Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #15
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeyourself View Post
Yes sir, no complaints. The instructions were a little confusing on where to cut. The sheet I had showed 2 cut lines. So I cut on the side of caution. It was a little long so I cut it again inline with the rear cross member. Clamps are nice. Tips are fine but when your holding them in your hand they have a cheap look/feel to them, installed they look fine. They have a Universal clamp on the back.
Awesome! Thank you for the detailed feedback. I really like the price of the aluminized kit, but the logical side of me says to do the stainless one. Being that mine is daily driven here in Michigan, I'm not completely convinced that the aluminized kit will last the next 5 or 6 years. Either way, it's really hard to beat MBRP prices for what you actually get
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #16
dgriff14
waddupdgriff
 
dgriff14's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: IG: waddupdgriff
Posts: 213
I have the 3 inch SS race catback MBRP system on my supercharged V6. Sounds fantastic, loud as shit, deeper tone, but there is a liiitlle drone at 2k rpms if you ever cruise there. I got some videos on IG @waddupdgriff
__________________
2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:39 PM   #17
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
I have the 3 inch SS race catback MBRP system on my supercharged V6. Sounds fantastic, loud as shit, deeper tone, but there is a liiitlle drone at 2k rpms if you ever cruise there. I got some videos on IG @waddupdgriff
Does the race catback use the same j-pipe/helmholtz configuration as the axle back?
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #18
dgriff14
waddupdgriff
 
dgriff14's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: IG: waddupdgriff
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Does the race catback use the same j-pipe/helmholtz configuration as the axle back?
It sure does. I think the difference between the race series and street series is that the street series has mufflers
__________________
2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #19
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
It sure does. I think the difference between the race series and street series is that the street series has mufflers
Well actually the regular axle back just uses the standard j-pipe and helmholtz resonator as well. I wasn't aware there was different styles.
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:21 AM   #20
Fire260
 
Fire260's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro LT1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 71
Just put this on my car, Man i love it!!
__________________
Saying THANKS don’t cost a dime so hand it out freely!
Fire260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #21
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire260 View Post
Just put this on my car, Man i love it!!
Good deal! I just bought the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back. Should arrive today actually
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #22
RWT
 
RWT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro RS
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: S.E. Georgia
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Good deal! I just bought the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back. Should arrive today actually

So why did you choose the Flowmaster over the MBRP?
__________________
RWT

2020 Camaro RS, V6, 6MT, Satin Steel
2020 Silverado, 5.3L CC, RST, Z71, Shadow Gray
2019 Equinox LS, 1.5L Turbo, Nightfall Gray Metallic
RWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #23
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire260 View Post
Just put this on my car, Man i love it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWT View Post
So why did you choose the Flowmaster over the MBRP?
After a lot of research (which included listening to videos, talking to people who bought it, talking to vendors, etc) I think the Flowmaster might be the best bang for the buck. Just based on sound alone I like the Flowmaster the best, and when others confirmed no drone, that did it for me. Apparently Flowmaster uses a specifically tuned resonator just for the 6th gen V6 only. They said they liked it better than the traditional chambered muffler that's usually used in this kit
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:38 PM   #24
Fire260
 
Fire260's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro LT1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
After a lot of research (which included listening to videos, talking to people who bought it, talking to vendors, etc) I think the Flowmaster might be the best bang for the buck. Just based on sound alone I like the Flowmaster the best, and when others confirmed no drone, that did it for me. Apparently Flowmaster uses a specifically tuned resonator just for the 6th gen V6 only. They said they liked it better than the traditional chambered muffler that's usually used in this kit
That's cool!! I really liked the flowmaster,I have flowmaster on every thing i build but it came down to the $$ . I really like it .the car don't sound like a v6 that's for sure. The vids we see don't do the exhaust justest, sounds way better in person then on youtube. its crazy just how good it sounds,to me..
__________________
Saying THANKS don’t cost a dime so hand it out freely!
Fire260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #25
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire260 View Post
That's cool!! I really liked the flowmaster,I have flowmaster on every thing i build but it came down to the $$ . I really like it .the car don't sound like a v6 that's for sure. The vids we see don't do the exhaust justest, sounds way better in person then on youtube. its crazy just how good it sounds,to me..

Good deal man! You getting any drone to speak of? How was the fitment?
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #26
Fire260
 
Fire260's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro LT1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Good deal man! You getting any drone to speak of? How was the fitment?
I would say there is a slight one at say 1900 to 2100rpm's when im going up a hill. but it don't bother me, just turn up the radio right... But man when you get on it it sounds so good .Fitment is good, the driver side inner tip is a little bit lower but its hard to see if you don't know its there.
__________________
Saying THANKS don’t cost a dime so hand it out freely!

Last edited by Fire260; 05-07-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Fire260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #27
HCI2000SS

 
HCI2000SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire260 View Post
I would say there is a slight one at say 1900 to 2100rpm's when im going up a hill. but it don't bother me, just turn up the radio right... But man when you get on it it sounds so good .Fitment is good, the driver side inner tip is a little bit lower but its hard to see if you don't know its there.
From what I read that RPM range seems to be the sweet spot on these cars. Realistically all these systems probably drone some (weather you hear it or not) but some do better at mitigating it than others.

Believe it not it appears that the MBRP and Flowmaster have a somewhat similar design in one regard. The resonator is straight through (no chambers) with an offshoot kind of like the MBRP. But obviously the Flowmaster is all inside a oval case, so the sound and characteristics will be different
HCI2000SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #28
Fire260
 
Fire260's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro LT1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
From what I read that RPM range seems to be the sweet spot on these cars. Realistically all these systems probably drone some (weather you hear it or not) but some do better at mitigating it than others.

Believe it not it appears that the MBRP and Flowmaster have a somewhat similar design in one regard. The resonator is straight through (no chambers) with an offshoot kind of like the MBRP. But obviously the Flowmaster is all inside a oval case, so the sound and characteristics will be different
Let us know how you like the flow master when you get it installed. Have a good one.
__________________
Saying THANKS don’t cost a dime so hand it out freely!
Fire260 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.