Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #57
EE7

Drives: New
I see them at dealerships and then are gone the next day. In my area the few that are coming in go very quickly and without any discounts.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #58
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
In general GM's advertising campaigns have been terrible. People talking about WiFi in car...infotainment systems? The stupid as hell bear commercial?

Quick...someone call Michael Bay! The Camaro needs a sales boost...get Bumblebee out there!!!
that bear commercial was funny as hell.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #59
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Yeah that's true they need some good ads during Super Bowl kinda like what dodge did with the challenger last super bowl
AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #60
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
ford had an awesome in-your-face marketing campaign too, they were making sure the word got out. and they put the car out BEFORE Christmas, so people who would have otherwise spent money on xmas gifts "rationalized" the new car purchase instead.

GM needs to do a better job marketing and getting the word out. the GEN 5's best marketing technique was featuring in a blockbuster movie. what has GM done for the gen 6? nothing, really, except win some awards from publishers that only hardcore car lovers follow, the casual buyer isn't hearing about it.

also the price is high as hell, that may be a factor lol. people can try to justify the new price all they want, claiming that you get more bang for your buck or whatever, but bottom line is that its still over priced. my 2lt rs with all the goodies was only 31-32k, the new 2lt with all the goodies is about 40k!!! that's a huge turn off to me, and im sure it will be a huge turn off for many others.
Well, on my 2LT RS V6, automatic tranny, I ordered all the options, except the NPP exhaust. It came to $39,600. This is how I wanted my car. I wanted all the bells and whistles. I KNEW what everything cost from the moment I ordered it. I did my homework. I missed out on all the goodies when I got the new 2014 impala LS. My mistake. I wasn't going to let that happen this time. AND quite frankly, everything happens for a reason. The 2014 Impala LS prepared me to order the 6th gen Camaro 2LT RS V6. This whole experience will prepare to order the SS in the future. But right now, I couldn't be more happy. I love the hyper blue. Best car I have ever owned.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #61
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Well, on my 2LT RS V6, automatic tranny, I ordered all the options, except the NPP exhaust. It came to $39,600. This is how I wanted my car. I wanted all the bells and whistles. I KNEW what everything cost from the moment I ordered it. I did my homework. I missed out on all the goodies when I got the new 2014 impala LS. My mistake. I wasn't going to let that happen this time. AND quite frankly, everything happens for a reason. The 2014 Impala LS prepared me to order the 6th gen Camaro 2LT RS V6. This whole experience will prepare to order the SS in the future. But right now, I couldn't be more happy. I love the hyper blue. Best car I have ever owned.
and I'm very happy for you! but keep in mind, unlike you, there are many who also want the exact same level of luxury but at that price, the car ends up out of reach for a lot of people. the Camaro fans might still get it, but those on the fence cross shopping with the competitors are gonna end up going with whats in their budget, and if that's a mustang or challenger, then bye bye possible 2016 Camaro owner that coulda been.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #62
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
and I'm very happy for you! but keep in mind, unlike you, there are many who also want the exact same level of luxury but at that price, the car ends up out of reach for a lot of people. the Camaro fans might still get it, but those on the fence cross shopping with the competitors are gonna end up going with whats in their budget, and if that's a mustang or challenger, then bye bye possible 2016 Camaro owner that coulda been.
This is true. BUT, do keep in mind that the turbo engine is coming out in the spring for the sixth gen. THIS, could very well be the sleeper engine and cost-wise that blows the competition away.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #63
pete1077

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Quote:
What happened to the 4th generation Camaro is always in the back of my mind. The 4th generation was leaps and bounds a better performer stock than a comparable mustang but Ford always won the sales war which is really the only battle that counts as far as a corporation is concerned. The 6th generation Camaro is priced higher than the competition and is the better performer again stock vs stock. The majority of buyers still shop based on price and right now, Ford is the better bargain.
pete1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #64
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1077 View Post
What happened to the 4th generation Camaro is always in the back of my mind. The 4th generation was leaps and bounds a better performer stock than a comparable mustang but Ford always won the sales war which is really the only battle that counts as far as a corporation is concerned. The 6th generation Camaro is priced higher than the competition and is the better performer again stock vs stock. The majority of buyers still shop based on price and right now, Ford is the better bargain.

That's the flipside of the "it's the 4th gen LS1 era all over again!" hype that people are stirring up.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #65
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
This is true. BUT, do keep in mind that the turbo engine is coming out in the spring for the sixth gen. THIS, could very well be the sleeper engine and cost-wise that blows the competition away.
Very true. The new Mustang had the 3 engine choices right at launch from the beginning, and had some good advertising to boot. The fantastic sales is mainly due to the Ecoboost addition to the Mustang family. And remember the 2015 Mustang was the first time in a decade that the car has received a complete redesign.

What's interesting is that when the Mustang went with the new 5.0 (replacing the 4.6L V8) in the previous gen., as well as other enhancements, it really did nothing for sales. Even though it was a much improved car.

The 2016 Camaro is vastly superior to the 5th gen. but has evolutionary styling. Will it be enough to increase sales thru the 2016 model year and beyond?
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #66
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Very true. The new Mustang had the 3 engine choices right at launch from the beginning, and had some good advertising to boot. The fantastic sales is mainly due to the Ecoboost addition to the Mustang family. And remember the 2015 Mustang was the first time in a decade that the car has received a complete redesign.

What's interesting is that when the Mustang went with the new 5.0 (replacing the 4.6L V8) in the previous gen., as well as other enhancements, it really did nothing for sales. Even though it was a much improved car.

The 2016 Camaro is vastly superior to the 5th gen. but has evolutionary styling. Will it be enough to increase sales thru the 2016 model year and beyond?
And don't forget all of the upcoming rental fleet orders once the 4-cylinder and convertible come out : )
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #67
Bongos2U

Regarding advertising for the 2016 Camaro...Why can't we get a commercial here in the U.S. like this one that is for the 2011 5th gen. ? ...

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-new-...-chevy-camaro/
Old 01-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #68
Bongos2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
And don't forget all of the upcoming rental fleet orders once the 4-cylinder and convertible come out : )
Yep. Similar to Ford's strategy with the V6 Mustang, which pretty much exists because of rental car duties.

I know Ford wants to push the Ecoboost Mustang, but why are they basically treating the V6 like a red-headed stepchild ?
Old 01-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #69
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Yep. Similar to Ford's strategy with the V6 Mustang, which pretty much exists because of rental car duties.

I know Ford wants to push the Ecoboost Mustang, but why are they basically treating the V6 like a red-headed stepchild ?
EPA pressure. eventually the V8 is gonna be taken out the picture too. just look at how the ford gt went from v8 to v6.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:04 PM   #70
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
EPA pressure. eventually the V8 is gonna be taken out the picture too. just look at how the ford gt went from v8 to v6.
That was for class specific rules for the series they're racing in this year.

But yes, they're also showcasing the EcoBoost series as the way forward.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote