Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Car withdrawn due to QC issues?

To make a long story short, I have a 2017 1LE that's been stuck in QC for several weeks. All my dealer (working with VP of dealership) will tell me is that it 'doesn't look good,' implying that it may never clear QC. Is that even possible?

I can't believe how wrong this all seems to be going. This is the first new car I've ever bought and the firat time in my life I can afford to make a purchase like this. But, I'm somewhere around the 10 week mark now since ordering and it looks like the whole deal is about to fall apart. If I have to start over, I doubt I'll come close to getting the deal I originally negotiated, which will put the car outside of what I'm willing to spend.

It shouldn't be this hard to buy a car!

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Cars always clear inspection, they are prob waiting for a part....it happens....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Cars always clear inspection, they are prob waiting for a part....it happens....
I get that. But my dealer is acting like the car may never be delivered. Working with VP, I assume he would have a better idea of what's going on then your average sales guy.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Keeping my fingers crossed for you....maybe send Becky a message, she may be able to make things a bit clearer.
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for you....maybe send Becky a message, she may be able to make things a bit clearer.
The car is going to Canada, so I'm not sure if there's anything she can do?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
I get that. But my dealer is acting like the car may never be delivered. Working with VP, I assume he would have a better idea of what's going on then your average sales guy.
Your dealer is an idiot. He can get on the phone with his regional distribution manager and get a more detailed report of the delay. See the GM, IN PERSON to get more data.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Your dealer is an idiot. He can get on the phone with his regional distribution manager and get a more detailed report of the delay. See the GM, IN PERSON to get more data.
I"m getting that impression. Not happy with him at all. Wasn't even planning on dealing with him. A friend knows the owner of a few dealerships and told me to go to him, which I did. He then passed me off to this dealership VP. I'm going to go back to the owner once I'm back from the vacation I'm on now.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #8
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
It's not unusual at all for a batch of cars to be delayed due to going through QC especially if it happens to be a new model.

The bad part is, you will NEVER know, nor will you get ANY kind of answer from ANYBODY from the local salesman all the way up to GM transportation or GM corporate to either confirm or deny that's why the car still hasn't shipped.

I went through all of this back when I ordered my 2011 2SS convertible.

Have patience , it WILL ship some day and the wait will be worth it.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
Whitespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
It's not unusual at all for a batch of cars to be delayed due to going through QC especially if it happens to be a new model.

The bad part is, you will NEVER know, nor will you get ANY kind of answer from ANYBODY from the local salesman all the way up to GM transportation or GM corporate to either confirm or deny that's why the car still hasn't shipped.

I went through all of this back when I ordered my 2011 2SS convertible.

Have patience , it WILL ship some day and the wait will be worth it.
Thanks for the reassurance.

I'm willing to be patient. I just don't understand why the dealer is making this seem so dire.

Nigel
Old 06-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
Thanks for the reassurance.

I'm willing to be patient. I just don't understand why the dealer is making this seem so dire.

Nigel
The most likely scenario is as Glen e has laid it out. If (and it's a big if) your dealer knows something he isn't telling you, it could be a question of damage.

I had a friend / co-worker who was waiting for a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP that he eventually had to re-order. The car didn't pass QC because it was one of a number of cars that had been damaged by rocks thrown by a bunch of kids from an overpass while it was being transported by train. Apparently most of the cars had windows replaced and paint correction, but there was more physical damage to his so GM opted to repair it and sell it at auction rather than deliver it to him. They could do that in his case because it was a company car order, but he specced it to buy it after it came out of company car service.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #11
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
10 weeks since ordering isn't all that long.. hang in there
Old 06-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #12
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
If GM has to start over with a new build for you, I would be astounded if they did not keep the current price on your purchase agreement.

Be patient; this will turn out fine.

If Becky was not who you are bought the car from, I doubt she can be much help.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #13
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
As Glen e indicted, your dealer is less than competent, but given the number of complaints we see on this and other car forums, is not unique. I know it is to late now, but making the effort to find a competent dealer is well worth it for the peace of mind such a treasure engenders.

Also, if your build is still at the plant, it may be waiting for a part. And as stated above GM will never admit it or identify the part, even when we outsiders figure it out. Someone once posted its a legal thing, and given our American tendency to litigate at the drop of a pin, that poster may well be correct.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #14
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
I waited over 9 months when I ordered my 2010 SS. There was a hold up on the line due to a manual Transmission issue.