Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 08-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quick Jack BL-7000SLX

I thought I'd do a write up on this QJ model as I unpacked it and put it together.

I'm not sure how long it took me, since I was doing other things at the same time...actually taking a break from the heat!
If I had to guess...about 1 hour.
Also to give some info for anyone thinking of purchasing a QJ.

Prior to installation, I read the manual thoroughly highlighting areas I thought was important to know.

Keep in mind this is the QJ that does NOT have the extensions...which would be designated by EXT on the model number (i.e. BL-7000EXT).
This is the Standard Length SLX, and it does fit the Camaro...well at least it fits my 2017 SS 1LE.

I know there are multiple videos on YouTube on how to install the QJ however, this is the new and improved QJ.
The Pump is different now, meaning it has a handle and does not need to be put together onto a stand.
Also, the Elbow port for the short hose now has a rubber plug, which screws out with a large blade Standard/Phillips screwdriver.

The older version you had to use a 6mm hex wrench. It's easier now using a screwdriver.
I like the fact QJ included an air valve removal tool, although I didn't use it, I just pressed the valve to let any air/oil out before filling with 50psi.
However, it would be beneficial to view the videos on YouTube, as not much has changed and the install is basically the same.

I must say, there's enough working clearance under the car at the top height for me to use a creeper and roll around.
I'm medium built 6' @ 200lbs and see no problem doing things like an exhaust job, diff, tranny, motor fluid change.
Great to work on brakes and suspension too!

For additional info, (hopefully you can read it) I've added the list of different models and their capacities, this is in the manual, and a pic of FAQ on the QJ.

I used the shorter blocks, the taller ones would not fit, since the car sits too low.
You could drive the car up on some 2x6 boards and get the clearance you need to use the taller blocks, and get more working clearance.
You can even double up the short and tall blocks if need be however, that may be more difficult to do due to the low stance of the car.
The height difference between the first stage and the second stage is about 3".

The QJ stores on the side of the garage out of the way, it weighs about 60lbs, but not difficult to move into place being it has wheels on one end and using the included handles.

I am totally satisfied with this QJ-7000SLX, it's much better than working under jack stands, although I still use the jack stands as a safety measure, as it is mentioned in the manual too.
I only wish there was a quick disconnect on the elbow, or a much shorter short hose, which would make stacking them much easier.
You need to be careful NOT to crush the short hose when stacking the jacks.

Until I get a taller garage for a 2 post, or get too old (in my 60's now) this will do.
You can do just about everything you could on a 4 post and more, since you are able to remove the wheels.
Granted, you'll be on your back though!

Sorry that all the pics are together, but I don't know how to separate them and place the captions between them...but I think you get the picture!
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
cnc237

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Thanks for the write up. I have been looking at these. Still torn between the ext's and this
Old 08-19-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Thanks for that write-up. I recently got the 7000-ext model, but haven’t set it up yet. Does your car have lift points (zl1 add-ons or similar)?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Thanks for that write-up. I recently got the 7000-ext model, but haven’t set it up yet. Does your car have lift points (zl1 add-ons or similar)?
Thanks for your appreciation!

Yes, I have those red zl1 add on for the pinch weld, where it is secured by a SS set screw.
I was hesitant about those pinch weld blocks thinking they would come loose however, I've had them on since I got the car which was in March of this year. I never had to tighten them either.

The jack lines right up with them, with room to move as well.
I believe my jack points measured 53" apart, and the SLX has a max of 66".

The set up is not that bad and pretty straight forward.
I would say for the elbow fitting I positioned it at almost 3:00, so the hose can go under the jack. Do not let the short hose go over the jack, that would be bad.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc237 View Post
Thanks for the write up. I have been looking at these. Still torn between the ext's and this
Thanks for your appreciation!

I believe the EXT would still fit the jack points on the car, as long as it doesn't hit your tires...I don't think it's that long though.
The EXT would be good and more versatile for longer vehicles, like a truck or van.
Apparently, these jacks can go parallel with your car, meaning it can go from the passenger side to the driver side.
Of course having it this way would limit your work space under the car from front to back.
Watch for ads on Costco, from what I heard from others, should you have to return it QJ for whatever reason, it would be much faster and painless taking it back to Costco then shipping it back to some other store or manufacturer.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
OP I was looking at what model you purchased but ended up with the 5000ext instead. I kind of wish I would've spent the extra money but it is what it is. As like you, I sure am impressed with mine.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #7
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I got the exact same BL-7000SLX from Home Depot for 1205.10 shipped to my house, I bought an extra set of those jack pads off of Amazon for 58.99 so now I have 3 on each side, the SLX lines up with perfectly with added on jack pads, I use the 3 inch blocks, at first they would go into the trays in the back but I had to pull the front out then put the blocks into the back front tray then slide the lift back under the front but all in all I am very happy that I pulled trigger on this lift, there were so many options out there but this lift will allow me to change my oil, pull all four wheels off at once and even help when I put the DA polisher to it, I do wish that there was a way to add pics without all the hassle of going through all the BS because I did up a photo of my 17 SS and added the locations of the jack pads, I did have a leak on one of the short hose fittings that connects to the longline but I retaped it new Teflon tape.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:43 PM   #8
OVRKLL

I got a Costco flyer in the mail today, and they have the 5000SLX on sale for a $100.00 off. You'll need to order online though, which is what I did.
For those looking to get one, check out Costco online and see if you can get one delivered to you in your area.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Jimbeau11

Drives: '18 Black SS 1LE; '01 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
OP I was looking at what model you purchased but ended up with the 5000ext instead. I kind of wish I would've spent the extra money but it is what it is. As like you, I sure am impressed with mine.
I was curious why you wish you had purchased the 7000 and why the OP chose the 7000 over the 5000?
Jimbeau11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:23 PM   #10
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbeau11 View Post
I was curious why you wish you had purchased the 7000 and why the OP chose the 7000 over the 5000?
I originally purchased a 5000SLX, as that is what Costco was advertising. However, I think Costco didn't expect such a great demand, and on the third day I got an email saying it was "out of stock" and on back order. I would have to wait another 2 weeks.
Keep in mind I ordered from Costco online the day the ad came out.

So I'm thinking they decided to send the 7000SLX instead to meet customer demands...I got it a week later and not 2 weeks later.

But I'm not complaining!
Old 08-29-2019, 11:47 AM   #11
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
I agree. I bought mine less than a year ago. Mine is the EXT7000 model though, while I'm not familiar with this pump. I'm assuming its identical, but more compact. my only complaint is the fact they do weigh a lot and takes a bit to get set up properly. especially how tight tolerance our cars are with pinch welds. Now, setting up on my Yukon XL Denali? no problem.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote