Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Solo Performance Exhaust

I currently have a Solo Performance manifold back exhaust. Right now there is some muffled X-pipe piece that originally came on the cat back portion of this. I am wondering, if I purchased a bolt on X-pipe from them, what can I expect from this change? My exhaust as is has a nice tone to it but its just not quite loud enough. I would like it louder without making it sound nasty. So anything in increase the db of the current tone would be perfect.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
that is a resonated xpipe

it balances exhaust pulses will taming the "rasp" of an otherwise straight piped car. If you have mufflers and remove the resonated xpipe in favor of a nonresonated one, it will be a bit louder and "crisper" sound

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
byrds8

There are no mufflers on that exhaust set up, just J-Pipes. So if I remove the resonated X-pipe in this instance, it would be raspy and terrible sounding along with the loud correct?
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
it will be the straight pipe sound with reduced drone

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
13_SS_RS

Drives: White 2013 SS/RS l99
You have a nice exhaust system, I would try long tubes first before I messed with the one you already put all that money into. Then if it’s still quiet try swapping x-pipes. If you did swap x-pipes I still think since you have cats and mufflers it would still sound good just louder

Current: 2013 summit white Camaro 2SS l99
CAI, long tubes, ported tb, tune

Previous: 2008 jet stream blue Corvette Z06
Airraid, Corsa, MGW shifter SOLD
13_SS_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
byrds8

Long tubes and a tune are out of my reach at this time is why I was thinking of going this route. The X-Pipe would come from Solo also and would be a direct fit so no cutting or anything. I just dont want to spend the money and it sound terrible. I hear a lot of cars around here that are loud but sound like trash. That's definitely not what I am going for.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Sounds like you're a candidate for Speed Engineering long tube headers. You don't want to pay much, but you want more sound. You'll be catless which will rasp more, but you'll have performance gain and won't have to modify your existing exhaust.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #8
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yeah if you're looking for that extra bark longtubes are the way to go. Straight pipe is loud but doesnt have a good tone. My borla catback would be too quiet without them.
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote