Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #15
ccie6746

Drives: 2017 Summit White Coupe
Rear Valence/Diffuser and Borla Exhaust

Factory rear valance or diffuser still flat black, now all will be gloss black around the bottom, quad-tips filling the gap since only quad is available in these.. waiting a LONG time, repaint factory piece etc... finally, changing exhaust to go this route being cheaper actually.plus I prefer the quad-exhaust look..This diffuser has options center piece you can add on at any time for full race look/function if you want.

MP Concepts Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

Borla quad-tip ATTAK Mufflers, Free shipping on Amazon Saved BIG

Installed valence and exhaust, plus added tinted reflectors matching OEM GM LED Taillights "blacked out" from ShopChevyParts.com

DONE..
ccie6746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #16
ccie6746

Small Detail - Shark Fin Antenna

Since switching to all gloss black I figured that Shark Fin in matte black was standing out, grabbed a gloss black from an SS and voila ! matches fantastic, sets it off abit more.. Only took about 20 mins to pull a rear side pillar panel, pull 2 back rivets from headliner and let it drop with rear seat folded down I could easily remove and install the single 10mm nut and 2 wire connectors required. Has its own seals, so my matte black listed on ebay for whomever wants a matte black finish or 1 to customize.. as are most these parts removed during this transformation.

Gloss black OEM Shark Fin Installed

Old 12-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #17
ccie6746

Final Finale - ZL1 Front Bumper

SEMA grills and front splitter already installed, bumper off for LED headlights etc.. but I decided 1 last thing to change the entire look of the car, and better match all other side and rear parts. Adding this ZL1 1LE front Bumper, awaiting paint booth for Summit White paint, and Gloss black on all grills and such.

American Authority ZL1 v2 Front Bumper Kit

This will be the final piece to really transform it into the look I want, but in a car you cannot buy... I didn't plan ALL this, but over time its time with my son, teaches him alot about cars, and allows me to have the car I REALLY WANT for the cost of the base model. I couldn't afford a ZL1 1LE, or an SS, but didn't want the V8, wanted the auto, wanted 30 series and big sway bars, got it all and most parts go quickly on eBay due to being nearly new.. Next month, pics of her in her final state w/ZL1 front bumper installed.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #18
ccie6746

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
not a bad looking car now but why buy a base model and spend so much money on it? could have just ordered a ss 1le or a zl1 lol
Most of these parts only come on a $65k+ ZL1 1LE and that mandates a 6 speed and other things I didn't want, not to mention cannot afford..Its mostly aesthetic but K&N and exhaust, then brakes and sway bars underneath... wheels and tires could be both performance and aesthetics but any way you slice it, its impossible to buy this car like this..It looks like it cost $65k or more, but it cost under $30k and thats including most mods done......didn't need more than this, nor want it with teen age drivers.. Point is the Camaro is a GREAT car to mod and make your own, for those that can afford the ZL1 you still have to replace the wheels/tires, spoilers etc if you want an automatic to get the 1LE's features or options, those are MUCH more expensive parts to replace when new, at least for me. It fits what I wanted, and proud how it has come out, and it turns heads here daily.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #19
ccie6746

My 2 Rides

I have 2 teenagers, so son drives the camaro, daughter the Mustang, and for this reason the first Ford and Mustang I have ever owned in my life... While its underway getting subtle upgrades the Camaro has the stance and potential for more.. Last pic of Camaro before the new front bumper is painted and installed with larger ZL1 grills and ducts in gloss black, even have the canards in satin black to really stand out against the gloss. Can't wait, Jan 7th paint booth reserved.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #20
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
Looks good ! Can’t wait to see the AA ZL1 bumper installed.
I ordered one and my body shop could not get it to line up good, would not fit flush with the fenders and had to return it. After seeing so many installed I think it may have been the shop and not the bumper...
Old 12-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #21
Corvette_Mike

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Your car looks great! Are you going to add the ZL1 hood?
Corvette_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #22
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I love what you've done with your "base" model. I can appreciate all of your well-thought out mods and tasteful upgrades. I have much respect for someone who buys the plain jane version and makes it their own. I did this with my previous '13 LS 6 speed and loved that car as much as I would one that cost 2 times as much. As you said, this is a great way to teach your kids about cars and get them into the hobby as well as saves you $$$ on insurance. It's practical, beautiful, and just as much fun on the street to drive. Kuddos to you!

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #23
ccie6746

FINALE - ZL1 Front Bumper Installed

and finally, the ZL1 bumper is painted. Bumper OEM Summit White of course but went gloss black on the grills, vents, and splitter pieces vs matte/satin finishes.

Thanks to all for kind words, messages, emails, as for the hood I am open at this point. The hood was accidentally damaged in the garage. A TV stand fell off the top shelf onto the hood when my girls were taking the Christmas ornaments in/out of storage. With 3 dents in the hood, 2 which pierce the satin wrap, it will be costly and time consuming to unwrap, repair, repaint, then wrap again approx 30 days after painting. I would LOVE to find a local hood in either white or black to replace it instead..

Also one of the ZL1 side skirts was damaged and recently replaced. Since sold by the pair I have a right side (new in box) ACS Composite ZL1 Side Skirt in gloss black ready to ship to anyone needing one . Not to mention the SEMA gloss black/summit white grills swapped with the ZL1 bumper in this post... may put on ebay if/when I can find a box large enough to ship them in.

Now for the pics !!

Old 03-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #24
ccie6746

Glossy Black SS Hood Added

Replaced the wrapped stock hood due to damage done in storage garage by mistake. Went gloss black with intentions of wrapping it satin black again, but for now keeping the matching gloss black, I like the look !

Old 03-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #25
ccie6746

Dive Planes (Cannards) Finally Installed

Finished Bumper, Dive Planes Installed
Went Satin Black to match the wheels, contrast against the gloss and it does make the show up easier, especially in low light like these photos in the garage.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #26
ccie6746

Want the outside mirrors in gloss black to match the rest, PM or email me if you have any gloss black mirrors in perfect condition I can simply swap mine out with.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #27
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Fantastic work man ! The car looks great and that zl1 front bumper conversion is something I would like to tackle when I have my car.
z28pat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #28
cjeren1
@camarochris_

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS M6
Looks great man. where did you get those canards from?
cjeren1 is offline   Reply With Quote