Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: What would result be?
Suckers bet, smart not to take the race 31 60.78%
I'd lose 8 15.69%
I'd win 3 5.88%
Drivers race 4 7.84%
He under estimated my car and I should have raced him 6 11.76%
Tie likely 1 1.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #43
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post

Not sure about his rear end....likely still a live rear axle
The Terminators had IRS and a built engine from the factory.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #44
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
The Terminators had IRS and a built engine from the factory.
Responded to that 2 posts up. I thought the Terminator was like an aftermarket "kit" called the Terminator for those cars. Didn't know they came from factory.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #45
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Responded to that 2 posts up. I thought the Terminator was like an aftermarket "kit" called the Terminator for those cars. Didn't know they came from factory.
Terminator was code name during development bc it was going to be the ultimate mustang
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #46
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Me want a Mystichrome termi! lol
Yeah, those Whipplecharged engines can put a whooping on a lot of cars.
I still think he should of a done a "bragging rights" race. It would have been good to see how your car ran against his.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #47
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Call him out to road race for $2k and you'll give him a head start.
That's what I should've done
Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #48
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Quote:
yeah, I saw one car on SVTP that was 677WHP and he was mad bc he was pushing 24lbs of boost and wanted higher numbers.
Yeah... sounds low for 24lbs of boost. Just too hard to tell on those cars. Have a friend here with an 04 making 750 to the wheels with 19lbs on pump gas. I don't even know of a stock one left LOL
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #49
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Found out the deal!!!

The car is bored out with a TON of $$$$ dumped into it and last my source knew he was close to 900whp and was RUMORED to run 8's. He's an instructor around here and the owner of a performance shop here in town.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #50
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Quote:
Found out the deal!!!

The car is bored out with a TON of $$$$ dumped into it and last my source knew he was close to 900whp and was RUMORED to run 8's. He's an instructor around here and the owner of a performance shop here in town.
Zing...
Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #51
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Sounds like you have a sweet ride man, but, I sense a little over-confidence on your part.

03/04 Cobra's were factory beasts. To make 700 RWHP doesn't take a 200 Shot plus 25 PSI like some people here think. A Healthy 2.3 Whipple or 2. KB at 20 PSI with good supporting mods is a solid mid-high 6xx RWHP car that can easily run well into the 10's, even low 10's with mid 130 traps. Not bad for an old POS.

Now, I know the 1LE's are great handling cars, but, please don't dismiss that the 03 Cobra also handled very well, not only for it's time, but still does. I know my old 03 Cobra in the right hands would put a hurting on a lot of cars around the road coarse, even a 1LE

Some car owners are retards and I hate it when they hype their cars up to get you to back out so they can brag about it. If he is making that power, mid 8's is far-fetched to me, or he must have a gutted car. A full interior Cobra with 800 RWHP is a low-mid 9 second car with a good driver/auto swap.

In stock form, people get them to 700-800 RWHP and hold it without issue. The only weak links are the rear and the 10 spline transmission as well as the Pistons. It may be borrowed time, but, they hold the power unbelievably well.

What is done to your car if you don't mind me asking man?
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #52
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
Why are you so confident??

It all depends on the driver...I took down a C6Z06 with my Cobra on the turns...

I'm confident because I haven't seen a Mustang outrun a 1LE or ZL1 on a road course yet.

I agree with you on the driver aspect.

Not up on Mustang vs. Vette on the road courses, so I can't comment there.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #53
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Sounds like you have a sweet ride man, but, I sense a little over-confidence on your part.

03/04 Cobra's were factory beasts. To make 700 RWHP doesn't take a 200 Shot plus 25 PSI like some people here think. A Healthy 2.3 Whipple or 2. KB at 20 PSI with good supporting mods is a solid mid-high 6xx RWHP car that can easily run well into the 10's, even low 10's with mid 130 traps. Not bad for an old POS.

Now, I know the 1LE's are great handling cars, but, please don't dismiss that the 03 Cobra also handled very well, not only for it's time, but still does. I know my old 03 Cobra in the right hands would put a hurting on a lot of cars around the road coarse, even a 1LE

Some car owners are retards and I hate it when they hype their cars up to get you to back out so they can brag about it. If he is making that power, mid 8's is far-fetched to me, or he must have a gutted car. A full interior Cobra with 800 RWHP is a low-mid 9 second car with a good driver/auto swap.

In stock form, people get them to 700-800 RWHP and hold it without issue. The only weak links are the rear and the 10 spline transmission as well as the Pistons. It may be borrowed time, but, they hold the power unbelievably well.

What is done to your car if you don't mind me asking man?
At what point in this thread did I sound over confident? If you're talking about me that is bc at NO point did I express over confidence against this car.

You sir are OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think a 03-04 Cobra will out handle a 2013 1LE Camaro. Apparently the "Terminator" Mustangs had a lot more HP right from the factory vs a stock 1LE but even still. That was a very naive statement IMO. The 1LE runs almost identical times around Laguna Seca as the 662hp 2013 GT500 and the 1LE CONSISTANTLY outruns cars that are considered to be "faster" "better" "more expensive" etc etc

His car DID have a full interior and thats why I BOLDED the RUMORED @ 8 second car. I told the guy I didnt believe it bc 8.99 requires a roll cage of course AND a chute and his car didnt have anything of the sorts. Stock battery location, no "wheelie bar" capabilities set up in the rear.....just didnt jive to me as an 8 second car but that doesnt mean it's not close.

Feel free to click the link in my sig to see my build or check out my garage for a list of mods.

Thanks for the opinions.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #54
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
yikes! I hate how they look he was just mad because he had a ugly car but still he was hidding something.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #55
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
At what point in this thread did I sound over confident? If you're talking about me that is bc at NO point did I express over confidence against this car.

You sir are OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think a 03-04 Cobra will out handle a 2013 1LE Camaro. Apparently the "Terminator" Mustangs had a lot more HP right from the factory vs a stock 1LE but even still. That was a very naive statement IMO. The 1LE runs almost identical times around Laguna Seca as the 662hp 2013 GT500 and the 1LE CONSISTANTLY outruns cars that are considered to be "faster" "better" "more expensive" etc etc

His car DID have a full interior and thats why I BOLDED the RUMORED @ 8 second car. I told the guy I didnt believe it bc 8.99 requires a roll cage of course AND a chute and his car didnt have anything of the sorts. Stock battery location, no "wheelie bar" capabilities set up in the rear.....just didnt jive to me as an 8 second car but that doesnt mean it's not close.

Feel free to click the link in my sig to see my build or check out my garage for a list of mods.

Thanks for the opinions.
Well, post number 5 seemed a tad cocky. I was also thinking of midlifecrysis.

I was referring to my old 03 Cobra that could hurt the feelings of a 1LE or ZL1 on a road course. Previous owner ran it at Autobahn, Blackhawk farms and other tracks, unfortunately, I didn't pry too far. He mentioned the car as it sat when he owned it, pulled 1.36-1.37G's. He had hoped to improve that by modifying it further but he decided to sell it.

Still miss it.

I'll be sure to check your ride out man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #56
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
[QUOTE=Grabber;6895388]Well, post number 5 seemed a tad cocky. I was also thinking of midlifecrysis.

I was referring to my old 03 Cobra that could hurt the feelings of a 1LE or ZL1 on a road course. Previous owner ran it at Autobahn, Blackhawk farms and other tracks, unfortunately, I didn't pry too far. He mentioned the car as it sat when he owned it, pulled 1.36-1.37G's. He had hoped to improve that by modifying it further but he decided to sell it.

Still miss it.

I'll be sure to check your ride out man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
have you tested a 1LE or a ZL1?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote