Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 01-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #29
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
The only type of auto trans I would ever consider in a car like this would be a dual clutch manual/auto type. I still can't understand why GM hasn't made one yet. Seems like the perfect type of thing for the Corvette!
Like most, of the European sports car company's make. And not only in the sports cars, VAG has them available in just about everything they sell.

Other than that I would prefer some 18" wheels over the 19"s some of you have mentioned. The 20's, while they do look good, are neither needed nor necessary in my opinion.
That and a throttle cable! (I HATE the electronic throttle control)
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #30
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
In my opinion nothing, I have an 80k sports car that can walk laps around a lot of impressive cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Tell that to Lamborghini Huracan drivers. You ever hear the term "work smarter not harder"?

Lamborghini has as has many other manufacturers of some of the fastest cars in the world.
Agreed! Nothing in the world can beat driving a Lamborghini. I'm a big fan of a good old manual transmission, however when you're driving a Lamborghini that's the last thing on your mind.

I recently rented a Lamborghini SV LP750 for the day, the car was amazing. The acceleration and sound of the car is unbeatable, one of the best experiences of my life.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #31
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
LOL. Typical automatic driver response. Why do you guys always feel the need to justify your choice? Just enjoy your automatic. We don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair.... your very condescending response only proved his point, sounds like you are exactly the type of "manual driver" he is referring to.

There's a few type of people that drive manuals, and one of those types is exactly like he said, the "If you don't drive a manual you're not a man!" type... and that's you big guy.

As much as some of us would love to argue otherwise the new Autos are just better than manuals (maybe not the A8 but definitely the A10), the reason the 1LE is manual only is not because it's faster but because it's more engaging/more fun(for some people), it's that simple. If you can't accept that you are delusional haha
Old 01-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #32
Sleeks

Drives: None
1) Less Weight
2) Small wheel sizes - 18 or 19
3) A window big enough that a head with helmet can fit through
4) Maybe a little different gearing in the transmission
5) A front lip that isn't made of brittle plastic

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:00 AM   #33
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post

There's a few type of people that drive manuals, and one of those types is exactly like he said, the "If you don't drive a manual you're not a man!" type... and that's you big guy.

I've never said that or thought it. Why do you guys always bring that up when there's an auto vs manual discussion?

srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #34
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
What M6G members want: More visibility, higher vents, bigger back seat, higher seating position, more visibility, an extra 200lbs of sound deadening, wider seating, bigger trunk, more headroom, more visibility, higher sales numbers, an automatic, less cartoonish looks, easier ingress/egress for the pear-shaped, and...oh yeah, more visibility.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #35
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
The work "word" isnt the focus of the statment. You either get the meaning or you dont.

I love manual cars too but anymore they are here to make someone feel more manly than anything else. Autos are just flat out better most of the time. I get having a love for jamming gears, but people that claim a car is somehow less with an auto is just nonsense in todays world. No road course driver will ever admit to liking an auto better. That would somehow make them appear to be less of a man. Lol
HAHAHAHA, meaning understood 100%. My M3 is a DCT for good reason.

I never understood that nonsense either. It is silly. Drive and enjoy what what you like, how you like.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 AM   #36
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeks View Post
1) Less Weight
2) Small wheel sizes - 18 or 19
3) A window big enough that a head with helmet can fit through
4) Maybe a little different gearing in the transmission
5) A front lip that isn't made of brittle plastic

Agreed 1000%! The visibility isn't an issue for me but the window that's too small for my helmet is quite annoying haha as for the front lip yea it's way too flimsy, that's why I will most likely be replacing mine with RPI's fiberglass replica (under $200 for it already painted satin black!).
Old 01-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #37
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
AWD, 1,100HP, mid engine, weighting 2,500lbs that gets 40MPGs and runs on french fry oil. Oh and a kick ass 3000watt stereo perfectly tune for Metallica.
+1

Quote:
Did I miss anything?
Beer fridge?

Oh, and based on a lot of the posts on this topic, both a dual-clutch paddle-shifting A10 AND a manual transmission(just push an easily bumped by your elbow button on the center console)
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #38
Mr Bill

Drives: Camaro 1LE 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
What M6G members want: More visibility, higher vents, bigger back seat, higher seating position, more visibility, an extra 200lbs of sound deadening, wider seating, bigger trunk, more headroom, more visibility, higher sales numbers, an automatic, less cartoonish looks, easier ingress/egress for the pear-shaped, and...oh yeah, more visibility.
sounds like y’all should have bought a different 🚙
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
LOL. Typical automatic driver response. Why do you guys always feel the need to justify your choice? Just enjoy your automatic. We don't care.

Point out which post was Jusyifying anything I've purchased. It's called a discussion, and its the topic if the thread. Your reply does however proves my point. Thank you.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #40
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
To be fair.... your very condescending response only proved his point, sounds like you are exactly the type of "manual driver" he is referring to.

As much as some of us would love to argue otherwise the new Autos are just better than manuals (maybe not the A8 but definitely the A10), the reason the 1LE is manual only is not because it's faster but because it's more engaging/more fun(for some people), it's that simple. If you can't accept that you are delusional haha

motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #41
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
It would be nice if someone manufactured a lip made out of a pliable plastic that could take an impact and return to original shape rather than a rigid brittle plastic.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #42
TunaMelt

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I knew all this going into this car and still love it. However it's not my daily and if it had to be I would have passed.
  • Improve the road noise. It's my loudest car by far.
  • Fix the drivetrain noises in the clutch and rear end. It's kinda clunky.
  • Fix the driveline vibration in 3rd and 4th
  • Lower the belt line to improve visibility.
TunaMelt is offline   Reply With Quote