10039
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Well just jump on over the the Shelby forums. Or post it in other vehicles. No need to shit on this thread with that over priced crap.
From one enthusiast to another....have a little respect. I seem to remember you posting pictures of your son's mustang and repeatedly bashing the EcoBoost all over this website, so maybe you're the one that needs to "jump on over" to another forum! I like vehicles regardless of make and model. I just thought I would ask a fellow forum member for a few pictures that I and others may like to see.
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:19 PM   #10040
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
this is my "i hope i can join the 8 sec club" package. Just waiting on a new driveshaft and hoping to test it at LSFest West
My 2010 became a real problem in Ca, shipped it away to solve the problem. Not at the level of your build though. I work down the street from the shop in the pic, nice build and great car!

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:00 PM   #10041
Bruizer

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Well just jump on over the the Shelby forums. Or post it in other vehicles. No need to shit on this thread with that over priced crap.
What the f is wrong with you?
Seriously...seek help.
Bruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #10042
GirlyNFG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 w/ NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Camaro View Post
My 2010 became a real problem in Ca, shipped it away to solve the problem. Not at the level of your build though. I work down the street from the shop in the pic, nice build and great car!
Thank you!! Looks like that’s piece of the puzzle may arrive Saturday night. Driveshaft... of course the 9” made my dss shaft 2.75” too short. 😭🙄
My fiancé works with mxa in NC. The shop the car is at now is New Era Performance in Agoura, CA
28"x10.5" MT ET Drag 28"x4.5" M&H fronts
PB: 9.569 @ 151.05
GirlyNFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 AM   #10043
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
Thank you!! Looks like that’s piece of the puzzle may arrive Saturday night. Driveshaft... of course the 9” made my dss shaft 2.75” too short. ����
My fiancé works with mxa in NC. The shop the car is at now is New Era Performance in Agoura, CA
Small world, I work out here and have a have house in Mooresville. Getting ready to retire to Mooresville. I know where mxa is, spend a little time at the Mooresville Dragstrip.

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:50 AM   #10044
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue1SS View Post
From one enthusiast to another....have a little respect. I seem to remember you posting pictures of your son's mustang and repeatedly bashing the EcoBoost all over this website, so maybe you're the one that needs to "jump on over" to another forum! I like vehicles regardless of make and model. I just thought I would ask a fellow forum member for a few pictures that I and others may like to see.

Today i drove the SS to the office and plan on cleaning it up tonight due to the green tint covering the car

This is true i did post a pic of his stang next to my SS. And the EcoBoost is a pile of crap. This is the perfect place to say that.

And...you are correct, i should have, and there is a section below for other vehicles.

And i am glad he enjoys his truck. But it is way over priced Ford junk - imo.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #10045
Minerbros66

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Bowtie at night
Attached Images

2018 Shelby Baja Raptor #87
Minerbros66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #10046
Minerbros66

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue1SS View Post
I seem to get three reactions with the truck, People love it, Are brand elitist's and hate it just because its a Ford, or are upset with me, for being able to afford it for some reason lol. Appreciate the interest!
2018 Shelby Baja Raptor #87
Minerbros66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #10047
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerbros66 View Post
I seem to get three reactions with the truck, People love it, Are brand elitist's and hate it just because its a Ford, or are upset with me, for being able to afford it for some reason lol. Appreciate the interest!
I used to be very pro GM till about 10 years ago and realized almost every manufacturer makes a decent vehicle. I'd kill to have a Raptor. My daily is a 17' Fusion Sport with the 2.7L Ecoboost. Thing is a beast with AWD. I'm sure it could smoke my SS off the line but I'm not great at launching with RWD.

Also like your bowtie, Some think their stupid but I think it looks pretty cool at night. I have one on my Camaro but I never drive that car at night to notice it.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #10048
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I did some cussing and yelling today. Changed the oil for the first time (600 miles). Drove up the ramps with no issue, oil pan drain plug took a little extra torque to get off. The cussing started when I realized that Hercules works at the Lansing plant and torqued the filter to 1000 ft lbs.

Put on the Jack pads while I had it up.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #10049
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
I did some cussing and yelling today. Changed the oil for the first time (600 miles). Drove up the ramps with no issue, oil pan drain plug took a little extra torque to get off. The cussing started when I realized that Hercules works at the Lansing plant and torqued the filter to 1000 ft lbs.

Just be thankful that you don’t have to do the transmission fluid change with the M6, on jack stands. There’s not a ton of room under there if you’re a decent sized guy..second go around should be easier though.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #10050
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post

They don't put any oil on the filter gasket and that makes the gasket stick to the filter housing mount. Just be sure to put a coating of oil on the gasket before installing.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:17 PM   #10051
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
They don't put any oil on the filter gasket and that makes the gasket stick to the filter housing mount. Just be sure to put a coating of oil on the gasket before installing.
Yep, I destroyed mine getting the filter off the first time.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:19 PM   #10052
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerbros66 View Post
I must be in a 4th dimension...

I do not love it
I am not anywhere near a brand elitist
I can afford it