Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 10-18-2017, 10:00 AM   #15
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Hadn’t thought about Buckalew, do they do a lot of Corvettes?
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:35 AM   #16
Superman1le

Drives: 17SS1LE/14 GCherokee/13 F150/08 Z06
I think Munday/Parkway(also sells lingenfelter)/ and Classic- Sugarland are the top Corvette sellers in the area. I got mine back from Munday- no complaints. I just put it in Valet mode on the PDR so I was able to monitor the driving. Only problem was I was in a rush to pick it up as I had to catch a flight so they didnt have time to hand wash it. Service adviser told me to bring it back and they would detail it for free so my plan is to do so when i get one of the2 free oil changes.
Superman1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #17
FASTNUF

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser2 View Post
Hadn’t thought about Buckalew, do they do a lot of Corvettes?
Bought a used C6 "Certified" from Buckalew back in 2014, they claimed to have replaced the air filter, cabin filter, even the oil & filter according to all of the service department check lists including the GM required ones for "Certified".

After I got it home that night, next morning I decided to check why my clutch was feeling funky from the drive home (long drive from Conroe to Katy), the clutch master cylinder was empty!! So, then I pulled the air filter, it was dirty and the original filter according to the date 2008 (car had 43,000 + miles, 2009 year model), then I pulled the cabin filter, it was filthy as well and original. I called the service manager at the time (Albert somebody if I remember correctly) to discuss what was shown to be checked off and/or changed; he stated that his records showed all of those were changed and the car "had to go" through rigorous detailed inspection and that I was wrong. So I asked him for his e-mail address so I could send the pictures (still have them), he stated that he was not interested and insisted that I was wrong! So I did the next best thing, when the surveys showed up from Chevrolet and Buckalew, I flunk them and gave them the appropriate ratings!

I knew I should have walked from the deal as from the start, their Finance Manager John Withrow was such an a-ss during the finance portion...he didn't like that I already came in pre-approved from BOA for the loan because they didn't do business with BOA and he profusely stated that he also didn't like them. He treated me so unprofessional, but because I really wanted the car, I just dealt with it. He wanted to to just join some local credit union to get the loan and then refinance it through BOA so he could get a discount in the finance rate to make some additional monies...

Sorry, two different departments failed me, so I bought my 2016 Z06 from Classic Sugar Land where I've already been treated professional and fair! Then I bought by ZL1 from Classic Grapevine because I was treated by the Sales & Finance Team very professional and fair. I realize that everybody will have their good and bad experiences with every dealer, just sharing mine with Buckalew. Here are the pictures for reference...

Name:  IMG_0961.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0964.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  239.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0973.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  112.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0978.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  127.1 KB
FASTNUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:18 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTNUF View Post
Bought a used C6 "Certified" from Buckalew back in 2014, they claimed to have replaced the air filter, cabin filter, even the oil & filter according to all of the service department check lists including the GM required ones for "Certified".

After I got it home that night, next morning I decided to check why my clutch was feeling funky from the drive home (long drive from Conroe to Katy), the clutch master cylinder was empty!! So, then I pulled the air filter, it was dirty and the original filter according to the date 2008 (car had 43,000 + miles, 2009 year model), then I pulled the cabin filter, it was filthy as well and original. I called the service manager at the time (Albert somebody if I remember correctly) to discuss what was shown to be checked off and/or changed; he stated that his records showed all of those were changed and the car "had to go" through rigorous detailed inspection and that I was wrong. So I asked him for his e-mail address so I could send the pictures (still have them), he stated that he was not interested and insisted that I was wrong! So I did the next best thing, when the surveys showed up from Chevrolet and Buckalew, I flunk them and gave them the appropriate ratings!

I knew I should have walked from the deal as from the start, their Finance Manager John Withrow was such an a-ss during the finance portion...he didn't like that I already came in pre-approved from BOA for the loan because they didn't do business with BOA and he profusely stated that he also didn't like them. He treated me so unprofessional, but because I really wanted the car, I just dealt with it. He wanted to to just join some local credit union to get the loan and then refinance it through BOA so he could get a discount in the finance rate to make some additional monies...

Sorry, two different departments failed me, so I bought my 2016 Z06 from Classic Sugar Land where I've already been treated professional and fair! Then I bought by ZL1 from Classic Grapevine because I was treated by the Sales & Finance Team very professional and fair. I realize that everybody will have their good and bad experiences with every dealer, just sharing mine with Buckalew. Here are the pictures for reference...

Attachment 903756

Attachment 903757

Attachment 903758

Attachment 903759
Well I'm going to have to agree with you after my recent service experience.

If I get a survey they will be ripped. I wrote up my suspension issues very distinctly and to the point and also included the service bulletins. Left my car for one full week and all they did was drive it one time. Duplicated one issue on the drive and not the other which is what I expected and told them in my write-up.

I get no communication until I called 5 times on day 6 even left a message on call #2. Finally called the front desk and asked if my service rep was there and she got him on the phone. I got enough info to find out they just drove it and that was it so I politely told them I was coming the next day to pick it up one way other the other. It had been long enough.

When I get there I get a complete line of BS about all the work they did and how they had it on the rack twice and checked alignment yada yada (when they told me previously that alignment check would cost me $$).

So I ask about the issue that they duplicated and find it's not fixed. This is the simple clicking noise that most ZL1s experience which requires pulling the front tires and spraying the calipers where the metal meets the wheel. 10 minute job and they had the car a week.

I basically told him he was full of crap if I was to believe the car was on a rack twice and that wasn't taken care of. I was already done with sales a long time ago there and use Classic or BeckyD for that, but replied here as I was still hanging on to service.

Tomball still isn't a bad option. I've had a bit of work done on my Tahoe and Camaros there without any issues.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #19
Crizmotek

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Greaser, I also live in Porter. Robbins Chevrolet down the freeway has been good to me. I haven't had service from them yet because my camaro is still on order, but I have been treated well so far. They are a smaller dealer and don't have a huge inventory. Once I use their service department though, I'll let you know. I keep hearing good things about Parkway chevy in Tomball. Decent drive away though.
Crizmotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #20
Ravis22

Drives: Hyper blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well I'm going to have to agree with you after my recent service experience.

If I get a survey they will be ripped. I wrote up my suspension issues very distinctly and to the point and also included the service bulletins. Left my car for one full week and all they did was drive it one time. Duplicated one issue on the drive and not the other which is what I expected and told them in my write-up.

I get no communication until I called 5 times on day 6 even left a message on call #2. Finally called the front desk and asked if my service rep was there and she got him on the phone. I got enough info to find out they just drove it and that was it so I politely told them I was coming the next day to pick it up one way other the other. It had been long enough.

When I get there I get a complete line of BS about all the work they did and how they had it on the rack twice and checked alignment yada yada (when they told me previously that alignment check would cost me $$).

So I ask about the issue that they duplicated and find it's not fixed. This is the simple clicking noise that most ZL1s experience which requires pulling the front tires and spraying the calipers where the metal meets the wheel. 10 minute job and they had the car a week.

I basically told him he was full of crap if I was to believe the car was on a rack twice and that wasn't taken care of. I was already done with sales a long time ago there and use Classic or BeckyD for that, but replied here as I was still hanging on to service.

Tomball still isn't a bad option. I've had a bit of work done on my Tahoe and Camaros there without any issues.
I know this is an old post, but hoping to get some advice. I have a 2018 zl1 and just moved to the Woodlands area. I'm almost equally in between Buckalew in Conroe, Parkway in Tomball, and Sterling McCall off of 45/1960. I have no experience with any of these shops but need to get my free oil change and looking to get my differential fluid changed.

Looking at the last post by mlee (though from 2017) seems like Buckalew should be a pass and maybe go with Parkway?? Any more recent experience? Thanks!
Ravis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:52 AM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravis22 View Post
I know this is an old post, but hoping to get some advice. I have a 2018 zl1 and just moved to the Woodlands area. I'm almost equally in between Buckalew in Conroe, Parkway in Tomball, and Sterling McCall off of 45/1960. I have no experience with any of these shops but need to get my free oil change and looking to get my differential fluid changed.

Looking at the last post by mlee (though from 2017) seems like Buckalew should be a pass and maybe go with Parkway?? Any more recent experience? Thanks!
Parkway has a new oil change and car wash center which is pretty nice. I use them for all my cars and had rear diff done there as well. They do appointments which can help sometimes.

Anytime I've gone to Buckalew for anything other than an oil change I end up leaving the car for a week or two and never get updates. Parkway does much better in that department. No experience with Sterling McCall.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:46 PM   #22
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:

Last year Buckalew overfilled my oil by 1qt on the free oil change so I'm not going back there. They quoted $180 for a Mobil1 0W-40 oil change. Sterling McCall quoted cheaper but they said you can't stand there and watch the oil change like you can at Buckalew. I have heard Parkway service is good from a buddy with a Vette.

Also first Sunday of each month there is a car show at Market Street if you're interested: https://m.facebook.com/events/2088704214579089
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:03 AM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Last year Buckalew overfilled my oil by 1qt on the free oil change so I'm not going back there. They quoted $180 for a Mobil1 0W-40 oil change. Sterling McCall quoted cheaper but they said you can't stand there and watch the oil change like you can at Buckalew. I have heard Parkway service is good from a buddy with a Vette.

Also first Sunday of each month there is a car show at Market Street if you're interested: https://m.facebook.com/events/2088704214579089
Yes one of the service guys is in the Vette club. When he calls me it comes up on my phone that way.

Parkway's Oil Change center has big windows and a waiting room where you can watch them through the whole process. They will also let you walk out and talk to the techs. They charged me $125 for a 10qt Mobil 1 0W-40 oil change but I think there was a discount in there.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #24
Ravis22

Quote:
Yes one of the service guys is in the Vette club. When he calls me it comes up on my phone that way.

Parkway's Oil Change center has big windows and a waiting room where you can watch them through the whole process. They will also let you walk out and talk to the techs. They charged me $125 for a 10qt Mobil 1 0W-40 oil change but I think there was a discount in there.
That $125 was after your free oil changes I assume? That’s seems high, but again I haven’t bought the new 0w-40 oil yet, so don’t know how much of that is purely parts vs service.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:02 AM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
That $125 was after your free oil changes I assume? That’s seems high, but again I haven’t bought the new 0w-40 oil yet, so don’t know how much of that is purely parts vs service.
Yes, my free ones are long gone. You might be in for some sticker shock on 10 qts of 0w-40.

I just hope I can get it done for $125 next time.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #26
Ravis22

Quote:

Hey mlee, do you have any contacts at Parkway? I’ve called a few times this week to confirm that they’ll use the Mobil 1 0w-40 oil on my 2018 (the official bulletin from GM stated 2019 from my understanding), but not getting any call backs. Hoping to confirm it before I schedule and show up and have them tell me it’s not covered. Thanks!
Old 09-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Hey mlee, do you have any contacts at Parkway? I’ve called a few times this week to confirm that they’ll use the Mobil 1 0w-40 oil on my 2018 (the official bulletin from GM stated 2019 from my understanding), but not getting any call backs. Hoping to confirm it before I schedule and show up and have them tell me it’s not covered. Thanks!
I don't in the Oil Change department. But I guarantee all you have to do is tell them you want it and they will use it.

https://www.parkwaychevrolet.com/ServiceApptForm

Old 09-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #28
Ravis22

Quote:
I don't in the Oil Change department. But I guarantee all you have to do is tell them you want it and they will use it.

https://www.parkwaychevrolet.com/ServiceApptForm

Cool, maybe I’ll just go ahead and schedule it. I’ve just heard stories that some dealers try to upcharge for that oil for the free oil changes so was going to confirm ahead of time. I did buy a new oil cap that shows that’s the kind of oil to use, so hoping that adds a little extra insurance that they use it.