Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #57
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1n View Post
Y'all ask permissions to wife to get a new car or a keep one? I am married too but when I bought my Camaro I just woke up one morning drove to the dealer purchased the car and sent her a picture asking if she is available the next day to give me a ride to the dealer so I could drove my old car back lol.
I don’t so much ask permission as I do hint around at it till she gets tired of hearing about it lol. Then again we’re happily unmarried so there’s that.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:48 AM   #58
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
I say right choice because to me the ZL1 is extremely special. Anyone that can actually afford and have one is blessed. It’s far more impressive in price and performance to its competitors.

I need the extra HP the ZL1 has for my daily commute that SS doesn’t offer unless modded and I need reliability. Don’t get me wrong, the SS 1LE is awesome looking and the best bang for the buck car out there.

Turns out he made the right choice and walked away from the car. So the story continues.
ZL1 is a fast car. Special...I guess. The made more than 69 though, not THAT special. But I understand pride in ownership. I bought a SS 1LE because it makes more sense for daily driving...and it’s plenty of car for the street and my driving ability on the track.

I see a lot of threads where members get unsatisfied with their V6 or SS or even ZL1 and want to upgrade. My question for OP is why...even 650hp crank will get and feel normal within 6 months. If you just want a big car payment for the pride of ownership I doubt he/she will be happy. To most that want to upgrade, my advice is go find a curvy road and enjoy driving. Drive your car.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #59
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
ZL1 is a fast car. Special...I guess. The made more than 69 though, not THAT special. But I understand pride in ownership. I bought a SS 1LE because it makes more sense for daily driving...and it’s plenty of car for the street and my driving ability on the track.

I see a lot of threads where members get unsatisfied with their V6 or SS or even ZL1 and want to upgrade. My question for OP is why...even 650hp crank will get and feel normal within 6 months. If you just want a big car payment for the pride of ownership I doubt he/she will be happy. To most that want to upgrade, my advice is go find a curvy road and enjoy driving. Drive your car.
I get what you’re saying, even agree to a point.

There’s a slight difference from my perspective being OP has a 1LE already & I had a regular SS.

Power: The SS was fine, for a while, more than enough to get you in trouble. Really liked the car, but it just didn’t have that mid-range rush & top-end pull I was accustomed to. The Z on the other hand, while I’ve gotten used to it now, still has what I wanted all along.

Looks: I LOVED the looks of the Z since they came out & really wanted that back when I got the SS, but just couldn’t swing it financially at the time. It’s a stark enough difference even my MiL commented on how much different & better this looks than the SS, & she’s no where near a car person.

Interior: My 1SS was decent, but the Z just has a look to & more options that I really enjoy. The biggest thing to me is seeing that integrated boost gauge in the cluster! LOL

& there’s more, but I think you get my drift.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #60
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post

There’s a slight difference from my perspective being OP has a 1LE already & I had a regular SS.

Power: The SS was fine, for a while, more than enough to get you in trouble. Really liked the car, but it just didn’t have that mid-range rush & top-end pull I was accustomed to. The Z on the other hand, while I’ve gotten used to it now, still has what I wanted all along.

Looks: I LOVED the looks of the Z since they came out & really wanted that back when I got the SS, but just couldn’t swing it financially at the time. It’s a stark enough difference even my MiL commented on how much different & better this looks than the SS, & she’s no where near a car person.

Interior: My 1SS was decent, but the Z just has a look to & more options that I really enjoy. The biggest thing to me is seeing that integrated boost gauge in the cluster! LOL

I guess i better not ever drive a Z or i am ruined. I am sure one drive and i would have to have one.
CHASLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #61
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree with your reply CHAS because if you ever do then you will be hooked!��
Old 10-25-2020, 10:54 AM   #62
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I agree with your reply CHAS because if you ever do then you will be hooked!��
That kind of power would be like a drug or sex i am sure. Just where could i use that power where i drive?
CHASLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #63
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post

This summarizes my feelings when moving up to a zl1 from my 1ss 1le. The front end and interior and technological upgrades is a very nice bonus along with the obvious power boost.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #64
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post

It really amounts too even after dumping $14K into my motor, it’ll still only be worth what an SS is worth. My car is paid for & I’m adding my upgrade money to my down payment so I certainly won’t have a big car payment. Don’t get me wrong & I love my car but financially it just doesn’t make sense spending that much on it when I can achieve close to the power levels I’m looking for & have a car worth roughly what I’ve got into it. No knock to the SS at all though. It’s a fantastic car!

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Old 10-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #65
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I have drove ZL1's and Z06's. The ZL1 is quick but a stock ZL1 isn't close to a Pray H/C/I SS...you have to consider weight difference and how aggressive the stock ZL1 tune is at pulling timing on pump gas. A few simple mods changes things drastically.

The ZL1 looks amazing however and to me that makes it worth it alone. I don't care for all the extras. If GM offered a bare bones ZL1 with some weight removed I would be tempted to make the switch. I also don't think I could leave one stock...the factory tune isn't giving you all 650hp most of the time. Flex fuel sensor and tune would be my first mod right away with a 555r2 tire on the rear.

Either way it's a upgrade but I am just saying don't expect to wowed by the straight line performance coming from where you are now...especially coming from a Pray setup/tune. Just ask him for yourself...he will definitely recommend a tune for the Z.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #66
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
While on the topic, this a cool video to watch. Apparently the ss has a passenger but the zle is having breaking issues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqSlnwtn6s
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:05 PM   #67
Nightfall ss1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I have drove ZL1's and Z06's. The ZL1 is quick but a stock ZL1 isn't close to a Pray H/C/I SS...you have to consider weight difference and how aggressive the stock ZL1 tune is at pulling timing on pump gas. A few simple mods changes things drastically.

The ZL1 looks amazing however and to me that makes it worth it alone. I don't care for all the extras. If GM offered a bare bones ZL1 with some weight removed I would be tempted to make the switch. I also don't think I could leave one stock...the factory tune isn't giving you all 650hp most of the time. Flex fuel sensor and tune would be my first mod right away with a 555r2 tire on the rear.

Either way it's a upgrade but I am just saying don't expect to wowed by the straight line performance coming from where you are now...especially coming from a Pray setup/tune. Just ask him for yourself...he will definitely recommend a tune for the Z.
Yeah I completely agree there. I honestly don’t think it’ll be much quicker than mine is now till higher speeds & definitely not at the level mine would’ve been with the mods I planned for it. I’m planning on keeping this next one stock till it’s paid for at least & enjoy having a warranty again since I’ll be tracking it occasionally. Once I do start modding then it shouldn’t take near as much to get to the levels I planned for this one either, so I won’t feel like I wasted as much money that I won’t see again.

I originally wanted a ZLE anyway, but had another car payment at the time so it wasn’t an option. At the time I thought I’d just mod the hell out of this one until the price for what I wanted got high enough for me to question how wise it would be.

Old 10-30-2020, 01:04 AM   #68
Nightfall ss1le

So here’s a little update. The same dealer did a trade to get what was supposed to be a 19’ ZLE with 5K miles on it. They got it in today & it wasn’t a 1LE... but one of their sister dealerships has a new Rally Green with the options I wanted. I hadn’t planned on going brand new but it’s looking like we may be able to come up with a deal on it as long as it’s still available. I’ll find out tomorrow for sure if it’s still available, so just maybe I’ll have something by this weekend.