Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #43
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
In camo we trust.
That makes me sad.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #44
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
The reflection on the roof is not conforming to the top of the greenhouse and you can see a hint of a kink where the top of the windscreen is.

The only interesting thing in the shadow picture for me is the details of the front of the car, the silhouette of the car is plain to see from the camo prototypes; at least 95% of it.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #45

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
That makes me sad.
Yeah, I gotta say, so far these spy-shots and renderings of the 6th Gen are just not what I was expecting...

Don't get me wrong, great job by Chaz, and a great-looking Camaro regardless...but, certainly a let down as far as something awesome and revolutionary for a Gen6....

I can't re-call one previous thread, especially around the time of the '14 Refresh, where the mind-set was the 6thGen was going to be a continuation and evolution of what styling we were used to with the 5thGen....The '14 refresh was touted as an absolute necessity to keep 5thgen sales viable, the styling was outdated and stale, and the re-fresh was a temporary "fix" until the new, exciting, 6thGen comes out....

Now miraculously, history is re-written....the 5thGen design is sacred, and will continue on evolved into the 6thGen....Really?....

Again the 5thGen is awesome....I own one....but barring some unforeseen surprises with the 6thGen styling, the performance, quality, up-grades will have to carry the day....If it does, great...Just not what I came to believe when discussions of the 6thGen began. Look at all the old threads regarding the 6th Gen styling....I have yet to find one where the predictions were an evolution of minor changes with the existing 5thGen...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #46
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS View Post
I'm done modding my '10 till I get a definitive look at the final product. If it something that just blows me mind and is worth upgrading to then I'm all over it if not I may just trade my SS to get '12 zl1 or so.
To me '13 is the sweet spot. On the exterior you get stock halos and in the interior you get the touch screen. No asstacular tail lights and no chrome strip on the grille.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #47
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Yeah, I gotta say, so far these spy-shots and renderings of the 6th Gen are just not what I was expecting...

Don't get me wrong, great job by Chaz, and a great-looking Camaro regardless...but, certainly a let down as far as something awesome and revolutionary for a Gen6....

I can't re-call one previous thread, especially around the time of the '14 Refresh, where the mind-set was the 6thGen was going to be a continuation and evolution of what styling we were used to with the 5thGen....The '14 refresh was touted as an absolute necessity to keep 5thgen sales viable, the styling was outdated and stale, and the re-fresh was a temporary "fix" until the new, exciting, 6thGen comes out....

Now miraculously, history is re-written....the 5thGen design is sacred, and will continue on evolved into the 6thGen....Really?....

Again the 5thGen is awesome....I own one....but barring some unforeseen surprises with the 6thGen styling, the performance, quality, up-grades will have to carry the day....If it does, great...Just not what I came to believe when discussions of the 6thGen began. Look at all the old threads regarding the 6th Gen styling....I have yet to find one where the predictions were an evolution of minor changes with the existing 5thGen...
Al said the 6th Gen would be evolution because they didn't won't to mess with the success of the 5th Gen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
The 5th gen was given ONE refresh which looks just fine for my tastes since I belong to a generation that use to get a model refresh each and every year when I was a kid growing up. Some people like it, some don't, thats totally acceptable when it comes to individual taste.

The 5th gen design inspiration was the 1st gen and it was refreshed every year with similar minor updates for all 3 years and they did not alter the basic design language but they enhanced enough of the car to keep it fresh. This would be very expensive in todays manufacturing climate.

5th gens still stand out in a crowd and continue to draw ooh's and ahh's from kids and adults alike, it has not grown old but it is time to move forward be it an evolutionary design or not.

I'm anticipating the new model to be a clean sheet upgrade as it relates to driving and performance dynamics from the present car. The design will be a bonus regardless of how far they decide to go from what we have today.

This car will make all you "Nancy's", no disrespect to any actual female Nancy's, change your tune once the car and info is finally revealed. This car will not disappoint.
Lol... Please... I won't change my mind because it won't look like a muscle car but more like a sports car! Heck the 1mustang front looks more like a muscle car front tfhan this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
I love how so many people have such strong opinions on the look of the thing lol. What exactly do you see that you like or don't like?? The darng is covered in camo.

It is not wise to judge a book by its cover. You're lliterally judging the thing by its cover. I think the anxiety and lack of knowledge on it is screwing with people's rational thinking.
Lol... The front I don't like and is nothing muscle about it!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Al said the 6th Gen would be evolution because they didn't won't to mess with the success of the 5th Gen!
...Then don't call it a 6thGen...Call it what it is...another 5thGen Re-fresh...
Old 01-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #49
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
...Then don't call it a 6thGen...Call it what it is...another 5thGen Re-fresh...
I don't think some of you guys understood what they meant by evolutionary, not revolutionary.
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #50
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
An entirely new car on a new platform with a new engine and transmission is slightly more than a refresh.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #51
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hahaha.... Or call it a refresh 2.0 since it will be smaller! Our 5th Gen baby brother lol.... But hey , that's what it is a 6th Gen! Some said the the 5th Gen wasn't a 5th Gen because it's size ! But we all know what a 5th Gen is and look like!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
An entirely new car on a new platform with a new engine and transmission is slightly more than a refresh.
For sure that is the case....and if that's the rationale for calling it a 6thGen, all good and understandable....But if the renderings and spy-shots stay pretty much as seen, it's not a 6thGen to me as far as styling...
Old 01-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #53
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
So, I did some amateur enhancing. I still think the shadow Camaro seems way swoopier than the clunky camo'd California Camaro.

I fully agree!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #54
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

We might not like it but the world knows it's a 6th Gen! Just like I bet the mustang ppl don't like the mustang ll but it's still a mustang! But I here you! And GM is just given some what they've been complaining about or asking for which is a smaller, lighter , faster, and a improvements on the interior materials!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #55
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
For sure that is the case....and if that's the rationale for calling it a 6thGen, all good and understandable....But if the renderings and spy-shots stay pretty much as seen, it's not a 6thGen to me as far as styling...

There are plenty of cars that don't change styling that much from generation to generation, like Porsche and BMW. Even the new Mustang isn't that big of a change when you put it side by side with the previous generation.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #56

...Some of these are a little dated, but nonetheless, here goes...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...00#post4201400

FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger

View My Garage

iTrader Rating: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1
Details??!!

I've heard whispers that it may revolve around the look of gen 4?......

It won't be a 4th gen rehash...not like how the 5th gen is based off the '69 Camaro. The rumors are that it will return to a sleeker design set forth by the 3rd/4th gens rather than an evolution of the 5th gen.

FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger

View My Garage

iTrader Rating: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94
Perfect...mine will be paid off by then... I wonder if it will be evolutionary or REVOLUTIONARY in design.

From what I have heard...revolutionary.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation