Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2016, 10:35 PM   #15
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Talking

Had the single adjustable upper/lower trailing arms, double adjustable upper control arm, the adjustable toe rod and bushing lock-out kit installed today; along with a track/street spec alignment. The guys at the shop I go to (RPM) did a great job and everything is looking good so far!

Unfortunately didn't get to drive it yet... the rear calipers have to be painted and my summer wheel/tire package mounted. So far it looks like BMR did an amazing job on these components, can't wait to actually feel the difference it makes in driving dynamics.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #16
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Thumbs up

Drove the car for a couple hundred miles now... and, ummm... whoa! I didn't realize how much of the suspension flex I was feeling, especially powering out of corners. I really thought it was the car overpowering the wheels and them squirming side to side for traction - that was actually the suspension and subframe bushings flexing.

Now the thing just squats a bit and goes. A bit of wheelspin here and there, but otherwise everything feels like you're in control and the car is pointing where you want it to. I don't feel any extra NVH or rattles on bigger bumps - but that mostly might be explained by the 19" wheels and 45 series tires I'm running.

If you enjoy enthusiastic driving and love feeling exactly what the car is doing - the BMR rear suspension links and bushing lockout kit will make a huge difference.

Edit: I can actually feel the LSD working and a rear tire slipping on very tight turns when I apply some extra power. I always questioned the LSD when I got the car.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #17
andyge868

Drives: 2016 camaro ss duo mode mag ride
what happen to Caster?

Anyone know what's the caster data on the car?
andyge868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:05 AM   #18
JBoyd

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro SIM LS3 M6
I just had an alignment done… my car has F55 (mag ride) and FE3 suspension… the car was aligned to FE2 suspension…. Will I have any issues? Are there differences?

I drive 2016 2SS M6
JBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:22 PM   #19
SHessler

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE [Shock]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoyd View Post
I just had an alignment done… my car has F55 (mag ride) and FE3 suspension… the car was aligned to FE2 suspension…. Will I have any issues? Are there differences?

I drive 2016 2SS M6
A proper alignment alignment to a different spec won't hurt anything, but you could be compromising performance. If that's something you're concerned with.

Depends on what you're looking for.

Ex Spec Miata driver.
SHessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:00 PM   #20
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Factory gen6 fe3 is .75 neg camber on front. Fe2 is .5 . More neg camber gives more grip when cornering hard. I have my fe2 v6 at 1.3 neg on front and .8 on rear.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote