Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 AM   #29
Mr Carrots

Drives: Bmw for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
To be honest, I hate it, that rendering makes the GM design look amazing. My opinion would be to scrap this design and never look back at it again.
Agreed, that is really not a good design.

The SEMA version fixes the main issues imo
Mr Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #30
Tim202

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post

Be honest love it, hate it? Because we're ready to start designing!
Tim202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #31
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane4985 View Post
So, is there a way to find out when this will be done. I am suppose to order a 2019 SS (in canada) in the next 2 month and I would like to know which fascia I will get.....
Word is it'll come into effect for the 2020 MY.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:43 PM   #32
MemBluff23

Drives: 19 Camaro SS
I like the current 2019 bumper
MemBluff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #33
HoCoCamaro

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
2019 SS design is reportedly being 'fixed'

Well that sure didn't take long...

thoughts?

https://jalopnik.com/chevrolet-repor...aro-1829936149
Old 10-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #34
MemBluff23

Drives: 19 Camaro SS
Already has been posted
MemBluff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:03 PM   #35
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I'll be waiting for an official statement from GM

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #36
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
The little bitches on reddit cars are still complaining. It's funny none of them are interested in the Camaro in the first place, yet expect GM to listen them. So many complaints about high belt line/practicality. These reddit cars users must be really fat whales to complain about space, I sat in a 6th Gen and I can fit two of myself in the drivers seat. The seat is very wide/big. The Cabin still feels roomy, my 5th gen cabin is too roomy. I'm glad they made the 6th gen smaller, it feels more sportier and you are in a better seating position. Yet still has enough space. The high belt line makes the car feel unique and visibility is no problem if you know how to drive and use the rear view camera/side mirrors.

If you have kids and need space, then stfu and get yourself and truck/suv. But, no, people not even shopping the Camaro need something to vent about, they complained about the 6th gen pre refresh design being too conservative, so Chevy brought about a drastic change, and now they're pretending to have been in love with the pre refresh design. This new facelift concept has not changed their opinion. They will still hate on the car.

I think they want a retro boxy looking large car weighing around 4000 pounds so it can be 'practical'. Or a cheaper car. Yet they were also whining about the 5th gen being so cheap. Now crying about the price raise.

So GM has fixed the SS for them, but a lot of them don't even know the LS/LT models look different. And I'm sure they can't afford the SS. Anyway done with the rant, I can't stand whiny people who complain about everything.

PS: This should have been the design from the beginning, they should have sought feedback of some sort within inner circles. Now interest has gone down after the reveal.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #37
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Actually just saw this on Jalopnik.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #38
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
The little bitches on reddit cars are still complaining. It's funny none of them are interested in the Camaro in the first place, yet expect GM to listen them. So many complaints about high belt line/practicality. These reddit cars users must be really fat whales to complain about space, I sat in a 6th Gen and I can fit two of myself in the drivers seat. The seat is very wide/big. The Cabin still feels roomy, my 5th gen cabin is too roomy. I'm glad they made the 6th gen smaller, it feels more sportier and you are in a better seating position. Yet still has enough space. The high belt line makes the car feel unique and visibility is no problem if you know how to drive and use the rear view camera/side mirrors.

If you have kids and need space, then stfu and get yourself and truck/suv. But, no, people not even shopping the Camaro need something to vent about, they complained about the 6th gen pre refresh design being too conservative, so Chevy brought about a drastic change, and now they're pretending to have been in love with the pre refresh design. This new facelift concept has not changed their opinion. They will still hate on the car.

I think they want a retro boxy looking large car weighing around 4000 pounds so it can be 'practical'. Or a cheaper car. Yet they were also whining about the 5th gen being so cheap. Now crying about the price raise.

So GM has fixed the SS for them, but a lot of them don't even know the LS/LT models look different. And I'm sure they can't afford the SS. Anyway done with the rant, I can't stand whiny people who complain about everything.
link?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #39
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lol funny how you guys believe everything you read...ill check it out and talk to them at sema this year well see what they have to say
Old 10-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #40
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
I just find it funny how people think GM can can change the bumper design instantly or change the belt line/sightlines with a refresh. Panel molds are made a more than 12 months in advance for refreshes and years in advance for new generations(as far as I know), and they cost a million dollars each. It’s very hard, then, for GM to start producing these concept bumpers before 2019, unless this concept bumper design was a plan B all along(which I know is a possibility). Gen 7 won’t be screwed up, and it should actually be 95% finished in terms of design by now. GM knows they messed up, and their designers and engineers are working hard to improve every aspect of the Camaro. They just can’t fix everything overnight, or even in a year.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #41
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
This made me blow air out of my nose. Once I saw the rear of the 19's in person they grew on me but I am now going to see the minions when I look at them from now on, thank you.

-Trae
Phastek Performance
Old 10-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #42

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
This made me blow air out of my nose. Once I saw the rear of the 19's in person they grew on me but I am now going to see the minions when I look at them from now on, thank you.

-Trae
Phastek Performance

…..or this....lol...

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote