Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Was going down to a friends house over by E. Lindsay and as I am approaching the neighborhood my car got tugged hard to the left: wheels were completely straight. I look up and realize a spiral coming down not 2-3 blocks away. I flip a s*** as I see cars go screaming by, drop gear, and take off south to highway 9.

As I reach highway 9, another tornado touches down not 300 meters on my right, as I am heading West. Pulled me off the road pretty hard almost pulled me into a ditch. Dropped the ebrake and pressed on my brakes with all the force I could. Car didn't budge. Then came an outward "explosion" of just all types of crap! Signs, dirt, grass, dust, poles! A taurus 2 cars infront of me got smacked by one breaking his back right window and passenger door. He was okay and was laughing about it after. Anyway when I saw the wind die down I took off again and got onto 12th where it was tornado-less! As I look around all I see are flipped cars, traffic jams, sirens, poles everywhere, signs everywhere. Except for a lot of dirt and grass nothing hit my car (thank god!) although my front axle seems to be responding weird (going to check it out later) but I was scared sh**less! Never had one spiral right on me before. I was lucky, there were quite afew cars overturned and others blown into ditches. Couple boats from a nearby place were flipped. Finally got to friends house to find him sitting on his porch with a beer open watching the clouds!
I'm glad you are all right. A question: Did you not know that your area was going to have a tornado outbreak? I've been following this outbreak online on tornadovideos.net and on News9.com and I'm in Ohio! I knew this outbreak was going to happen for 3 days ago! Then again, I LOVE tornadoes.

People, please check the weather before heading out. It may save your life.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #16
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
I'm glad you are all right. A question: Did you not know that your area was going to have a tornado outbreak? I've been following this outbreak online on tornadovideos.net and on News9.com and I'm in Ohio! I knew this outbreak was going to happen for 3 days ago! Then again, I LOVE tornadoes.

People, please check the weather before heading out. It may save your life.
Well it formed very very fast and I didn't see it. I knew hail was coming but had no idea Norman was under Tornado alert. When the sirens went off all was clear, 2 mins later down the road all hell broke loose!
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #17
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Glad you are OK. As much as you don't want to hear it, the sheet metal can be replaced, but you can't be replaced
Attached Images

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Glad you are OK. As much as you don't want to hear it, the sheet metal can be replaced, but you can't be replaced
but we are one!!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Sounds like you got an impromptu audition for 2012 movie sequel.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #20
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Well it formed very very fast and I didn't see it. I knew hail was coming but had no idea Norman was under Tornado alert. When the sirens went off all was clear, 2 mins later down the road all hell broke loose!
Geez, you are so lucky! I hope you didn't think I was being overly critical. I know a lot of people don't pay much attention to the weather and just go about their day. It's even more prevalant in Tornado Ally where people hear tornado sirens so often, they tune them out. I just hate to see people lose their property, animals and lives because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just be careful. As you know, you live in one the of worst places when it comes to tornadoes.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #21
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Scary stuff man.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #22
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Geez, you are so lucky! I hope you didn't think I was being overly critical. I know a lot of people don't pay much attention to the weather and just go about their day. It's even more prevalant in Tornado Ally where people hear tornado sirens so often, they tune them out. I just hate to see people lose their property, animals and lives because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just be careful. As you know, you live in one the of worst places when it comes to tornadoes.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #23
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
dude! glad y'all're alright!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #24
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
And people say they would not live in California because of earthquakes. I just don't get it.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #25
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
And people say they would not live in California because of earthquakes. I just don't get it.
Well, when a tornado hits, you can seek shelter in the ground. When the ground opens up beneath you....where do you take shelter? Cars don't fly.

(Though this is off-topic, I would suggest the earthquakes are only "1" reason why folks don't want to live in California.)
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #26
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
For some perspective...this is what I mean when I said I drove through a hail storm. But once its all said and done, yea, I cried for my car, but really, I'm just glad everyone around me is safe and glad you were able to make it through that crap ARME
Attached Images

tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #27
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
heard about the tornados on the news today.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #28
Patfan1987
CGM is the Best! Thx GM

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro, Auto + Sunroof
I was actually watching a link from my cbs affiliates website, they had a chopper and a car that were watching for tornados, and the chopper caught one live while i was watching. Poor mobil home park was destroyed :(

Proud Owner of a CGM 2 LT/RS Auto Transmission w/Sunroof and Spare Tire
Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote