Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
Rear Diffuser

Hey guys like a lot of you I purchased my car without the NPP exhaust. I like the idea but didn't think it was worth the extra $. Sadly I with the standard exhaust system there doesn't really seem like there are any options other than painting the factory one. I went to the dealership and measured a NPP exhaust rear diffuser and it would have been dumb looking. I found a local company that's new to the market and I'm helping them develop a diffuser for my car. I wanted to see what everyone thinks. I know it's not everyone cup of tea. It's pretty aggressive and it is still in the prototyping phase but I think it looks pretty sweet.
Attached Images

burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Will they make one for quad tip
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Nope! Too bulky! The fins need to be rounded off, they're too square. Are you in Indiana, if so where.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #4
aronSlusa

Drives: '16 2SS
I’d do it. I have the quad tip exhaust though
Always liked that look.
aronSlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #5
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What the heck is on your lug nuts?
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:31 PM   #6
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
whole FIN assemble is to bulky, looks like they just cut the bottom of a stock difusser and added that piece, maybee add some kinda mesh to break it up a bit. or carbon fiber maybe.
james duperre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:00 AM   #7
burnningice

Right now they are still prototyping. Once we agree on a shape and design, they are going to have it scanned into CAD and clean up the details and have a manufacturing company located in the USA make it. Idea is to offer it in fiberglass and Carbon Fiber if the design permits. I would prefer CF on my personal vehicle.

I'm going back and forth on the angle of the rear diffuser gates. The further they stick out, the better they work and more they look like a race car.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 AM   #8
burnningice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Nope! Too bulky! The fins need to be rounded off, they're too square. Are you in Indiana, if so where.
From Terre Haute but living in TN right now.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:17 AM   #9
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I appreciate your efforts in trying to produce something for the single tip valance. I would not try so hard to make a diffuser look. I would do something closer looking to stock. IMO, Anderson Composites looks perfect. Maybe take a que from that design. Just make it single tip available in gloss black fiberglass and carbon fiber.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #10
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnningice View Post
Hey guys like a lot of you I purchased my car without the NPP exhaust. I like the idea but didn't think it was worth the extra $. Sadly I with the standard exhaust system there doesn't really seem like there are any options other than painting the factory one. I went to the dealership and measured a NPP exhaust rear diffuser and it would have been dumb looking. I found a local company that's new to the market and I'm helping them develop a diffuser for my car. I wanted to see what everyone thinks. I know it's not everyone cup of tea. It's pretty aggressive and it is still in the prototyping phase but I think it looks pretty sweet.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like an add on piece for the stock rear valence? Or would the final production item replace the whole rear valence?

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #11
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
What the heck is on your lug nuts?
+1
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #12
burnningice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like an add on piece for the stock rear valence? Or would the final production item replace the whole rear valence?
Right now, You are correct. It is at on peace but once we finally get the design where we want, it will be one piece.

There is nothing on my lug nuts. Those are my lugnuts. They are just spiked Lug nuts
Old 10-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #13
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Just offer one in Gloss black. I know a lot of people are looking for painting options, etc. It would be nice to have an affordable gloss black option premade. I like the idea of a rear diffuser but I will have to agree, the design seems bulky. If the fins were more to the body lines, it would look cleaner. This looks like a GT car got parted out and they took the diffuser. LOVE the idea, but would need to be cleaned up and maybe toned down "racecar" wise a little for me to be interested. I drive a 4 turbo so a super aggressive race diffuser like this would not fit my car or the performance under the hood.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
doesn't look correct and doesn't fit the car,

I used difflow diffusers for my c7 corvette, very well made but was about 1,000.00

good luck
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote