Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
sunsoutcamarosout

Drives: Toyota Prius
How important is Magnetic Ride Control?

Those of you that DID pick the option, is there any notable difference between a regular car/camaro and one with MRC?
Those of you that didn't, how are you finding the regular suspension?
Also, will having the MRC option help with me selling the car later lets say a couple years down the road?

The reason I'm asking is I've decided to bump up to the 2SS instead of 1SS because of the better sound, and the blind spot detection (It will be the first coupe I will have ever owned, and knowing camaro's notoriously bad visibility, i thought it would be a safe feature to have) And I'm trying to cut out unnecessary options.

Thanks!
sunsoutcamarosout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
My 2SS is a DD and I find the MRC has a noticeably smoother ride than my 2013 2LT did. I didn't drive a 2SS without MRC so I can't compare them but no regrets spending the extra money here. I suggest you take time to plan a route with a good mix of roads near a dealer and test drive both cars.

Good luck!
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Is MRC unnecessary for the enjoyment of the car? probably.

I've driven many many 1SS's and 2SS's and even the #LT's convertible and coupe. As it's part of my job. I ended up buying the 2SS with the MRC because of a few reasons. It's a smoother ride on rough roads. The most impressive is when you go over railroad crossings at say 15mph. It's insanely smooth. Without the MRC the 6th gen seems a little more Dramatic in these situations. Not saying that it handles worse, but you can definitely feel the difference. The other reason is I like having a softer dampening setting while on tour mode for when I'm just cruising down the highway, The dips in the road, the spaces where the concrete butts up together when it's done in sections, cracks with the tar over them. It's all smoother. But when it's put in track mode, which I do when i'm on more curvy roads like when I go home to North Arkansas and play in the mountains, the ride is amazingly firm in all the right ways. I noticed less body roll, you can feel the road better and seems more predictable.

So for me I found it was easily justifiable for me to get the MRC, as I bought the car to drive it and enjoy it, rather than to show it off at car shows or leave it in the garage. Places like that MRC doesn't matter since no normal person can look at the car and tell the difference. There's not a single option on my car that I found to be Unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
sunsoutcamarosout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
My 2SS is a DD and I find the MRC has a noticeably smoother ride than my 2013 2LT did. I didn't drive a 2SS without MRC so I can't compare them but no regrets spending the extra money here. I suggest you take time to plan a route with a good mix of roads near a dealer and test drive both cars.

Good luck!
This sounds like something I'll definitely have to do. I test drove one with MRC and couldnt tell if my ride was indeed smoother or not as there was nothing to compare to apart from my car, which was great anyways on the smooth roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
Is MRC unnecessary for the enjoyment of the car? probably.

I've driven many many 1SS's and 2SS's and even the #LT's convertible and coupe. As it's part of my job. I ended up buying the 2SS with the MRC because of a few reasons. It's a smoother ride on rough roads. The most impressive is when you go over railroad crossings at say 15mph. It's insanely smooth. Without the MRC the 6th gen seems a little more Dramatic in these situations. Not saying that it handles worse, but you can definitely feel the difference. The other reason is I like having a softer dampening setting while on tour mode for when I'm just cruising down the highway, The dips in the road, the spaces where the concrete butts up together when it's done in sections, cracks with the tar over them. It's all smoother. But when it's put in track mode, which I do when i'm on more curvy roads like when I go home to North Arkansas and play in the mountains, the ride is amazingly firm in all the right ways. I noticed less body roll, you can feel the road better and seems more predictable.

So for me I found it was easily justifiable for me to get the MRC, as I bought the car to drive it and enjoy it, rather than to show it off at car shows or leave it in the garage. Places like that MRC doesn't matter since no normal person can look at the car and tell the difference. There's not a single option on my car that I found to be Unnecessary.
This is exactly why I'm buying a Camaro, not to keep it in the garage, not to take it to car shows and have it standing there, but to drive it. EVERYDAY. I am not going to care if the car racks up mileage but because Its my first sports car I will be driving it as much as I can.

Quick question to follow up, how are you finding the 2SS over 1SS? Obviously the cosmetics are a bit better, but I'm not a of leather to begin with, are the technological features of the 2SS worth it?
Old 06-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #5
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I didn't get it and I'm fine without it. I have my car as a daily driver and it's comfortable on long trips (8 hours +) and trips around town.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #6
BadBillyJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutcamarosout View Post
This is exactly why I'm buying a Camaro, not to keep it in the garage, not to take it to car shows and have it standing there, but to drive it. EVERYDAY. I am not going to care if the car racks up mileage but because Its my first sports car I will be driving it as much as I can.

Quick question to follow up, how are you finding the 2SS over 1SS? Obviously the cosmetics are a bit better, but I'm not a of leather to begin with, are the technological features of the 2SS worth it?
There are things on the 2SS I wouldn't do without. The blind spot monitoring, which is awesome, but also works with the rear view camera while backing up to alert you of cars coming at you that you can't see. The cooled seats, HUD is sweet, I also got the Nav and it works REALLY well. Pretty cool that I can send directions to it from my remote link app. I would have been just fine with a 1SS though with MRC and NPP added as that's what I had originally ordered before getting the run around and finding the exact 2SS I wanted that had been sitting on a lot for 3 months.

The 2SS is tons of value, however I would not pay MSRP for one. The sales have been terrible on them, and the 2017 is coming SOON. That being said you should be able to find a great deal, and have no problem getting one at supplier, fully optioned is around 44k at supplier depending on accessories added of course.

Quote:
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
sunsoutcamarosout

44k for a fully optioned 2SS!? I'd go to the lot and drive it out the same day! The cheapest 2SS im seeing is $54k right now. Even after discounts, and tax it will cost me $54-55k.
Hell, a 1SS with MRC, NPP, and auto is costing me $50k right now!

I'm thinking I'll have to go drive both the 1 and 2SS to really determine the difference.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 06-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #8
BadBillyJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutcamarosout View Post
44k for a fully optioned 2SS!? I'd go to the lot and drive it out the same day! The cheapest 2SS im seeing is $54k right now. Even after discounts, and tax it will cost me $54-55k.
Hell, a 1SS with MRC, NPP, and auto is costing me $50k right now!

I'm thinking I'll have to go drive both the 1 and 2SS to really determine the difference.

Thanks for the input guys!

OHHHH you're in Canada. Disregard everything I said about Camaro prices in the current market. Supplier discount on a fully loaded 2SS with everything but the sunroof is about 43,500 USD my cost. I just got lucky and found one sitting on the lot for 3 plus months, and a dealership hurting in sales.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2016, 07:59 AM   #9
Code 6

Drives: n/a
another thing is with the mrc it doesn't let you get the lowering option. As I don't have a Camaro yet but like you looking into everything first I think I would rather have the lowering springs then mrc now said that for the guys that run mountains and such that might be a different story
Code 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:05 AM   #10
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Unless you are getting it specifically to have a more comfortable and not more aggressive ride it is useless.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
I'm glad I got the mrc, I notice in every mode the difference , in tour mode it drives very smooth, track mode is amazing , flat and on rails. Hud is always awesome as your eye are always on the road, as for blind spots, I found my cadiallac ATS has worse blind spots. In my opinion getting a loaded ss2 was the way to go for me.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote