Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2023, 09:54 AM   #57
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
It's a shame, but you're definitely right. People on their phones, both while driving and at traffic signals.

People who fail to signal turns, guess all that effort to flip the turn signal is just too much, better to save their energy and let the person waiting to turn out just sit there.

People dawdling along in the passing lane.

People driving right next to each other at the same, below the limit, speed.

People tailgating even though they can see there's a car in front of you that is keeping you from driving any faster.

And of course the previously mentioned 'me first' drivers who don't really want to drive particularly fast, but also get seriously offended if someone else passes them.

All of Atlanta has these people, but some areas seem to be more richly endowed than others.

Fortunately we're equipped with some universal sign language equipment which I've found myself deploying more frequently over the last few years.

Heaven help the person who decides to do anything about it because my patience is pretty much at an end
Great minds think a like. My gf hates it because “ I let them control my emotions” I tell her I just have to let them know how fkin stupid they are

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:53 PM   #58
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Heaven help the person who decides to do anything about it because my patience is pretty much at an end
if there's one thing i learned about driving

it's that one would go broke and die a lonely miserable death if they spent any amount of time correcting others on the road

also, driving a heavy, slow truck every day for the last 17 years has taught me that time lost due to defensive driving is unnoticeable. i frequently drive a governed vehicle to the same place, at the same time, the same way - lost time while playing it safe on a 500-600 mile trip is minutes or less.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:15 PM   #59
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
if there's one thing i learned about driving

it's that one would go broke and die a lonely miserable death if they spent any amount of time correcting others on the road

also, driving a heavy, slow truck every day for the last 17 years has taught me that time lost due to defensive driving is unnoticeable. i frequently drive a governed vehicle to the same place, at the same time, the same way - lost time while playing it safe on a 500-600 mile trip is minutes or less.
I don’t mind slow drivers I just don’t want them in the passing lane cruising. If I’m not sure who got to the 4 way stop, I defer. If a driver needs to get over and signals, I’ll slow down and let them over.

If you look at what I wrote, it’s the rude thoughtless drivers that get under my skin.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:28 PM   #60
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
I don’t mind slow drivers I just don’t want them in the passing lane cruising. If I’m not sure who got to the 4 way stop, I defer. If a driver needs to get over and signals, I’ll slow down and let them over.

If you look at what I wrote, it’s the rude thoughtless drivers that get under my skin.

Slow drivers in the left lane/Passing Lane irritates me to no end I give them time to move over if they don't and its safe to pass on the right I just do it and have been for years. Although around here we only really have two expressways that are only 2 lanes in each direction really K10 west of I-435 and US69 south of I-435. Other Interstates/expressways you have many lanes to get around people.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:44 PM   #61
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I've been on this forum for 2.5 years and didn't know this thread existed until now. But boy is it appropriate!

Over my many years of driving on highways, I too have noticed some of these same human behaviors or personality types others have described. I call them:

1) Generally, oblivious, then focused for the next minute: The person who was going slow in the left lane who is oblivious to your catching up to them, but then temporarily starts going faster once you pass them (only to slow down again once you open up the distance enough)/

2) The Pacer: Wants to drive the same speed as everyone around them, even when in a different lane. Pain in the a$$ to pass because they tend to speed up as you are passing them. Slows down traffic when in the fast lane because they pace off a slower car ahead that is blocking the flow, but not at a close enough distance to make the lead car aware that they are holding up traffic. But similar to the driver type #1, seems like the pacers are largely unaware they are doing any of the is.

3) The competitor/leader: Doesn't want anyone passing them, so will consciously speed up to ensure they stay ahead of you. Or even go out of their way to pass you if you happened to pass them by negotiating the traffic more efficiently

If anyone thinks of other personality types they've oberserved, add to the list by picking a name and describe it.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:13 PM   #62
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
If anyone thinks of other personality types they've oberserved, add to the list by picking a name and describe it.
I learned about this in a safety video for truck drivers. All of those drivers you mentioned are letting YOU drive THEIR car. They don't have enough of a brain to do their own driving. I set my cruise & drive my own speed, I don't speed up & slow down based on the speed of other cars around me. Seems like so many people do just the opposite.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:40 AM   #63
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:

i wasnt pointing at slow drivers. simply stating that letting the rude, thoughtless drivers have it, often involves slowing down. knowing & anticipating their move with a safe alternative for me. ie making room in a line of cars when you know someone wants to cut you off, as opposed to riding bumpers in an effort to occupy the space.

what gets me is how often people cut me off at work and generally challenge me. almost like they know i'll back off because i simply don't want to kill them. i know the sad truth is they are ignorant. to physics, laws, everything.

i was a hot head in my younger years, somehow i managed to never wreck. these days i go with the flow of traffic and let the big hurrys do what they want so i can get where i'm going. i spent a lot of time trying to teach lessons and punish people for driving like idiots. it's a bottomless pit.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:26 AM   #64
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
These big and ugly tanks try to stay even with me when i leave a light when i am in my C6. I just give it it a fast WOT burst and leave em in the dust.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:07 AM   #65
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
As many know, I ride motorcycle as well. It's really my first passion. You really need to be a defensive rider in todays world on the roads. I avoid highway travel whenever possible. (Which is 95% of the time or more) Weather I'm on my bike, in my Camaro, in the Tahoe, etc... I despise highway travel. It's boring, you don't slow down and take in the sites, 95% of the drivers are idiots and are out to kill you. 90 MPH on a cell phone while riding your bumper. I just have no time for the highway. If it takes me 40 minutes longer to get somewhere because I take the back roads, I'll leave 40 minutes earlier.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:15 AM   #66
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Careless driving is only going to continue to increase the more people on the road with the same lax driving standards. The road is one of the most obvious examples of a persons morals and ethics on display for all to see. As you can tell, these days, most people are stupid or just don’t care about anything but themselves.
I agree with you except I think most drivers are more oblivious than plain stupid, although some certainly are stupid. I tell my wife all the time that the way someone drives tells me a lot about who they really are.

And unfortunately driver's education isn't what it used to be either. When I was in high school in the late 70s, early 80s drivers education was a class you took in school. Today it's not here and the training suffers as a result. And when I learned to drive there were not any cell phones to distract you. I tried, for the most part successfully, to instill in my kids habits from my drivers education and my driving experience that good drivers should use, like using a turn signal. And also to be a defensive driver as there are so many distracted drivers on the road today.

Speaking of which I have three pet peeves that ignore me about other drivers.

1. Those persons who don't use turn signals, especially when there is other traffic around them. It's just common curiosity, not to mention safer and required by law most places, to signal before you make a turn.

2. Those persons who drive in the left lane and stay there. Most are either oblivious to those around them or they just don't give a damn.

3. Those persons who for whatever reason have to get in front of everyone, no matter what. My office is about 2 miles from my home. The road from my office goes from five lanes (including a center turn lane) down to three lanes about a half mile from my neighborhood. Almost daily there is someone who tries to pass everyone in the right lane just before that lane ends rather than waiting in the left lane like most everyone else does. Oftentimes that person then turns off on another road before my neighborhood.

Sorry to be so long winded.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:14 AM   #67
PKG4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Yes Alabama drivers suck! And I65 is freaking horrible Interstate. They have crashes everyday on the Interstate especially when you get between Huntsville and Birmingham:(
Sitting at the beach right now, Friday evening commute down I65 was no issues. Just a couple idiots clogging up the flow. Nothing too bad this time.

Old 02-04-2023, 09:34 AM   #68
PKG4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i wasnt pointing at slow drivers. simply stating that letting the rude, thoughtless drivers have it, often involves slowing down. knowing & anticipating their move with a safe alternative for me. ie making room in a line of cars when you know someone wants to cut you off, as opposed to riding bumpers in an effort to occupy the space.

what gets me is how often people cut me off at work and generally challenge me. almost like they know i'll back off because i simply don't want to kill them. i know the sad truth is they are ignorant. to physics, laws, everything.

i was a hot head in my younger years, somehow i managed to never wreck. these days i go with the flow of traffic and let the big hurrys do what they want so i can get where i'm going. i spent a lot of time trying to teach lessons and punish people for driving like idiots. it's a bottomless pit.

I have calmed down a bit, as I’m still pretty young. I drive professionally so if I’m honest a part of me just expects everyone to be better at something that is THE MOST DANGEROUS THING ANYONE DOES, and we do it every day. I’ve learned as you said the older I get, it’s better to be safe than to let someone know they are stupid. Just make as much space between me and them and keep cruising.

Old 02-04-2023, 07:55 PM   #69
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Is it just me? It seems like a regular thing, I pass someone in a truck and the redneck just has to speed up and get on my bumper.

This happened yesterday (again) coming back over some mountains from Alabama to Georgia I passed a dually diesel Ram, on a two lane road in a passing zone. Prior to me passing him Mr. Truck Driver was content to cruise along at about 50. Once I passed him he discovered the desire to drive closer to 70 and tailgate me. Like he had something to prove. Once it got really twisty he found he couldn't prove whatever he was trying to.

When that happens step on it until he is a dot in your mirror, then slow down, let him ride your bumper to annoy him, then let him pass you. Once he passes you then you tail gate him a while to annoy him, the after a while pass him again. If he rides your bumper again the just Rinse and Repeat.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:04 PM   #70
Clear141

Drives: 22 SS 1LE
There’s 3 categories on the road, the docile, the dick and the driver. Just like life, the sheep, the wolf and the sheep dog. Everyone fits in one of those three. Choose wisely.
Clear141 is offline   Reply With Quote