Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #99
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Horrible smelling, but works incredible. Best stuff out there.
Iron x- just as good as sonax, now has a lemon scent de-iron product.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #100
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atra View Post
I did nanoskin autoscrub kit then bf crystal today...Resisting the urge to taste the blackfire was real...that stuff smells amazing. Got duragloss rinseless for the future. Also Glen I followed your recommendation for the wheel cleaner/ silica seal. Holy crap what an easy amazing process. The results are amazing..that sonax stuff should be called sonASS because it smells seriously awful XD
Lol...CS does smell amazing! I love applying it in my garage, then the smell stays in there as long as I don't open the garage door. Good stuff though, and really pops when you start using the duragloss!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #101
i007spectre

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2008 HHR ECTO-2H
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Going to try rinseless. Need advise on good products to use.

I have already decided to use.
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-NR2010...dp/B00D8DR0AO/

But not sure what the best towels were to use for washing and drying.

These look promising for washing
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-...dp/B00BTGSID0/

And for drying was thinking either
this
http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-...dp/B00BQYCIVI/
or this
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-X2000...dp/B0009IQZFM/
Got all my goodies in yesterday, now just need a good time to try it.
The Optimum smells delicious!
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #102
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Got all my goodies in yesterday, now just need a good time to try it.
The Optimum smells delicious!
I have the Mequiars towel, works awesome and it is very big. I actually fold mine when drying, but it soaks up the water real quick. Washes well is a washing machine.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #103
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I have used some sprays,but flooding the paint withwater is still the best I think.The crap that is on your car birds bugs sap needs to be floated away with soap and water if it is that dirty Imo.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #104
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyD View Post
I have used some sprays,but flooding the paint withwater is still the best I think.The crap that is on your car birds bugs sap needs to be floated away with soap and water if it is that dirty Imo.
If your car is real dirty, either hose off with some water first before a rinseless or take it to a touchless wash to give it a quick clean...trust me I have washed my dirty SRX a few times taking it to a touchless first and then doing a rinseless that takes about 20 - 30 mins, works awesome, no scratches as long as you use high quality MF towels with a pretty high GSM. It really has changed how I wash and take care of my vehicles and Glen's method of the 5 or 6 MF towels in a bucket of rinseless is really an awesome method!

Old 02-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #105
Glen e

one more time: RINSELESS IS FOR MAINTENANCE WASHES...not when your car is really dirty. This is not another quick spray product - it is a procedure. A flooded microfiber has just as much water as a hose. Perhaps more....
Old 02-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #106
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Cmon Amazon same day shipping. I'll be trying this out as soon as it gets here.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #107
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
After reading quite a bit, friend washing his car with rinseless in a parking lot in 5 minutes and Glen being a fantastic guy with being extremely patient with my idiocracy and being a total trooper helping me out and answer all the stupid questions I had, I finally got all the rinseless stuff he suggested and gave it a go just 20 minutes ago.

I gotta say, EXTREMELY surprised and pleased with the results. My car was dirty for my standards and I did pre-soak the car per Glen's instructions. It worked wonders. Now, I did not follow the procedures perfectly as I am a noob and am learning, ei: Missed the aqua wax stage), and the results are still amazing. Car was sitting in the garage, didn't move or anything. Got my stuff done in 15 minutes with talking to Glen and Kracka during.

Such a simple process and once you realize that all things Glen suggest are done in 1 go, they all come together and the results are fantastic. You wash your car and wax your car pretty much at the same time and add layers of protections which will make it MUCH easier to clean the next go around!

I truly am happy with the process and can't wait to actually do it correctly next time lol. Glen did come up with a new plan for me which is to wash the car traditionally with Dawn so we can actually start building a legit base for rinseless in the future.

The only thing that I can see negative that people might see is the $ investment you gotta do at first. Buying a couple things instead of just 1 washing mitt with a car soap and bucket (traditional) but I gotta say, it is all damn worth it!!!

Thanks a mill again for all your help with this particular stuff Glen, it is much appreciated!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #108
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Yeah, Glen's causing me to spend a lot of money lately. But it's so awesome to take a 5gal bucket of warm water out to the car and wash on a 35F day. And like you, I couldn't believe it worked as well as it did. The whole time I'm doing the first wash I'm like "please dont scratch please dont scratch please dont scratch". But it's great.

When the weather warms up, it's dawn time and then the whole process leading up to the blackfire sealant. I can't wait.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #109
Glen e

The only time you can scratch is using one or two towels for the whole car. Don't fold them over, you need the whole flooded side per my picture in the docs… That's why it takes 5 to 7 per car.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #110
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
Yeah, Glen's causing me to spend a lot of money lately. But it's so awesome to take a 5gal bucket of warm water out to the car and wash on a 35F day. And like you, I couldn't believe it worked as well as it did. The whole time I'm doing the first wash I'm like "please dont scratch please dont scratch please dont scratch". But it's great.

When the weather warms up, it's dawn time and then the whole process leading up to the blackfire sealant. I can't wait.
Exactly what I am thinking lol. I don't really have the perfect time and weather is weird here... One day it's 70 which somehow I am really busy then the next day when I got nothing to do it's 30F...

The scratching part, Glen is right. I made sure to never go over the same spot with a side of the towel I used before lol. I got no scratches or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
The only time you can scratch is using one or two towels for the whole car. Don't fold them over, you need the whole flooded side per my picture in the docs… That's why it takes 5 to 7 per car.
You and youtube vids from Adam's actually made me comfortable on not worrying about scratching my paint lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #111
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
After reading quite a bit, friend washing his car with rinseless in a parking lot in 5 minutes and Glen being a fantastic guy with being extremely patient with my idiocracy and being a total trooper helping me out and answer all the stupid questions I had, I finally got all the rinseless stuff he suggested and gave it a go just 20 minutes ago.

I gotta say, EXTREMELY surprised and pleased with the results. My car was dirty for my standards and I did pre-soak the car per Glen's instructions. It worked wonders. Now, I did not follow the procedures perfectly as I am a noob and am learning, ei: Missed the aqua wax stage), and the results are still amazing. Car was sitting in the garage, didn't move or anything. Got my stuff done in 15 minutes with talking to Glen and Kracka during.

Such a simple process and once you realize that all things Glen suggest are done in 1 go, they all come together and the results are fantastic. You wash your car and wax your car pretty much at the same time and add layers of protections which will make it MUCH easier to clean the next go around!

I truly am happy with the process and can't wait to actually do it correctly next time lol. Glen did come up with a new plan for me which is to wash the car traditionally with Dawn so we can actually start building a legit base for rinseless in the future.

The only thing that I can see negative that people might see is the $ investment you gotta do at first. Buying a couple things instead of just 1 washing mitt with a car soap and bucket (traditional) but I gotta say, it is all damn worth it!!!

Thanks a mill again for all your help with this particular stuff Glen, it is much appreciated!
Yeah it is awesome stuff, Glen's methods are great if you follow them correctly!

Old 03-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #112
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Couple things I noticed when trying this out for the first time this morning.

1. 2 gallons is way too much water. Next time I'm using 1 gallon and half an oz of the rinseless concentrate. Maybe even half a gallon and quarter oz.

2. I took way longer than 15 min. Probably closer to 45

3. It wasn't hot so I ended up using 2 drying towels

4. I hate california dusty air. Short drive to work and the entire thing is covered in dust. Stupid static cling. I'm really glad i dont have a jet black car.

I didn't strip the existing wax off so I just rinseless washed it and left it at that...since I needed to get to work. Looked good before the drive though.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote