Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2023, 02:13 PM   #1
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE
SE Michigan - Best Shop For Basic Service (Alignment/Tire Mounting)

Hi Everyone,

As you can see from the title, I was hoping to hear some recommendations on high quality shops that perform basic services like alignments and tire mounting in the SE Michigan area.
I'm looking to track the car soon so would like a place that will take care of the car when I need to get alignments and swap/install tires.
Not looking for tuning or performance mods specialization but just a shop you've had experience with that is mindful of the customer's car and parts.

Took my 1LE wheels to a Firestone some time ago that had a touchless machine to swap tires. Wheels were separate from the car because I'd like to avoid a shop lifting the car as much as possible.
Manager on the phone said he's worked on performance cars, but the tech must have used a metal flathead to take off the weights because there were small knicks on the inside of the barrel.
Not really happy with that result and lack of care but I guess that's to be expected from a volume tire/service shop.

Hindsight is 20/20
Camaro Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:21 PM   #2
6pt2Power

Drives: Camaro 2SS M6 Vert
I've had good experiences with my local discount tire shop. You need to go in and ask to speak to the store manager. Ask if they have someone experienced with high performance cars that can do wide rim installation without damage. Deal only with him. Show him your wheels are perfect. Take pictures of your wheels if there is an issue.
This is what I've done for the last 10 years that I've had my 392 and hellcat Challengers.
Old 08-09-2023, 02:31 PM   #3
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE
Thanks for the insights 6pt2Power.
Mind me asking which discount tire shop?
Camaro Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:42 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Go on the Hunter website and find out what shop near you is using the Revolution touchless tire mounting machine and the Elite road force balancer, that’s how I found my shop. If they’re willing to shell out $30K for tire machines you know they want it done right (hopefully lol).
https://www.hunter.com/tire-changers/revolution/
Old 08-09-2023, 03:32 PM   #5
6pt2Power

Drives: Camaro 2SS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Fanatic View Post
Thanks for the insights 6pt2Power.
Mind me asking which discount tire shop?
I've been using the one on 23 mile and M53 in shelby twp for the last 5-6 years now.