Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
ANYONE LOOKING TO BUY A ZL1?

Hey if your wanting a ZL1 you should check this one out! I guess the seller thinks someone would actually be interested in his car for the price he is asking. Tell me what your thinking. I know what I am thinking!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Chevro...%7C1000%7C2500

Here is the answer I got back from the seller. [note my wife is stick on the ebay acct]

New message from: iatobob (18Yellow Star)
Thank you! I will keep dreaming. When I dream, I dream BIG!!! If you knew everything that went into this build and having to wait, checking up on them every 2-3 months you would probably ask for more. I’d rather ask what I want, than be a ***** and not say anything thus not getting to even close to what My time is worth.

On 4/15/21, 3:01 PM, stick3510 wrote:

stick3510 sent a message about 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 #303956932032

I do not think you will get that good sleep your wanting so keep dreaming!

Last edited by Bigtime53; 04-16-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Hey if your wanting a ZL1 you should check this one out! I guess the seller thinks someone would actually be interested in his car for the price he is asking. Tell me what your thinking. I know what I am thinking!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Chevro...%7C1000%7C2500
Sounds like Candy cleaned his clock in the divorce..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Looks like 18" wheels. Useless with 1200 hp, unless you're going over 70mph. It's worth $40k-$50k tops imo. So he not only added an extra 0 to the price...he tripled it first.

I want my two minutes back.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:48 PM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Never in a million years, no matter how 'rare' it is.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #5
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
People always think their cars are worth more than what it is.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:01 PM   #6
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
With Hennessey attached to it, it's worth about 100th of that price. IMHO
Maggie 2650 @ 18psi/ 75mm 10 rib/ Dual alky nozzles/ Roto-fab/ ARH 2" Lt's/ GT-12 cam/ ZL1 3.23 Conv./MGW/RPS triple carbon clutch/RSG tranny upgrage/Pedders Ex. XA w/ remote cans and a lot of other crap 897/8??@tires
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:22 PM   #7
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 1LE View Post
With Hennessey attached to it, it's worth about 100th of that price. IMHO
Exactly!!
Old 04-15-2021, 09:25 PM   #8
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Looks like 18" wheels. Useless with 1200 hp, unless you're going over 70mph. It's worth $40k-$50k tops imo. So he not only added an extra 0 to the price...he tripled it first.

I want my two minutes back.

You want your two minutes back? Hell your not doing anything anyway so it helped you pass some time instead of doing something else that would cost you money!
Old 04-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #9
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Damn, I was going to buy it until I saw the keys. No switchblades.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #10
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Did you catch how the lower front grill is cut up for the intercooler. The guy who did my ZL1 bumper did a much better job.

And that badge on the dash is obnoxious.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #11
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
When I first read this post I was thinking is this real? I clicked on the add and it says right there "Yes this is the Real Deal!". Then I pondered, can it get any better? Lo and behold right there in the sellers notes: "AS GOOD AS IT GETS!". With all of my questions answered I continued on. Nearly ready to purchase I stumbled upon the informative warning about the irregular heartbeat. Well, F -that. I already have enough automotive induced health problems. Whew, that was close.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #12
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
My thoughts as I read his LONG biography.
I'd like to first go with pro's:
He is wanting to help his kids college expenses, admirable.
It has a good color and drivetrain.
Has been kept in good condition and low miles, no accidents

Cons:
"Side Note: I have always had a knack for “feeling” future trends"
Yeah the guy you took it to is questionable, no knack or research done there

"when I brought it home and it has sat inside it’s bubble ever since! (2016) All of the 354 miles have been put on this car by Hennessey to make sure its solid!"
WHO takes a car to the shop and accepts a 2 YEAR wait while they joyride it?!! Then screams at relatives who touch it. Test and tune if they respected the car and owner would be <10 miles. Using it as a demonstrator and joyride car is 350+ miles.

A FULL restoration on an old rusty uncommon car takes some time to source each single part and restore or replace them. This thing was basically bolt on with a replacement engine and turbo intake and exhaust fabrication. This could be done in a week by an experienced shop with all the tools and experience after the pre-ordered the parts the prior week.

"So, picture yourself waiting 2 years, making payments on a car that you can’t drive. You’ve waited all that time, you finally pick it up, and you are outside your Aunt Martha’s house showing her the masterpiece inside your trailer transport, that you finally have been waiting for years to receive back. She goes to touch the hood and guess what!!?? I yell!!! ”Don’t touch it!!!” watching her recoil her hand as if it was going to electrocute her! Yes, she was pissed"

"Because I have 3 kids to put through college and I do not want them to have to take out student loans. Why have I not driven this car? Because the one and ONLY time I took it out for a drive, I got pulled over by police 2 blocks from my house and had to drive it straight back to its bubble and I don’t trust anyone on the roads."
Sounds like he was trying to buy a dream. At first I thought he was rich and made a poor choice (mostly the shop). Then I read he let them keep and joyride the car for years while making payments. yikes.

I hope he can sell the car at a reasonable price, 60-100k, and move on with a better life and better choices.

Last edited by silversleeper; 04-16-2021 at 12:08 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #13
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
My thoughts as I read his LONG biography.
I'd like to first go with pro's:
He is wanting to help his kids college expenses, admirable.
It has a good color and drivetrain.
Has been kept in good condition and low miles, no accidents

Cons:
"Side Note: I have always had a knack for “feeling” future trends"
Yeah the guy you took it to is questionable, no knack or research done there

"when I brought it home and it has sat inside it’s bubble ever since! (2016) All of the 354 miles have been put on this car by Hennessey to make sure its solid!"
WHO takes a car to the shop and accepts a 2 YEAR wait while they joyride it?!! Then screams at relatives who touch it.

A FULL restoration on an old rusty uncommon car takes some time to source each single part and restore or replace them. This thing was basically bolt on with a replacement engine and turbo intake and exhaust fabrication. This could be done in a week by an experienced shop with all the tools and experience after the pre-ordered the parts the prior week.

"So, picture yourself waiting 2 years, making payments on a car that you can’t drive. You’ve waited all that time, you finally pick it up, and you are outside your Aunt Martha’s house showing her the masterpiece inside your trailer transport, that you finally have been waiting for years to receive back. She goes to touch the hood and guess what!!?? I yell!!! ”Don’t touch it!!!” watching her recoil her hand as if it was going to electrocute her! Yes, she was pissed"

"Because I have 3 kids to put through college and I do not want them to have to take out student loans. Why have I not driven this car? Because the one and ONLY time I took it out for a drive, I got pulled over by police 2 blocks from my house and had to drive it straight back to its bubble and I don’t trust anyone on the roads."
Sounds like he was trying to buy a dream. At first I thought he was rich and made a poor choice (mostly the shop). Then I read he let them keep and joyride the car for years while making payments. yikes.

I hope he can sell the car at a reasonable price, 60-100k, and move on with a better life and better choices.

You are thinkin the same thing as I was. 2 years it sat at hennessey and the reason is why? Your right it set there because they would not release it till it was paid for. Someone said also that is another reason not to buy it because of where it was at getting the work done to it and I agree on that. I would not let them build my car back in 13 that I had and I would not today either if I was wanting one built. The seller has had someone really blow smoke up his you know what and he does not realize that his car is only a modified ZL1 without the correct motor in it. If he wanted a 427 he could have bought a Z/28 and saved whatever they overcharged him for it. I bet hennessey even got the LSA motor for hardly anything when they traded motors. Just face it the guy got screwed and he is trying to find a sucker to sell it to. That is my 2 cents! I am done!
Old 04-16-2021, 12:20 PM   #14
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
When I first read this post I was thinking is this real? I clicked on the add and it says right there "Yes this is the Real Deal!". Then I pondered, can it get any better? Lo and behold right there in the sellers notes: "AS GOOD AS IT GETS!". With all of my questions answered I continued on. Nearly ready to purchase I stumbled upon the informative warning about the irregular heartbeat. Well, F -that. I already have enough automotive induced health problems. Whew, that was close.
^^^^^^ Damn you did come close! I got a good laugh from this!