Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2019, 02:56 PM   #15
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard
 
shibbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: West Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Preach on.. mine neither.


I'm hunting a new Colorado Z71 for little ol' me, and I'm trying to figure out which one of you employed by GM is my long lost father/uncle/mom.
If you want to come to MN I can help you out!
__________________
Custom ordered 2012 6MT RS/SS on 11/25/2011. Picked up 01/31/12.
BMR 1" lowering springs, trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified FULLY 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads. Tuned by Ronnie @ RS Motors in Burnsville.
438 WHP, 406 WTQ on a Mustang Dyno

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #16
M3ntal
 
Drives: Gen 5 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Preach on.. mine neither.


I'm hunting a new Colorado Z71 for little ol' me, and I'm trying to figure out which one of you employed by GM is my long lost father/uncle/mom.
stretch for at least a ZR2 if not ZR2 Bison
M3ntal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:53 AM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ntal View Post
stretch for at least a ZR2 if not ZR2 Bison
the more I shop, the more I'm stretching. I have a good job and will be able to put a good deposit down, so not worried about the payments. This would be my daily driver, and not sure if it will be as 'comfortable', but the other side of me says... 'these freakin roads in Indiana are like riding off road all the time and I need the suspension travel for stupid crater pot holes'.

See my dilemma...lol
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #18
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
If you want to come to MN I can help you out!
Dad.. is that you?
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #19
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,361
As a happy Colorado owner, and someone whom reads about them often, my understanding is that the ZR2 rides as good, if not better than the Z71 models on the road, but then again I have never driven one.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #20
Iron Lung Jimmy

 
Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,168
I have a ZR2.

The multimatic shocks are magic; the ride is amazingly comfortable yet rough roads and potholes present no problems whatsoever. Excellent daily driver.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #21
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I have a ZR2.

The multimatic shocks are magic; the ride is amazingly comfortable yet rough roads and potholes present no problems whatsoever. Excellent daily driver.
So very glad to hear that!!! I test drove one yesterday, a beautiful Steel Gray one. Unfortunately, it was after work and the traffic situation really didn't allow me to "test" it out like I wanted to and will be back to try again after a work trip I need to take this week. There was a section of highway close to the dealership that I was like "yeah, this road is one of the roughest in the state, been this way for years..let's see how it does on this highway at speed". I get there and they had just repaved it the week before.. They did that on purpose because they hate me....lol.

The only thing I noticed was the amount of "roll" it had in corning with a little acceleration, almost like a Trophy Truck feel to it. It was not huge, but more than I am used to in my Tacoma. The good thing, it still felt very planted to the ground.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #22
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
As a happy Colorado owner, and someone whom reads about them often, my understanding is that the ZR2 rides as good, if not better than the Z71 models on the road, but then again I have never driven one.
I understand the ride is even better with the dssv shocks.
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #23
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
So very glad to hear that!!! I test drove one yesterday, a beautiful Steel Gray one. Unfortunately, it was after work and the traffic situation really didn't allow me to "test" it out like I wanted to and will be back to try again after a work trip I need to take this week. There was a section of highway close to the dealership that I was like "yeah, this road is one of the roughest in the state, been this way for years..let's see how it does on this highway at speed". I get there and they had just repaved it the week before.. They did that on purpose because they hate me....lol.

The only thing I noticed was the amount of "roll" it had in corning with a little acceleration, almost like a Trophy Truck feel to it. It was not huge, but more than I am used to in my Tacoma. The good thing, it still felt very planted to the ground.
Keep in mind the max tow rating goes down with the ZR2 to around 5K versus 7K+. Not sure if that'll matter to you but I did notice that in my reading. Most folks aren't buying mid-size for towing capability.
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:12 PM   #24
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Keep in mind the max tow rating goes down with the ZR2 to around 5K versus 7K+. Not sure if that'll matter to you but I did notice that in my reading. Most folks aren't buying mid-size for towing capability.
Yes, thanks. I have not towed anything in 10 years and not really planning to in the near future. But yes, aware of the changes in tow rating and tongue weight. I just found a ZR2 forum last week, so trying read and gather as much information as I can.

I have someone wanting my tacoma right now, thus pushing me to get something as soon as I can.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #25
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,361
If you are looking at left over 2019 models, I'd look for one built during or after March 2019, when they started using the newest fluid in the 8 speed in the factories. If not, then ask that the dealership change the fluid before your buy (dealerships were supposed to be doing it to all of the inventory on their lot with the 8 speed).

Of course...if you buy a diesel it is no worry as that uses the 6 speed.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #26
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If you are looking at left over 2019 models, I'd look for one built during or after March 2019, when they started using the newest fluid in the 8 speed in the factories. If not, then ask that the dealership change the fluid before your buy (dealerships were supposed to be doing it to all of the inventory on their lot with the 8 speed).

Of course...if you buy a diesel it is no worry as that uses the 6 speed.
I’m wanting a 2020 with the newer head unit.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #27
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,549
I thought the 2019 got the new infotainment. I know it was upgraded from the 2018 because I had to consider if it was worth the extra cash at the time, along with proximity sensors, etc.

Minor facelift coming:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/20/...ift-spy-shots/
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #28
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I thought the 2019 got the new infotainment. I know it was upgraded from the 2018 because I had to consider if it was worth the extra cash at the time, along with proximity sensors, etc.

Minor facelift coming:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/20/...ift-spy-shots/
This is correct. Also got the 6 way instead of 4 way power seats. I don't think there was much new at all on the 2020s.

I'm waiting to see the 2021 Canyon facelift. Good chance I could wind up in one if they look good. GM says they will be revealed early 2020.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.