Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2019, 04:55 AM   #1
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Interior LED Light Strips Quit

Anyone else have an issue where the color changing interior LED light strips quit working? I checked lighting settings. They were set as i left them. I even tried changing LED color , setting to off then back on and also changing back to linked to driving mode. They still do not function. Any idea what the problem could be?
Old 08-16-2019, 05:05 AM   #2
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Anyone else have an issue ... Any idea what the problem could be?

Fuse F27 is "RGB Lights". Check that.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:12 AM   #3
tecboy

I will check that later today when i get a chance...
Old 08-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #4
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Just asking but, did you do anything else to the car prior to this happening? Added any electronics? But yeah, check the fuse first. Hopefully its just that.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:51 AM   #5
tecboy

Nothing has been changed electronic wise for a while. I have a complete sound system with amps installed..but that been in the car over 2 years...Definitely no changes since i last noticed light strips were working...funny thing is....i have no idea when they actually quit in the past couple of weeks...i dont drive car often and most is during the day...the light strips are one of those things that you really dont pay attention to ..i just noticed this morning as i came in to work early and it was dark out..

Hope its the fuse....but then one has to wonder why the fuse randomly blew if there isnt another problem. I would assume that there is some sort of body module that controls those...
Old 08-16-2019, 06:18 AM   #6
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
I wouldn't necessarily rule out the sound system but if it is the fuse there is definitely something not normal going on to cause it to blow. Again, I really hope that its just a blown fuse and that's the end of it.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #7
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
There is a dimmer knob for the interior lights to the left of the steering wheel. If it gets turned down too much the colored lighting will go away. Sometimes if you turn it down and then back up, they wont come on, untill you re cycle the car. Hope this helps
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
I'm in the process of swapping out 1 SS panels for 2 SS that light up. Pretty easy ..I removed the the two RGB cards on both ends of the light pipe.and swapped them with 194 led bulbs that have a RGB remote. I tapped in the 12v power supplying light to the inner door handles.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange devil View Post
I'm in the process of swapping out 1 SS panels for 2 SS that light up. Pretty easy ..I removed the the two RGB cards on both ends of the light pipe.and swapped them with 194 led bulbs that have a RGB remote. I tapped in the 12v power supplying light to the inner door handles.
This sounds like a project worthy of a write-up with pictures!
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #10
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
This sounds like a project worthy of a write-up with pictures!
For sure..just started the project last night ..I got the 2ss panels for $240 ..they are immaculate...this is definitely going to be a less expensive cheap alternative for multicolor ambient lighting in the door panels.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #11
tecboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
There is a dimmer knob for the interior lights to the left of the steering wheel. If it gets turned down too much the colored lighting will go away. Sometimes if you turn it down and then back up, they wont come on, untill you re cycle the car. Hope this helps

checked this...knob was all the way clockwise....turned it down and up...no change

i checked fuse F27...that is good....in fact...i checked every fuse with a multimeter in the rear fuse box...all were good....

any idea what module controls the lights?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
tecboy

Well...i took the side trim piece off to right of glove compartment ... i read that people that added spectrum to their 1ss the control module was behind glove compartment and someone had an issue where there was a plug loose. I found a plug that wasnt connected to anything..i do not think it ever was connected as if i recall it was not plugged in when i dropped the radio module back in May to install the Nav-TV Most50 wiring harness to the radio module. Its so hard to look up behind the glove box to even see if anything is loose. I do not see any way to have the glove box fold down and out of the way...i cant really maneuver myself in the foot well to have a clear view of up behind the glove box... I added pic here of the plug... Knowing what module powers the factory spectrum lighting in the 2ss and where it is at would be helpful to diagnose...
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #13
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Well...i took the side trim piece off to right of glove compartment ... i read that people that added spectrum to their 1ss the control module was behind glove compartment and someone had an issue where there was a plug loose. I found a plug that wasnt connected to anything..i do not think it ever was connected as if i recall it was not plugged in when i dropped the radio module back in May to install the Nav-TV Most50 wiring harness to the radio module. Its so hard to look up behind the glove box to even see if anything is loose. I do not see any way to have the glove box fold down and out of the way...i cant really maneuver myself in the foot well to have a clear view of up behind the glove box... I added pic here of the plug... Knowing what module powers the factory spectrum lighting in the 2ss and where it is at would be helpful to diagnose...
I'm afraid you'll need to drop the infamous panel underneath the glove box first. It is held in place by 4 bolts, the front ones are easy-peasy but two rear ones are a b*tch to unscrew and much worse to reinstall. However, once that panel is down, you can remove the glove box and the lighting module will be easy to pry out. Hope this helps.

(The reason I know all this is that I added the GM footwell lighting accessory package.)
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #14
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
You get get the control module out without removing any trim. You just have to drop the glovebox all the way to the floor (which is a PITA) then reach through the square hole on the right side and the control module is right there. I've removed mine a bunch of times as I'm making a replacement so I can have more control of the lighting.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote