Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
ndavis01

Drives: White 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Smile 2010-2015 CAMARO V6 LOUDMOUTH AXLE BACK EXHAUST

I live in San Diego California and I bought this exhaust to go on my 2012 Chevy Camaro LS. It is the Version 1 model and I have gotten a couple of quotes to see how much it would cost. All The quotes are between $120-180. The job is expected to take between 45 mins and an hour and there is no welding required as it is completely bolt on. This seems way to much for a short job and everything I have been reading shows not to pay over $100 MAX.

Does this seem way too high too.

Does anyone know where I can find a good shop that doesn’t overcharge in my area?

By the way I’m only 16 so I’m not sure if they are trying to take advantage of me thinking I don’t know a thing or to about car mods.
ndavis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
ndavis01

Smile

By the way this is the link of the one I chose.

http://www.slponline.com/product/312...th-4-Tips.html
Old 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
I only paid 120 for my mrt v1 my cai and my carbon fiber spoiler all combined it took the guy only a hour and a half
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
And don’t tell them your age because I’m 18 now got my camaro at 16 too so it’s good to meet another teen that got a camaro for their first car
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
American Muffler in Kearny Mesa did my whole axel back, with some welding for $80.00. Behind the deli/liquor store that is across the street from the Dixieline.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
If it doesn’t require welding maybe you should give it a try yourself. Typically axle back systems are very easy to install, you might not even have to jack the car up
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #7
ndavis01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone View Post
American Muffler in Kearny Mesa did my whole axel back, with some welding for $80.00. Behind the deli/liquor store that is across the street from the Dixieline.
I will give them a call thank you.

Tags
san diego, slp exhaust, slp loudmouth 1