Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
JustKickinIt

Drives: 2022 1SS Camaro
2022 Camaro SS Non Bose, No Amp

Afternoon everyone. I just got my 2022 SS in my hands. I'm in the process of installing an amp and subs, like many of you. However most of the threads on this forum cover the Bose systems/amp, which mine does not have. I also do not have any 6x9s in the rear deck. I planned on tapping the rear panel speakers for my source into my amp but wanted to make sure the deck was sending full range output from to them. From what I have found they are as most people are wanting to put LP Blockers on those speakers. Just thought I'd double check with the smart folks on here.

Was also hoping to find an ACC switched wire for my amp in the trunks fuse box.

Thanks,
JustKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:27 PM   #2
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
If you go with this kicker setup the blue wire is the remote wire to the amp. It feeds off the power to the speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-46KISL...a-823113157572
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKickinIt View Post
Afternoon everyone. I just got my 2022 SS in my hands. I'm in the process of installing an amp and subs, like many of you. However most of the threads on this forum cover the Bose systems/amp, which mine does not have. I also do not have any 6x9s in the rear deck. I planned on tapping the rear panel speakers for my source into my amp but wanted to make sure the deck was sending full range output from to them. From what I have found they are as most people are wanting to put LP Blockers on those speakers. Just thought I'd double check with the smart folks on here.

Was also hoping to find an ACC switched wire for my amp in the trunks fuse box.

Thanks,
Use an amp with dc offset, then you won’t have to deal with switched power or remote turn on leads. On my 19ss non Bose we moved the factory amp to the driver’s side wheel well behind the liner. I wonder if Gm started doing that from the factory.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:59 PM   #4
JustKickinIt

Drives: 2022 1SS Camaro
WiggyB - That's an interesting solution. I'm assuming the Amp draw from the amp to turn on is minimum as I will be leaving the rear panel speakers hooked up as well. They have very little sound as it is.

Zr8000 - So that's interesting that you mentioned that. All the photos of the amps I have seen are down in the well next to the foam piece "holder" where you'd expect a jack and spare normally. Anyway when I pulled the side panels out of the trunk there is a black box on the driver side fender well. I wasn't quite sure what it was but definetly didn't think it was an amp. Which brings me to another question. Do the Non Bose systems still have a factory amp as well? I assumed the amp would only be on those systems.

Update: Just pulled the numbers form that unit and it's the remote entry system. Denso TN232800-5534. So I would say they have not moved it to the Driver side rear fender well.
JustKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #5
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKickinIt View Post
WiggyB - That's an interesting solution. I'm assuming the Amp draw from the amp to turn on is minimum as I will be leaving the rear panel speakers hooked up as well. They have very little sound as it is.

Zr8000 - So that's interesting that you mentioned that. All the photos of the amps I have seen are down in the well next to the foam piece "holder" where you'd expect a jack and spare normally. Anyway when I pulled the side panels out of the trunk there is a black box on the driver side fender well. I wasn't quite sure what it was but definetly didn't think it was an amp. Which brings me to another question. Do the Non Bose systems still have a factory amp as well? I assumed the amp would only be on those systems.

Update: Just pulled the numbers form that unit and it's the remote entry system. Denso TN232800-5534. So I would say they have not moved it to the Driver side rear fender well.
My 19 1ss no Bose has an amp. I know back then they had the Bose, amped non Bose, and no amped used in the LE cars. I wonder if Gm got rid of the non Bose amped system to simply things?
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote