Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #43
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeagen View Post
Thanks for the link.
End User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #44
1CEBITN

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert w/2SS
You all realize the 1500 mile restriction is only recommended for tracking the car, right? Someone else posted the pdf from GM if you want to look at it. For the first 500 miles they recommend keeping RPMs under 4000.

There are some differences for the ZL1 in terms of oil/diff fluid changes but GM doesn't recommend a 1500 mile oil or diff fluid change for the other Camaros, that is up to the owner. Can't hurt anything but also may be unnecessary, have to make your own decision there I guess. For the vast majority of owners who don't track the car the break-in is 500 miles per GM's recommendations.
1CEBITN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #45
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I am an engineer. When I write a spec for something that I have designed I assume that the user will feel that I knew what I was talking about and follow my directions. I feel the same way about the engineers at GM/Chev. I assume that they have good reasons for specifying the break in period and I am going to follow their directions, as I would expect for someone using something that I designed. My first Camaro had 47 miles on it when I got it in 2013, so it quite possibly had some rough riding while on the dealers lot. My new one, which has yet to be delivered, should come with only single digit miles on it, so I am going to follow Chev's break in commands completely.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:33 PM   #46
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Just turn the NPP to open (track mode) so it'll make a lot of noise and you'll think you are going fast, it also kind of warns you when you are getting the RPM up too high/too fast, since it gets loud

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote