Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #29
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I regularly commute between Austin TX and Atlanta GA, sometimes as much as twice a week. Alabama may as well have no speed limits. I REGULARLY am in some pack of traffic of vehicles moving at 90+ MPH on I-20 between the Mississippi Stateline and Tuscaloosa, and again between Tuscaloosa to Birmingham, and again from Birmingham to Georgia.

I had a jeep pace me in my Z28, would not let me go. I slow down to 75 MPH, he rides right beside me, I speed up to 80, he speeds up and paces me...rinse and repeat until I got tired of him. I literally had to get up to 120 before he finally backed out of it.
Sounds like a dream commute to me. I love driving 100+. I don't see the issue there, lol

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #30
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I regularly commute between Austin TX and Atlanta GA, sometimes as much as twice a week. Alabama may as well have no speed limits. I REGULARLY am in some pack of traffic of vehicles moving at 90+ MPH on I-20 between the Mississippi Stateline and Tuscaloosa, and again between Tuscaloosa to Birmingham, and again from Birmingham to Georgia.

I had a jeep pace me in my Z28, would not let me go. I slow down to 75 MPH, he rides right beside me, I speed up to 80, he speeds up and paces me...rinse and repeat until I got tired of him. I literally had to get up to 120 before he finally backed out of it.
Yes Alabama drivers suck! And I65 is freaking horrible Interstate. They have crashes everyday on the Interstate especially when you get between Huntsville and Birmingham:(
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:27 AM   #31
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by funked1 View Post
They are usually to busy maga-ing and rolling coal and blue lives mattering to mess with me. Out here in Kalifornia, I get more attention from stanced Tesla 3's with tinted windows. They need to save a whale, listen to NPR and do some hot yoga or something.
this is one of the most politically-ambiguous posts I've ever seen.
kevint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #32
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
I'm fine with them passing me (I've got nothing to prove - barring some fairly significant mods, which vehicle is faster is obvious) if they'd keep their ridiculously offset wheels between the lines in the road they can't see because of the equally absurd lift kit they installed (seems like every other truck in my area has done that recently) and keep their nuclear blast-bright offroad lights turned off for the sake of traffic going the other way.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #33
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Who knew driving a truck automatically made you a redneck, good grief people. Most truck guys like muscle cars too. Maybe they wanna check out your car a little closer.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #34
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I'll add to this and say that for most people it is just a primitive/non-conscience reaction. Most people have some sort of competitive nature about them.

I see it on the freeway all the time, no matter the vehicle I am driving. When you start to overtake someone, something triggers in their brain and they feel the need to speed up, as soon as you over take and create some distance, they resume their original pace.

Amen, that happens ALL the time! I try the stealth approach in those situations, I wait until I know I can get past them without the jackass in front of me tapping the brakes, then shift to a gear that lets me quietly fly past them before they know what happened. I've actually had people flash their hi-beams at me after I passed them, FROM THE OTHER LANE.
The other weird phenomenon is the herd mentality, I don't think they even know they're doing it, whatever the speed of the car near them is, that's what they'll do. So when you get in the lane that appears to be going even a little faster because they're passing the car you were behind, they speed up or slow down with the other car, I always assume that's what they'll do.
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #35
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Who knew driving a truck automatically made you a redneck, good grief people. Most truck guys like muscle cars too. Maybe they wanna check out your car a little closer.
It definitely doesn’t make you a redneck. I’ve owned two trucks and another one is in the future. Switching from a steady fifty, rolling coal and tailgating at seventy plus is redneck.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #36
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
This is an awkward post. In the spirit of insanity, Roast Me. for having a truck?
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2019, 10:19 AM   #37
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
What irks me is not only the trucks in the left lane going 1 MPH faster than the truck in the right lane, but anyone on the interstate that plays the cat & mouse game. They are slower than me so I pass them. 5 miles later they pass me then 5 miles later they slow down and I pass them. Then 5 miles later they pass me....and so it goes. A few days ago I played this game with a Nissan Altima for 200 + miles. Traffic was heavy so there was no getting away from this idiot.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #38
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I can do without someone aggressively showing appreciation at highway speed and very close range.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #39
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
I dont get it either. I've had more than 1 lifted dually try roll coal next to me on the interstate. Idiots.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #40
RickErnst
Rick's6inNJ

Drives: 2017 Vert 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I always figure it's some old guy and when they speed up until their wife starts yelling at them to slow down.
Boy does that sound all too familiar...
RickErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:00 PM   #41
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Is it just me? It seems like a regular thing, I pass someone in a truck and the redneck just has to speed up and get on my bumper.

This happened yesterday (again) coming back over some mountains from Alabama to Georgia I passed a dually diesel Ram, on a two lane road in a passing zone. Prior to me passing him Mr. Truck Driver was content to cruise along at about 50. Once I passed him he discovered the desire to drive closer to 70 and tailgate me. Like he had something to prove. Once it got really twisty he found he couldn't prove whatever he was trying to.
They are everywhere. Especially where I used to live, we called them "yee yee" trucks. Most of the time it was kids and adults 18-27. Usually has the Carolina Squat. Which looks highly stupid. Where I used to live they were EVERYWHERE and they drove like assholes, cut you off, jump curbs, tailgate, the lack of use of a turn signal.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #42
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
LMAO, good one, it's true here in Texas.
Just had a 2020 G63 test me in Carrollton this week , he actually had the slight edge until we came close to a S turn

Last edited by Mov Ov3r; 10-29-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote