Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #29
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoswag1990 View Post
Don't know why since it wasn't directed at you and chef doesn't even have a camaro.

I also just noticed that the person I originally meant to quote was ztwentypoop not IOMike
You're right, I don't have one. And I'm not a fanboy of a particular brand. That's why I'll call out stupid shit that's posted. You're going to act that the threads here are so hilarious, but fail to see the threads on the Mustang forum the same way? Why? Because Ford fanboy.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #30
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Well that's a matter of opinion then because I test drove a 5.0 S197 and it felt like I was driving a boat with wheels.

And yes if you actually have one of the cars at least you have a point of reference and experience to speak from, rather than reiterating what other people have said or speculating based on press releases.
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #31
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Wonder if we will see GT vs SS comparisons this fall. I assume the press will get the cars before they're released.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #32
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Wonder if we will see GT vs SS comparisons this fall. I assume the press will get the cars before they're released.
There will be a lot of them. I'm sure there will be some good EB vs RS comparisons too. I've said it on here and the mustang forum that if I planned to stay stock the 6th gen camaro V6 is probably the better option. Not modified though
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #33
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
There will be lots, but I meant more when will we see them. Sounds like the 6th gen will be on the lots in December, so hopefully September when it's still warm out.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #34
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
The only valid comparison as of right now would be exterior and interior ones. Styling is subjective, but here is how I would compare exteriors of each car if I had to compare to an inatimate object...

Camaro = Switchblade
Mustang = Marshmallow

...And I think the 6th gen Camaro is going to look even better in person.

I have done a couple of double-takes when I first saw the new Mustang on the road. Not so much any more. Styling has become somewhat tiresome for me, much like the new Fusion.

5th Gen Camaro still elicits a "Wow, nice car ! " reaction from me when I see one on the streets. But like I said, styling is subjective.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #35
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
How does the Camaro stack up against the new Mustang.

1). Straight line performance
2). Track performance
3). Interior
4). Features
1. Estimated weights of the 6th gen Camaro, (under 3500lb for the v6, ~3700lb 1ss) and better torque curves from the GM V8 engine should result in a modest win.... 4 & 6 cyl, may depend on trans/diff ratios. If you're a big guy in a Camaro and line up with a skinny dude in an auto Mustang that knows how to drive, he may take the win. Close win, Camaro

2. Camaro is ahead of Mustang in IRS development, nice square footprint on the Camaro, but this is likely short-term gain for GM as long as Ford doesn't pull a brain fart like they did with their previous try at IRS.

Add magnetorheological dampers on the Camaro and pull those run flats off, BIG win, Camaro.

3. Haven't seen the Camaro interior in person but the arrangement and unique controls are very interesting, the Mustang interior looks like their first gen interior in plastic rather than metal, so I'll give a win to Camaro.

4. Need more info... from what I've seen Camaro has some solid features so far, need 5 star crash rating, rear seat room for both cars will be crap (expected), likely better visibility in Ford, but if I wanted to see the apex I'd be shopping Porsche, high belt-line is safe and chop top look of Camaro will go down in auto history as very cool. Biased win, Camaro

In summary, I give a thumb up to the Ford as I cruise by in a 6th gen Camaro, that previously ugly Mustang a$$ isn't quite as ugly this time around even though the nose looks Ford Corporate, it's ..... not terrible.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #36
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
How does the Camaro stack up against the new Mustang.

1). Straight line performance
2). Track performance
3). Interior
4). Features
1 & 2 I bet it's going to come down to driver capability. I honestly don't think the Gen 6 is going to to crush the stang in any given area.

3 & 4 are subjective. I thought that in the previous gen the stang had a much nicer interior but the new interior shots have it pretty even in my opinion.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #37
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Here's my take:

1. I think the Camaro team is looking to beat the Challenger 6.4 scat pack, which already beats the new mustang. So, the Gen6 will win here, and beat the scat pack by a smaller margin.

2. Based off of feeback about the Alpha chasis on the Cadillacs and reduction of unsprung and/or rotating mass, the new Camaro will be significanly improved on a road course. Since the 1LE already beats the GTPP, and the Gen6 is supposedly better than the 1LE around a track, this will be another win for the Gen6.

3. This one is completely subjective. To each his own.

4. This can be a little subjective as well, but both cars have a very large compliment of features in the higher trims/optioned up versions. This will come down to what specific features each buyer is looking for.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote