Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #197
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
My spoiler was delivered today. Surprisingly, this one arrived without damage. The installation was going well until I pulled the AC wing off. As I was pulling up on one side the bolts on the other side of the wing popped out of the holes and scratched my deck lid. It’s not horrible but I’m a little ocd so it’s going to drive me nuts. I strongly recommend two people for this project. I’ll get some better pics soon
Attached Images

SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #198
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Looks good man. When did you order that one? I'm starting to get really pissed waiting for the AC one I'm about to cancel the order.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #199
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Looks good man. When did you order that one? I'm starting to get really pissed waiting for the AC one I'm about to cancel the order.
I placed my order on March 11th so it wasn't too long. The only thing that bothers me is the middle stanchion doesn't sit flush with the trunk lid. The middle part of my lid looked like it was raised by the holes. I'm not sure if it's bent or if it's the wing. Overall, it's a nice wing.
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:10 PM   #200
Jaxcam02

finally got an update from vivid on my AC wing. they expect shipping in 2 weeks. thats over a 6 month wait. I have had a custom bumper molded, made and shipped in less than 6 months before. UGH. this thing better come in in prestine condition and last for the life of the car without major cracks. I really hope they figured out their resin issues over the last few months.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #201
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
When did you place the order Jax? They gave me a rough date of the end of April but nothing concrete. I understood going into it there would be a FEW month wait, but as you said, im now at 6 months and still got 2 weeks before the PROJECTED date.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:13 PM   #202
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
I e-mailed Anderson yesterday and this is what I said and the response I got. BEEP is there because I don't do names. When I ordered it from BEEP Motorsports it was an 8 to 12 week wait which now is past that time. Here's what I then wrote Anderson and the response I got.

My question Sunday:My name is Johnny and last name, I ordered your the ZL1 1LE from BEEP Motorsports. What is the ETA or build date of this wing? I ordered Jan 8th last time I checked a few weeks ago it was Apr 8th. When I ordered time was 8 to 12 weeks. Thanks

Anderson answer Monday: Johnny

This part is on back order due to high popularity. Unfortunately the lead time given to you by BEEP was incorrect, we apologize for any miscommunication on our part. We are currently scheduled to manufacture product through May 2021 to fill orders from late last year. We will have to wait for our next production schedule in June to determine when your part may be available. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:52 PM   #203
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
I e-mailed Anderson yesterday and this is what I said and the response I got. BEEP is there because I don't do names. When I ordered it from BEEP Motorsports it was an 8 to 12 week wait which now is past that time. Here's what I then wrote Anderson and the response I got.

My question Sunday:My name is Johnny and last name, I ordered your the ZL1 1LE from BEEP Motorsports. What is the ETA or build date of this wing? I ordered Jan 8th last time I checked a few weeks ago it was Apr 8th. When I ordered time was 8 to 12 weeks. Thanks

Anderson answer Monday: Johnny

This part is on back order due to high popularity. Unfortunately the lead time given to you by BEEP was incorrect, we apologize for any miscommunication on our part. We are currently scheduled to manufacture product through May 2021 to fill orders from late last year. We will have to wait for our next production schedule in June to determine when your part may be available. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
That doesn’t sound good if I read that right.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:02 PM   #204
jaybee924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
That doesn’t sound good if I read that right.
Yeah you read that right!!!!
Old 04-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #205
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
When did you place the order Jax? They gave me a rough date of the end of April but nothing concrete. I understood going into it there would be a FEW month wait, but as you said, im now at 6 months and still got 2 weeks before the PROJECTED date.
October 17th lol
Old 04-13-2021, 08:03 PM   #206
AZIROC

Quote:
October 17th lol

Oh boy. I didn't order mine till nov 8th . the response I got on March 25th when I msgd them was;

We hope to fulfill November orders in May based on our current back orders and production schedule.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:11 PM   #207
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Oh boy. I didn't order mine till nov 8th . the response I got on March 25th when I msgd them was;

We hope to fulfill November orders in May based on our current back orders and production schedule.
Lol well if half their shipments doesn't get damaged and have cracking problems we would probably had ours months ago
Old 04-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #208
jaybee924

Not to be a Debbie downer but to add to my post #204:
BEEP Motorsports called me today Apr. 14th because they called Anderson to see when the ship time/build time is. She said Anderson said it will be an additional 10 to 16 weeks.

So I'm cancelling which she was understanding and even said I know it's early in the morning but I can't make any sense of this. I'm going to order and take my chance with the EOS ZL1 1LE Gloss Black Spoiler. Sorry guys
Old 04-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #209
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Well I moved on from them after they told me they had no idea when they could send my replacement wing after I received the damage one. It was a couple days short of 23 weeks from order to receipt. Which in my opinion, was ridiculous! Hell a house can be build in that time. Sorry to hear about your situation, but I guess when they got you by the short hairs........
I thought about ordering the OEM one and got a great price from a dealer on the forum, but I really didn't want to spend that kind of money on a wing.
Had an order in with Next Gen Speed, but they couldn't deliver in the time frame they claimed.
Now C7 Carbon is on the clock.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #210
AZIROC

Quote:
Lol well if half their shipments doesn't get damaged and have cracking problems we would probably had ours months ago

I just emailed the company I went through and asked them to call anderson and just see what they say. See if we r getting the same story or it time lines are just being made up.