Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
vhawk

Drives: 2012SS
AGP Turbo oil scavenge pump question.

I see people say the oil would get into the exhaust if there were problems with oil scavenging.

Could oil get into intake instead if the pump was failing or there were some problems with the drain lines?
Old 03-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Not that I can think of. Most likely is blow-by. Do you have catch can or some sort of crankcase ventilation setup?
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #3
vhawk

Drives: 2012SS
I had PCV system mounted incorrectly so that there was pressure in the crankcase under boost.

A lot of oil was coming out of the blow-off valve.

Now it vents into atmosphere via AGP catch can.

And I want to find out if the the only reason for oil under car was blowby or any other install related things could add to this.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhawk View Post
I see people say the oil would get into the exhaust if there were problems with oil scavenging.

Could oil get into intake instead if the pump was failing or there were some problems with the drain lines?

absolutely. you will see oil in the cold side even when the scavenge pump is working correctly.
2015 Camaro SS, LS3 Stroker, PRC heads,CUSTOM CAM. AGP 68/68 with custom Hot and Cold side. Fore triple pumps, Holley terminator X. BMR drag suspension with carlyle brake kit. 15" ET drags and 17" skinnies. ZL1 3.73 gears , aluminum driveshaft. TH400 with circle D converter.
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #5
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhawk View Post
I had PCV system mounted incorrectly so that there was pressure in the crankcase under boost.

A lot of oil was coming out of the blow-off valve.

Now it vents into atmosphere via AGP catch can.

And I want to find out if the the only reason for oil under car was blowby or any other install related things could add to this.
It might take a while to clean all that mess out from when it was hooked up wrong. Clean out as much as you can.

BUT to answer your original question- Yes, oil can leak into the compressor side of a turbo if the turbo is filling up with oil and pressurizing, it will squeeze out both sides. And once solved, that will also take a while to clean it all out.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote