Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-04-2021, 12:56 PM   #183
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Would probably see more produced if Recall Newsome would open up that state and/or done a better job of balancing safety with the economy. I still don't understand why any company would choose to produce products in Commiefornia. I'll probably end up selling my ZL1 before I get my hands on an undamaged wing at this rate.

99% of carbon fiber parts arent made in california let alone in the usa btw
Old 03-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #184
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
99% of carbon fiber parts arent made in california let alone in the usa btw
hey hey, don't ruin his commiefornia speech
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:37 PM   #185
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
I DM'd Anderson earlier today asking about my nov 9th order. They were quick to respond but not what I was wanting to hear. They said they are HOPING to START November orders in May. :( that's alittle later than when I was told end of March to early April.

I just dm'd next-gen about their spoiler. Asked for a few more picks and see what the wait time is. If its less than a month I may cancel my order with Anderson. I didnt mind waiting the 3 months i was told... But im almost a 5 months and told it will be another 2.

Last edited by AZIROC; 03-25-2021 at 05:38 PM.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #186
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
So, I still have the 2nd wing that AC sent me. One thing I want to note is the wing has a few questionable cracks. I left it in the basement because I was waiting for a new one, however, they’ve decided to cancel the order since they can’t figure out what’s going on. I already ordered a wing from Next Gen Speed, but I was curious to see how the car would look with AC’s wing. After sitting for over a month I’ve noticed more cracks in the resin that weren’t there the day I received it. I believe there might be an issue with the resin they use. The fitment was terrible. I had to stretch the one leg in order for the bolts to line up with the holes. During the process it chipped some of the paint around the holes due to the crooked alignment. One of the the bolts broke loose and started to spin with the nut. The middle stanchion doesn’t sit flush with the trunk lid. I know this wing was defective due to shipping, however, the other issues are manufacturer defects. I don’t even know if they would have honored a refund, especially after waiting 2 months to install it. Anyways, I thought I would let you guys know my experience. Make sure you check the fitment on your wings. It does look very good on the car
Attached Images

SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:02 PM   #187
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Just my opinion, but I think the cold weather has something to do with the cracking resin! It shouldn't if it is done correctly.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #188
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Mine cracked too.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:29 PM   #189
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Well all I know is if my spoiler comes in cracked I'm not going to wait for a new one.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:25 PM   #190
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Well all I know is if my spoiler comes in cracked I'm not going to wait for a new one.

Kinda were im at. I've waited this long so I'll give it a shot.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #191
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Just my opinion, but I think the cold weather has something to do with the cracking resin! It shouldn't if it is done correctly.
I think you are right. A small crack showed up near the center of the wing. It’s unlikely that it was damaged in this area during shipping. I’m glad I received my refund
Old 03-27-2021, 06:20 AM   #192
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
What's the wait time for a Next Gen wing right now?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:08 AM   #193
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
So, I still have the 2nd wing that AC sent me. One thing I want to note is the wing has a few questionable cracks. I left it in the basement because I was waiting for a new one, however, they’ve decided to cancel the order since they can’t figure out what’s going on. I already ordered a wing from Next Gen Speed, but I was curious to see how the car would look with AC’s wing. After sitting for over a month I’ve noticed more cracks in the resin that weren’t there the day I received it. I believe there might be an issue with the resin they use. The fitment was terrible. I had to stretch the one leg in order for the bolts to line up with the holes. During the process it chipped some of the paint around the holes due to the crooked alignment. One of the the bolts broke loose and started to spin with the nut. The middle stanchion doesn’t sit flush with the trunk lid. I know this wing was defective due to shipping, however, the other issues are manufacturer defects. I don’t even know if they would have honored a refund, especially after waiting 2 months to install it. Anyways, I thought I would let you guys know my experience. Make sure you check the fitment on your wings. It does look very good on the car
Hey man on your car what dive planes do you have or did you pull the front bumper and install the GM ones?
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #194
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
What's the wait time for a Next Gen wing right now?
When they first started selling them, which was last month. He told me 3-4 weeks. When they changed to 5-6 weeks and then "I don't know when I am getting them", I cancelled my order. The website indicates the batch that is currently "in production" is due on or before 1 Apr. This is the same batch, he told me would be shipped on 20 Mar.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #195
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
Hey man on your car what dive planes do you have or did you pull the front bumper and install the GM ones?
I have the oem dive planes, which required a full bumper removal. They were around $56 each?? It’s tough to beat oem quality, especially at that price.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #196
SSallday

My Next Gen wing is shipping out today. I’ll keep you guys updated.