Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #15
MaTTiMeX

Drives: Chevy Cruze
I've decided to get the vehicle but I was able to work things out that I am going to be keeping me 3014 cruze as a winter vehicle. Now I need to figure out the best way to store the camaro during the winter without having a garage to do so. (We rent a basement apartment, rent is dumb around Toronto).

Thank you so much for the input everyone it really helped me make an informed decision.
MaTTiMeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTTiMeX View Post
I've decided to get the vehicle but I was able to work things out that I am going to be keeping me 3014 cruze as a winter vehicle. Now I need to figure out the best way to store the camaro during the winter without having a garage to do so. (We rent a basement apartment, rent is dumb around Toronto).

Thank you so much for the input everyone it really helped me make an informed decision.
Put plywood down on the driveway or yard, buy a drive in (lay it down on top of the plywood) zip up car bag so its totally bagged. I would put a good car cover on the car than zip up the bag. Those bags zip on both sides front to rear or rear to front.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #17
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
It would be best if you could find a place to park it near an electrical outlet. You WILL want to put it on a battery tender if you can.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #18
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
It would be best if you could find a place to park it near an electrical outlet. You WILL want to put it on a battery tender if you can.

If a car is in a sealed bag, not a good idea to charge a battery without putting a extension on the battery vent hose and put it outside the bag. Better to do the old school up north thing of taking out the battery and put it down the cellar when a car will not be accessible and untouched for 6 months.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #19
MaTTiMeX

Drives: Chevy Cruze
So a sealed bag and car cover and remove the battery along with filling fluids and washing and detailing and plugging exhaust with steel wool and such for rodents would be adequate? It's going to be right in my derive way kind of in a little nook between houses and the fence to the yard so a long of harsh winds and stuff won't get it too bad. What about undercoating? Fuel?
MaTTiMeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #20
lt4camaro

Quote:
So a sealed bag and car cover and remove the battery along with filling fluids and washing and detailing and plugging exhaust with steel wool and such for rodents would be adequate? It's going to be right in my derive way kind of in a little nook between houses and the fence to the yard so a long of harsh winds and stuff won't get it too bad. What about undercoating? Fuel?
You can fill the tank so it doesn't sweat on the inside of the tank. I would lay down a piece of 6 mil plastic, put down some 1/2 inch plywood (4 sheets) on top of the plastic. Lay down the drive over car bag, park the car, remove the battery, put on a good car cover and zip up the bag. No moisture will come up from the ground thru the plastic, the plywood and finally the thick plastic bag, no need for any other protection. I know in Canada you guys love to spray a thin coat of oil under the entire undercarriage, that is still a good idea but not necessary. You can stuff the exhaust tips with rags, but mice rarely chew thru the thick plastic bag.

I would clean the body with a detailer and cover it. Not a good idea to cover a freshly washed car, it needs days in the air and sun to dry out all the nooks and crannies. Also when the bed is ready to drive over, go out and drive the car long enough to get the oil up to temp and the exhaust dryed out, put it on the bed hot. Otherwise you will have the suitcase muffler with a lot of water in it.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:23 AM   #21
lt4camaro

Quote:
Don't forget to not latch the trunk lid after the battery is pulled.