Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #85
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
damn I need a beer after reading these last few..

Sub_ECTS_ret I'd skip on getting a power adder until you understand tuning, fuels, fuels systems and how the all play together.
I understand how they play together. What I may have misunderstood or may have gotten bent on is that I felt he was just trying to sell a procharger and meth.

I understand how everything else works. To be honest his last post about the kitchen sink made it very clear what he was trying to say.

I should apologize but I'm still too pissed. I still think he's too cocky. He needs to eat a humble pie.

You know sometime things don't come across best in text.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #86
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
I guess I am in the 'throw everything at it' crowd.

Seems never ending trying to dial this all in. I am sure changing tuners doesn't help, but ultimately it will be safer.

I say it all the time... "im mindblown it hasnt blown up yet" and then I want to add 1 more lb....
"I'm in the throw it all at it" crowd too..

I haven't even started my build but have already put in the ZL1 intake pump and have the LT4 injectors and pump ready to go in.... and I'll top it off wit ha direct port meth set up..
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #87
GirlyNFG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 w/ NPP
Quote:
Sub_ECTS_ret I'd skip on getting a power adder all together.
fixed it for you
28"x10.5" MT ET Drag 28"x4.5" M&H fronts
PB: 9.569 @ 151.05
GirlyNFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #88
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
fixed it for you
That's just wrong woman!
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 02-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #89
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Do they have meth tanks that can be installed in trunks for Camaro's?
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #90
Perdieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
I understand how they play together. What I may have misunderstood or may have gotten bent on is that I felt he was just trying to sell a procharger and meth.

I understand how everything else works. To be honest his last post about the kitchen sink made it very clear what he was trying to say.

I should apologize but I'm still too pissed. I still think he's too cocky. He needs to eat a humble pie.

You know sometime things don't come across best in text.

As someone that's know Erik for years he far from cocky. He just states facts from years of tuning SEVERAL high HP cars for company "XYZ"

As for selling you a blower he could careless about that he don't make crap off the sales side.

He's deal with meth is he's used it and knows it works for the DI programs. Research some of the upper echelon builders / tuners and you'll see they use meth too. Hell all the LT4 Vett record holders all are running meth set ups
Old 02-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #91
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
As someone that's know Erik for years he far from cocky. He just states facts from years of tuning SEVERAL high HP cars for company "XYZ"

As for selling you a blower he could careless about that he don't make crap off the sales side.

He's deal with meth is he's used it and knows it works for the DI programs. Research some of the upper echelon builders / tuners and you'll see they use meth too. Hell all the LT4 Vett record holders all are running meth set ups
I understand now. I'm good and done, I'm cooked. I have no intention on using meth. I'm out of the conversation. Jessica just stabbed me. I'm gonna bleed my way out of the thread.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #92
Perdieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Do they have meth tanks that can be installed in trunks for Camaro's?

Yes, most of them have a "one size fits all"

Myself I'm having a custom tank built to fit and give me the look I'm wanting.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #93
Perdieu

Quote:
I understand now. I'm good and done, I'm cooked. I have no intention on using meth. I'm out of the conversation. Jessica just stabbed me. I'm gonna bleed my way out of the thread.
You don't have the use meth just understand you'll be maxed out 575 to 650 ish

I'll be the ass and say with your lack of knowledge I'd skip doing a FI car for now, after reading several of your post you seem very timid. Building a FI car you can't be plus you have to jump in knowing there with be "things" that will need looked at or tweaked from time to time.

OR your best bet would be the save up and just get a ZL1 and drive the hell out of it and not worry about mod's
Old 02-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #94
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
You don't have the use meth just understand you'll be maxed out 575 to 650 ish

I'll be the ass and say with your lack of knowledge I'd skip doing a FI car for now, after reading several of your post you seem very timid. Building a FI car you can't be plus you have to jump in knowing there with be "things" that will need looked at or tweaked from time to time.

OR your best bet would be the save up and just get a ZL1 and drive the hell out of it and not worry about mod's

You're not being an ass. Truly you don't know what it is I was doing. I'm not building anything. I was learning about everything. I can be completely honest, I filled in a lot of knowledge holes with these d/I motors. I'm not young and foolish anymore. I like to summer cruise and enjoy my car. Does the ZL1 sound like fun? , hell yeah but so does a Vette. Most of you guys in the forced induction section race but not all of us. I'm a car enthusiast but that doesn't mean we all have to like or know the same stuff, right.

I get where you're coming.

Here's what you need to know about me, I spent 20 years in the Navy, 18 of them deployed. This Camaro is the first brand new car I've ever owned. I've owned 3 Firebirds and 2 Trans Ams. When I buy something, I research for months and after I buy it I usually want to take it back because I never spend money on myself. My family has always come first.

So, when I buy my power adder, I will know what I want and I will get it. Right now I'm still saving and researching.

One final thing - the Navy taught me don't be afraid to ask questions. You'll never learn if you don't. My questions have always been asked to be thought provoking and for the benefit of those who are afraid to ask. I usually know most of the answers to the questions I ask.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sub_ETCS_ret; 02-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #95
Perdieu

Quote:
So, when I buy my power adder, I will know what I want and I will get it. Right now I'm still saving and researching.

Thanks you for your service Sir!

As for the above trust me, you'll pick a PA then in a few weeks, months you'll get tired of it and want more. Or a different combo altogether.

Sometimes you can over research things and start questing every little thing to the point is all becomes cloudy.

If you want a "driver" stop at 600 HP, you'll have way less troubles to deal with
Old 02-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #96
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Sometimes you can over research things and start questing every little thing to the point is all becomes cloudy.
And you and my wife sir, should have a beer!

Old 02-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #97
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
If you want a "driver" stop at 600 HP, you'll have way less troubles to deal with
That's what I want right there. 600HP with some whine & less troubles... Or no troubles but with my driver mod I'm sure I'll create some trouble.
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #98
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
That's what I want right there. 600HP with some whine & less troubles... Or no troubles but with my driver mod I'm sure I'll create some trouble.
Me too brother, me too.