Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
Yes it does
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #86
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
So...for those interested...I just took a 100 mi. jaunt around some rural roads last night to put some miles on it.

And for the most part - my opinion on the ride quality hasn't changed - it's stiff as a Z/28, or stiffer even. I rolled across a 1 mi. section of some kind of patchy, rough stuff...and got beat up a little bit inside...I'm leaning more towards the "stiffer than a Z/28" side of the coin, now.

Not that it's a bad thing!! LOVE IT!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:20 AM   #87
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
So...for those interested...I just took a 100 mi. jaunt around some rural roads last night to put some miles on it.

And for the most part - my opinion on the ride quality hasn't changed - it's stiff as a Z/28, or stiffer even. I rolled across a 1 mi. section of some kind of patchy, rough stuff...and got beat up a little bit inside...I'm leaning more towards the "stiffer than a Z/28" side of the coin, now.

kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #88
Mize442

Drives: Current driver AMC emlin X 5ltr.
Quote:

Thank you for letting us know. I had a deposit on a 1LE but my wife (i know your thinking with my beautiful profile picture how can i have only 1 woman) loves riding with me and we bought a ZL1 instead. This last month i have been having thise doubts, but not any more.
Mize442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #89
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mize442 View Post
Thank you for letting us know. I had a deposit on a 1LE but my wife (i know your thinking with my beautiful profile picture how can i have only 1 woman) loves riding with me and we bought a ZL1 instead. This last month i have been having thise doubts, but not any more.
I think you made the right choice - and you won't be disappointed!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #90
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I suspected it would be stiffer than the Z/28 considering how much they stiffened up the suspension compared to the regular model. I would also think a second set of wheels with a true street tire would help soften the ride so you can save the OEM tires for the track.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:35 PM   #91
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I suspected it would be stiffer than the Z/28 considering how much they stiffened up the suspension compared to the regular model. I would also think a second set of wheels with a true street tire would help soften the ride so you can save the OEM tires for the track.
Ehhh....don't count on it, too much. The 19's already offer a bit more sidewall (albeit stiff sidewall) than the standard ZL1s and SS 1LEs....the stiffness is all in the suspension and spring rates.

That said...I've been thinking about street tires for a while leading up to this...simply because of the rain and wear.....I have settled on the opinion of, if you're going to buy this car, and then put street tires on it...shame on you.

If it's a serious consideration? Buy a regular ZL1. Enjoy a thoroughly comfortable ride when you want it, and hit sport mode when you want to go race.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #92
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Ehhh....don't count on it, too much. The 19's already offer a bit more sidewall (albeit stiff sidewall) than the standard ZL1s and SS 1LEs....the stiffness is all in the suspension and spring rates.

That said...I've been thinking about street tires for a while leading up to this...simply because of the rain and wear.....I have settled on the opinion of, if you're going to buy this car, and then put street tires on it...shame on you.

If it's a serious consideration? Buy a regular ZL1. Enjoy a thoroughly comfortable ride when you want it, and hit sport mode when you want to go race.
I agree, anything short of the OEM rubber on the 1LE is a great disservice to the engineers who designed it (Chevy and Goodyear), the men and women who built it and most importantly The ZL1 1LE itself.

With that said, I'm still waiting for Goodyear to release the price on their 3R's.

Can't wait to get my guts rattled and my spine compressed.

Keep the updates coming.
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:45 AM   #93
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I would have no problem with adding a second set of hi-perf street tires on a car like this or the 5th Gen Z/28 to save on tire wear on a crazy expensive track tire that wears super fast. But that's me.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #94
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
No wife...

Happy life.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #95
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming. I plan to do exactly what I did with my ZL1. Have a track set of rims and tires and a non track set of rims and tires. I want to save the good tires for the track. Nothing wrong with that. Now if the car will ever get here.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #96
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:

I'm just catching up on Camaro6 reading. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to trying the car. Stiffer than Z/28. That should be interesting! Let us know other impressions as you collect them.

As an aside, while I find my Z/28 springs/shocks to be a but rough on the street, they are fantastic on track. Even on rough tracks like Sebring, they seem to soak up bumps that many complain about.

Can't wait for my car!
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #97
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwille View Post
I'm just catching up on Camaro6 reading. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to trying the car. Stiffer than Z/28. That should be interesting! Let us know other impressions as you collect them.

As an aside, while I find my Z/28 springs/shocks to be a but rough on the street, they are fantastic on track. Even on rough tracks like Sebring, they seem to soak up bumps that many complain about.

Can't wait for my car!
Doug,

Congrats on the new ZL1-1LE, great to see someone who can really drive and enjoy one of those beasts
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:04 PM   #98
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
Doug,

Congrats on the new ZL1-1LE, great to see someone who can really drive and enjoy one of those beasts
Thanks John! High praise coming from a hotshoe like you!

I hope to do the car justice. I'll use it at Optima events, and One Lap and the Texas Mile. Probably take it to the grocery store too.

P.S.- Chevy, please ship our cars!

Last edited by Dwille; 07-05-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: I'm stoopid.
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote