Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #113
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
'13 MY was a refresh. The industry term "sheetmetal" can be any body panel, no mater what it is made of...
Yeah so you had the refresh in 10, refresh in 13 new gen in 15 and another refresh in 18.

2 refreshes in the last 7 model years with a new generation in there as well and a upcoming refresh for the 2018 model. So 3 refreshes and a new gen in a span of 8 model years
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #114
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah so you had the refresh in 10, refresh in 13 new gen in 15 and another refresh in 18.

2 refreshes in the last 7 model years with a new generation in there as well and a upcoming refresh for the 2018 model. So 3 refreshes and a new gen in a span of 8 model years
'18 is going to be a new lower front bumper shape, and new light designs that look to even be in the same housings, that's it. That is pretty basic stuff. '13 had all new front and rear bumpers, new hood, new rockers, totally different lights. '18 in my eyes will barely be a refresh...they probably just want to try to loose some of the Fusion coupe stigma...
Old 10-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #115
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Needs some hardware upgrades.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:43 PM   #116
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I will add that as a enthusiast, I appreciate the Camaro teams focus on maximum performance. Build the best car with the right balance of chassis dynamics and straight line speed.
I am too. Whatever happens I know this is the best car I've ever driven.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #117
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I am too. Whatever happens I know this is the best car I've ever driven.
I couldn't agree with you more.

BEST car I have ever owned. Period.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #118
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more.

BEST car I have ever owned. Period.
Yep, ditto.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #119
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
'18 is going to be a new lower front bumper shape, and new light designs that look to even be in the same housings, that's it. That is pretty basic stuff. '13 had all new front and rear bumpers, new hood, new rockers, totally different lights. '18 in my eyes will barely be a refresh...they probably just want to try to loose some of the Fusion coupe stigma...
I hope they change the hood too. It's not a bad design as is, but not a big fan of the ridges it has (similar to 96-98 Cobras).
Old 10-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #120
IOMike

GM played the same game with the trucks. When the 14s came out they were incredibly stingy with discounts and as soon as they put cash on the hood (not as much as a Ram albeit) they started to sell better. Camaro is no different. Mustang has had huge discounts and offers since day 1, Camaro is just starting to offer them

Price sells. The cheap price and high volume of the Mustang proves that.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #121
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
GM played the same game with the trucks. When the 14s came out they were incredibly stingy with discounts and as soon as they put cash on the hood (not as much as a Ram albeit) they started to sell better. Camaro is no different. Mustang has had huge discounts and offers since day 1, Camaro is just starting to offer them

Price sells. The cheap price and high volume of the Mustang proves that.
There is a balance that simply has to be struck, you can discount a vehicle however if that is resulting in a loss then it is self defeating. After all just think of how many cars they would sell at $1,000, it would drive them out of business doing that though.

As far as the non V8 versions of these cars I think it is funny because between the Mustang and Camaro they likely had similar average transaction prices. The V-6 Mustang is really the only place where the Mustang is cheaper (non V-8 MSRP pricing) then the Camaro. Though the physiological impact of having that V-6 Mustang at a price a few grand cheaper then the Camaro will push someone into a $40,000 ecoboost Mustang.

The other thing that I see driving up Camaro prices are dealer installed options (the dealers around me went crazy with them )
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #122
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post

As far as the non V8 versions of these cars I think it is funny because between the Mustang and Camaro they likely had similar average transaction prices. The V-6 Mustang is really the only place where the Mustang is cheaper (non V-8 MSRP pricing) then the Camaro. Though the physiological impact of having that V-6 Mustang at a price a few grand cheaper then the Camaro will push someone into a $40,000 ecoboost Mustang.
When I was shopping for a vehicle (April/May 2016) this was not the case. A base Ecoboost could be purchased (including Tax/Tags/Title) for $24k. The V6 Mustang was roughly 2-3k cheaper. The v6 Camaro was $28k+. Obviously the prices are closer with all of GM's incentives, but those extend to old stock at this point.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #123
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Nobody likes the 6th gen. Sales have been down ever since the gen 5.5 because they decided to make the Camaro into an Integra or whatever the ****. Hopefully, it's just because everyone is waiting for the ZL1. :P
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #124
IOMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
There is a balance that simply has to be struck, you can discount a vehicle however if that is resulting in a loss then it is self defeating. After all just think of how many cars they would sell at $1,000, it would drive them out of business doing that though.

The other thing that I see driving up Camaro prices are dealer installed options (the dealers around me went crazy with them )
I think they realize there is a group of people who have to have it and will buy it no matter what. So they don't put any real discounts on year 1 so they can milk those customers, then they apply the discounts for the rest. The discounts and deals are most likely planned from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Nobody likes the 6th gen. Sales have been down ever since the gen 5.5 because they decided to make the Camaro into an Integra or whatever the ****. Hopefully, it's just because everyone is waiting for the ZL1. :P
Not at all true, it's the price increase. It's a significantly better car than the 5th gen in every aspect. It's just the competition upped their game and put a lot of cash on the hood. Outside the Camaro world, most don't like the 5th gen but are interested in the 6th.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #125
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I think ford is smart here. Chevy is talking about 1le, ZL1. Ford is advertising everywhere, Mach 1, GT500, Cobra, and the Bullit cars for 2018. Why would you buy a 2017 mustang.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #126
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
I don't think that's true...

I think a lot of people really like the 6th Gen..but I think it's struggling to bring in new converts to GM. Example? The 2015 Mustang. It brought new people to Ford, not just the Mustang folks. However it looks like many of the people who are buying the 6th Gen Camaro are previous Camaro owners, IE repeat customers.

I think if the Camaro was bringing in tons of new people, with the discounts, etc...you'd see closer to 9,000 sales a month instead of the current rate. However I think the story of the 6th Gen is only beginning..lots more still to go.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote