Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
Blk16SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
Dyno Yesterday

I stopped by a local shop to do a few baseline pulls. Other than a few minor mods (drop-in green filter, rear cat delete and MSD wires), I can still consider the black beast still a stocker. The numbers are consistent with what I've seen...
Attached Images

Last edited by Blk16SS; 08-23-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Blk16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Type of dyno? SAE corrected? What gear for the pulls?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Blk16SS

SAE, dynojet, and I believe he said 6th gear. I could be wrong but I could find out for sure...
Old 08-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
KoolHyperBlue

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS -NPP,Mag Ride
That's actually pretty low compared to what other people have been posting . I've seen quite a few post on here above 400 HP and 400Torque
KoolHyperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #5
Blk16SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolHyperBlue View Post
That's actually pretty low compared to what other people have been posting . I've seen quite a few post on here above 400 HP and 400Torque
It's actually an A8..... Haven't seen one past 400 rwhp. If so, that's like saying a stock A8 would be making 475-485 flywheel.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
But you have 3 mods so its not stock anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk16SS View Post
It's actually an A8..... Haven't seen one past 400 rwhp. If so, that's like saying a stock A8 would be making 475-485 flywheel.
How do you figure 475-485? These cars seem to have about a 12-13% parasitic loss...so that puts it at around 440 going by your numbers.

There are so many variables with dynos. They don't really tell you true horsepower, they are just a tuning tool.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #8
Blk16SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
But you have 3 mods so its not stock anymore...
IT depends on what your definition of stock is dude. I wouldn't consider plug wires a mod but that's just me...
Old 08-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #9
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
IT depends on what your definition of stock is dude. I wouldn't consider plug wires a mod but that's just me...
Me either. IMO the only real mod you have is the secondary cat deletes. But, ANY change technically isn't stock under certain circumstances.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #10
Blk16SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
How do you figure 475-485? These cars seem to have about a 12-13% parasitic loss...so that puts it at around 440 going by your numbers.

There are so many variables with dynos. They don't really tell you true horsepower, they are just a tuning tool.
Some say 20% .Some say 15 %. Somebody is right obviously. Have you dyno'd yours yet? You're the "guru" so let's go by your info and yours only. There's no way YOU could possibly be wrong. Dyno your car and lemme know YOUR results so we can debate on an even platform. Let's not speculate. Looks like you need to buy one first...
Old 08-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #11
Blk16SS

Quote:
Me either. IMO the only real mod you have is the secondary cat deletes. But, ANY change technically isn't stock under certain circumstances.
True..
Old 08-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #12
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Some say 20% .Some say 15 %. Somebody is right obviously. Have you dyno'd yours yet? You're the "guru" so let's go by your info and yours only. There's no way YOU could possibly be wrong. Dyno your car and lemme know YOUR results so we can debate on an even platform. Let's not speculate. Looks like you need to buy one first...
Don't get all butt hurt cause your car dynoed low buddy. I was being nice to you and explaining things. Including how not to just go by dyno numbers. Anybody with a brain knows these newer cars don't have the same parasitic losses and are super certified by the SAE. NOBODY thinks these cars have anywhere near a 20% loss. So grow up, stop getting so defensive when someone offers real world advise, or take a hike...
Old 08-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #13
Blk16SS

Quote:
Don't get all butt hurt cause your car dynoed low buddy. I was being nice to you and explaining things. Including how not to just go by dyno numbers. Anybody with a brain knows these newer cars don't have the same parasitic losses and are super certified by the SAE. NOBODY thinks these care have anywhere near a 20% loss. So grow up, stop getting so defensive when someone offers real world advise, or take a hike...
Butt hurt LOL not hardly bro. I'm full grown also . For the purpose of conversation, I don't think you know what you're talking about . All I said was go buy one or open up a shop and perform dyno's for a living otherwise, I have NO respect for an arm chair quarterback. I know what I've seen and my numbers are within range not really low such as the "guru" has stated. LOL. No hard feelings, just prove me wrong, otherwise it's a shank and a miss on your part..." no co-signer needed sir, you have a 765 beacon score so tell guru he's an idiot saying you have less than half a brain. In fact, no down payment needed, just sign and go"......
Old 08-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Butt hurt LOL not hardly bro. I'm full grown also . For the purpose of conversation, I don't think you know what you're talking about . All I said was go buy one or open up a shop and perform dyno's for a living otherwise, I have NO respect for an arm chair quarterback. I know what I've seen and my numbers are within range not really low such as the "guru" has stated. LOL. No hard feelings, just prove me wrong, otherwise it's a shank and a miss on your part..." no co-signer needed sir, you have a 765 beacon score so tell guru he's an idiot saying you have less than half a brain. In fact, no down payment needed, just sign and go"......
You are the one who doesn't know what you're talking about if you think your car has a 20% parasitic loss and magically makes 30 more horsepower on an SAE certified engine than everyone else...

Furthermore, you have no clue about me either. I can guarantee I've owned more Camaros then you, and unlike most, I do most of my own work. I've tuned cars, and own HP Tuners software as well. I know what I'm talking about in regards to this.

Also, when did I say your numbers are low? That was another post, not mine. If anything I was trying to help you out by telling you dyno numbers are not a cure for all, and to just use them as a tuning tool as they are full of variables and you decide to jump down my neck like I called your car a POS or something?