Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-01-2017, 05:40 AM   #29
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
If we are going to apply DA to my runs then we need to apply it to all the runs on the list. I have always suggested correcting numbers to 0 DA for comparison sake. Everyone cries about SAE dyno numbers but no one with "fast" cars want to compare corrected drag times. Strange.

If we are going to take the DA thing as gospel then we need to dispel the rest of things I posted about as known factors to going faster. So every .1 in 60ft isn't .2 at the stripe. 100lbs off the car isn't worth .1. Rotating mass on the rear wheels doesn't matter. 10rwhp isn't worth a .1 either. See where I am going with this. It seems to me that it is all hopes and dreams to bench race with. All that really matters is what it ran at the time in those conditions.
I agree with this, but it does not mean we can't look at certain time slips and see anomalies that leave room for improvement. I watched the Courtney Force 2017 ZL1 1/8mi test video, on that day she ran like a 7.9 at 95mph. I think there is a lot on the table with a run like that.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #30
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Dang, that's brutal. I was thinking about looking at some property near Bristol TN for retirement. But that track sits at 1,400ft. It was 37* when I left there this morning and it was still +197. Forget that. I will stay around the low lands where we get some - DA.
Yeah, I used to race in El Paso, 4100ft. Drove as far as Carlsbad CA or San Antonio looking for better times.

I even tried Bristol one (living in GA) because they had a midweek TnT. Not a bad track and fun to see NASCAR next door. But not a great track for times: mid-summer DA was 3000+.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #31
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
A brief search on "standard atmosphere" finds that for up to 10,000 feet every thousand feet results in a density drop starting at about 3% and dropping off to about 2.5%. Power loss would be roughly the same for a NA engine.

Using an average 2.75% density drop per thousand feet difference, a 2.75% power drop is close to an 0.9% ET increase and an 0.9% trap speed decrease.

http://www.pdas.com/e2.html

Norm