Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
Fire260

Drives: 2019 Camaro LT1
2019 Front camera install

Had some time to get this installed. I just put the monitor in my sun visor,had to remove the mirror to get this in plus took the monitor apart so it would be a lower profile. I used this monitor because it offers camera rotation and flip, so you can use just about any camera you want. I still need to hide the wire to the camera in front of radiator, but not to bad for under $50.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice!

Very similar to what A-A-Ron did with the review camera with display in the mirror. But this method is much more cost effective, those new cameras from GM are pricey
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:30 PM   #3
Fire260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Nice!

Very similar to what A-A-Ron did with the review camera with display in the mirror. But this method is much more cost effective, those new cameras from GM are pricey
Thanks!
I was going to do what he did but with my own twist. I ended up finding just the camera and the rear mirror but then I saw the shark fin antenna that had the camera in it, Looked at getting one but they are not cheap, so I took the camera that I got for the front and put it in my stock shark fin antenna with some MODDING, so one Friday night I started to do the work for the antenna got the camera in it tested it all works as it should, then started to do the bodywork to make the camera look good, then unknown to me I had to get to Vegas on that Sunday and didn't get the time to finish the work on the antenna , but I wasn't going to make the trip without the antenna on the car so I painted it black and put it on my car. Then I found a stock antenna off 2020 with the camera in it for a deal that I couldn't pass up, so I took my modded antenna off and put the stock antenna with camera on my car, so now I don't have that camera for upfront so I came up with this setup that I have now for front view, But I will be selling the Modded shark fin with the camera and a rearview mirror if anyone is looking for one.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire260 View Post
Thanks!
I was going to do what he did but with my own twist. I ended up finding just the camera and the rear mirror but then I saw the shark fin antenna that had the camera in it, Looked at getting one but they are not cheap, so I took the camera that I got for the front and put it in my stock shark fin antenna with some MODDING, so one Friday night I started to do the work for the antenna got the camera in it tested it all works as it should, then started to do the bodywork to make the camera look good, then unknown to me I had to get to Vegas on that Sunday and didn't get the time to finish the work on the antenna , but I wasn't going to make the trip without the antenna on the car so I painted it black and put it on my car. Then I found a stock antenna off 2020 with the camera in it for a deal that I couldn't pass up, so I took my modded antenna off and put the stock antenna with camera on my car, so now I don't have that camera for upfront so I came up with this setup that I have now for front view, But I will be selling the Modded shark fin with the camera and a rearview mirror if anyone is looking for one.
Wow, got the best of both worlds lol.

Lemme know what price you’d let go that setup for, I’ve got my eye on some stuff from a salvage car but they won’t respond to my emails so I’d have to call them later
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:22 PM   #5
Dathomas94

Drives: Camaro 2021 ZL1 6 speed ragtop
A-A- Ron or others, details please on the visor mount camera screen, 1) what brand . 2) do you turn it on and off some how ? 3) does the screen reflect the sun when using the visor as a sun visor ? I ice my sun visor often with the ver.
Dathomas94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #6
Fire260

This is the screen I used, you can use any one you want just make sure you can rotate the image in the settings so you can use whatever cam you want upfront. I have no problems with reflection,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-13-2021, 03:11 PM   #7
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Where Did you get the powertap from to the screen?
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:13 PM   #8
Fire260

Can't remember