Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #43
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
What relevance has HP to air temp ?

I explained it to you. Get it?
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #44
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
I explained it to you. Get it?

All I'm getting is hot air and bad maths from someone who should know better.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #45
AGP Turbo

So just over your head?
Old 08-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #46
AGP Turbo

Quote:
LOL

Well if you are running 30psi into a 1L engine heating the air to 400f. You are only generating 1/10 the BTU of heat as a 10L engine at 30psi heating the air to 400f.
Then the frontal area of the cars are the same. So intercooler size is the same and the airflow to it is the same but the car with the 10L engine has to cool 10x as may BTUs as the 1L car. So I think you might just have a little warmer air coming out.
Do you really not get this utterly basic critical concept?

Everybody else understands this right? He's just being difficult to not admit where he was wrong.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #47
stevieturbo

Quote:
So just over your head?
Not in the slightest.

But if you believe hot air is fine....then there is no debate.

And your 30psi example is meaningless too....as 30psi with a tiddly little turbo will yield massively different charge temps than say a mega monster at 30psi regardless of power level, although one would hope the bigger unit should produce more power.

You know compressors all have different efficiencies. You know hot air is not good. You know 200degF charge temps are massive

Are you seriously telling people they are not ? If you are, this can go nowhere even without maths
Old 08-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #48
AGP Turbo

Um no. I said both putting out 400f air. That takes compressor efficiency out of the equation.

The thought experiment was to point out that hp is an utterly important part of the equation, and you said it is not. Because we can exponentially grow engine size and hp beyond what size intercooler increase we can fit in a car. I'm not sure how many real world 1000+whp? 2000+whp? cars you've done but in the real world we have to work within physical and other limitations. When you catch up with the big boys yourself, and start using better sensors, then we'd love to hear about how to do it right. I honestly can't even remember how many for myself, I do this all day every day for 20+ years with people all around the world setting records of every type. 200f on a good sensor, at 1100whp for a real world street car is better anything you've ever done I bet.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #49
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #50
stevieturbo

Quote:
Um no. I said both putting out 400f air. That takes compressor efficiency out of the equation.

The thought experiment was to point out that hp is an utterly important part of the equation, and you said it is not. Because we can exponentially grow engine size and hp beyond what size intercooler increase we can fit in a car. I'm not sure how many real world 1000+whp? 2000+whp? cars you've done but in the real world we have to work within physical and other limitations. When you catch up with the big boys yourself, and start using better sensors, then we'd love to hear about how to do it right. I honestly can't even remember how many for myself, I do this all day every day for 20+ years with people all around the world setting records of every type. 200f on a good sensor, at 1100whp for a real world street car is better anything you've ever done I bet.
Even at over 200mph in a mile, in a road car, driven 500 miles each way to the event....I've never seen charge temps that high. Not even remotely close. And even the slowest sensor you would ever dream of using....isnt as slow as it takes to get to 200mph.

If you really do what you claim....it isnt showing. 200degF on a short 3rd gear pull, is very very bad. You're a fool if you try and argue otherwise.

Really....you should be better than that with all your experience. And even you said the Delphi is not a good sensor. And at least we both agree on that. But it is acceptable for most.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:35 PM   #51
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
Even at over 200mph in a mile, in a road car, driven 500 miles each way to the event....I've never seen charge temps that high. Not even remotely close. And even the slowest sensor you would ever dream of using....isnt as slow as it takes to get to 200mph.

If you really do what you claim....it isnt showing. 200degF on a short 3rd gear pull, is very very bad. You're a fool if you try and argue otherwise.

Really....you should be better than that with all your experience. And even you said the Delphi is not a good sensor. And at least we both agree on that. But it is acceptable for most.

So you've had zero big power cars? Is that what you're saying? Of course your little 700whp car is easy to cool, try doubling that power. It's a whole different story.
86f iat gain with a good sensor is super common over 1000whp, that's why everybody adds n2o and meth inj.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:45 PM   #52
stevieturbo

now everyone adds nitrous and methanol ?

You may make great turbo kits.....but you seem to be on another planet.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:06 PM   #53
Big Biscuits

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3
Smh.
Big Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #54
Big Biscuits

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3
I am glad I got my answer. I am also glad we all don’t agree on things. If we did, this would be a really boring topic. Hope you two can hug it out one day.
Big Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote