#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #29
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_fan View Post
I originally misunderstood the functionality of FCA.

After a few conversations with folks who have this feature, this is how I understand FCA works: it has a forward facing camera (perhaps the same camera for PDR), you select 1 of 3 predefined distances to monitor, when traveling FCA will monitor the area within the distance you selected, if you approach or close in on an object at a rate the computer determines is unsafe, a visual and/or audio warning goes off. FCA will NOT apply the brakes or attempt to stop the vehicle in any way. That's up the the driver

Based on this information, FCA is not what I originally thought and hoping it was, therefore I will get the PDR when placing my 2020 ZL1 order. Personally I feel I'll get more use/enjoyment out of PDR.

Thanks again.
I can't say about the FCA in the ZL1 and have not read up about it, but the one in my Tacoma PRO beeps loud and says stop on the screen. When you are using cruise control, it will stop the truck on the freeway doing 75 mph down to 20mph and then let go so you can finish stopping.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #30
TacticalToolbox

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
I completely disabled mine by putting Vinyl Wrap over the camera. I since replaced the small piece with a solid window banner. No errors, warnings, or CELs and now I don't have to remember to disable it every time I drive.
TacticalToolbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:55 PM   #31
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
As others said, personal choice. However, if you go to sell it later, there is a whole group of buyers who would not buy your car without PDR. I do autoX and the information is incredibly useful. Track or autocross users will look for this feature. Still, to be fair, that is probably a relatively small group.
Attached Images

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #32
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
As others said, personal choice. However, if you go to sell it later, there is a whole group of buyers who would not buy your car without PDR. I do autoX and the information is incredibly useful. Track or autocross users will look for this feature. Still, to be fair, that is probably a relatively small group.
I would agree. I have a ZL1 Vert and will not track it, but I find FCA annoying and invasive on my DD and always found the PDR on my Z06 handy for in town driving. I used it as a dashcam to record my driving in the event that some idiot pulled out in front of me or some other he said / she said incident.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:23 PM   #33
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
FCA will also save you on insurance as it’s a safety feature and PDR isn’t.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #34
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
if anybody wants to order a PDR, I'll trade you for the FCA. I hate the damn thing. It continually wakes up my girl when I'm speeding upto the back end of a car to pass. I know..... i could turn it off. However, you know the time you turn it off is the time you nod off at the wheel.....
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote