#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #43
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
I'm going to relocate the wiring harness ( In red) and cover with a Reflective shield. Also the brake line (In blue ) is the line I want to protect.
I also wrapped my wiring harness in aluminized tape and pulled it back out of the way with zip ties to the bottom of the mounting studs for the coolant reservoir.

Here's what I used from Amazon. It worked pretty well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:36 PM   #44
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
You might find wrapping those harnesses unnecessary. It it can't hurt but my Jet Hot 2800F coated 2" Kooks headers don't get that hot at all on the outside. I could easily touch them at full temp, I wouldn't leave my hand on them but they're cool enough to touch.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #45
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
You might find wrapping those harnesses unnecessary. It it can't hurt but my Jet Hot 2800F coated 2" Kooks headers don't get that hot at all on the outside. I could easily touch them at full temp, I wouldn't leave my hand on them but they're cool enough to touch.
Yeah, just one catch. Mine weren't coated and there was only around 3/4" between that harness and my headers so I wasn't risking it. There's well over 2-1/2" now so I feel good about it. Getting my headers coated is the only thing I would change if I did it again.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
Old 02-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #46
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Sounds interesting snice I have read that Swaintech coating is better at retaining the heat then Jet Hot. So of that's the case I shouldn't be to worry about it.

A good test would be someone who hasn't coated there headers to use a infrared thermometer to record some header temps. And compare them to jet hot and Swaintech.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #47
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
Yeah, just one catch. Mine weren't coated and there was only around 3/4" between that harness and my headers so I wasn't risking it. There's well over 2-1/2" now so I feel good about it. Getting my headers coated is the only thing I would change if I did it again.
How about the brake line?
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #48
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
My bad, I got you mixed up with the OP. His were coated. The coating makes a HUGE difference in temps.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:55 PM   #49
Z OH 6

Quote:
Sounds interesting snice I have read that Swaintech coating is better at retaining the heat then Jet Hot. So of that's the case I shouldn't be to worry about it.

A good test would be someone who hasn't coated there headers to use a infrared thermometer to record some header temps. And compare them to jet hot and Swaintech.
They're both good coatings, both will get the job done. I doubt there's enough difference between them to matter. I like that Jet Hot has multiple finishes though.

Last edited by Z OH 6; 02-09-2021 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:57 AM   #50
ZLE dude

Quote:
How about the brake line?
Honestly I wasn't that concerned about the steel brake line. I can get my hand between that and the header and I don't track the car so I doubt I'll ever have an issue with it. The wiring harness on the other hand I've read horror stories about from folks that melted it.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:17 PM   #51
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Did any of you guys end up installing those BMR engine mounts? I am interested in your after thoughts? My headers are getting coated now... Would be a good time to swap the mounts if the benefits match the website without any other downsides?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:17 PM   #52
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Did any of you guys end up installing those BMR engine mounts? I am interested in your after thoughts? My headers are getting coated now... Would be a good time to swap the mounts if the benefits match the website without any other downsides?
Yes I did as well as a friend. It made the 2” install much easier on the passenger side. I don’t see a downside as an after thought. I’m in an SS but don’t see how that makes a difference. As always, I could be wrong.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:38 AM   #53
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Yes I did as well as a friend. It made the 2” install much easier on the passenger side. I don’t see a downside as an after thought. I’m in an SS but don’t see how that makes a difference. As always, I could be wrong.

I understand the benefits to space... but am concerned about too much extra vibration or noise... so are you saying you haven't noticed any issues there?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:19 AM   #54
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
I understand the benefits to space... but am concerned about too much extra vibration or noise... so are you saying you haven't noticed any issues there?
I did as well, zero increased NVH, and Motor doesn’t move a bit!

Here’s a video “before BMR mounts” and then a video “after the BMR mounts install” just look at the Callaway blower movement before and after.

I just went with standard Poly. Nice install and made headers install a breeze.
Before BMR:

https://youtu.be/1IGkoNHEkhU

After BMR:

https://youtu.be/LPKAjq_dsiU

Best regards,
Dave
Old 03-05-2022, 10:05 AM   #55
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
I removed that brake line clip when I installed my headers. Slid right in from the top. Wrapped everything in DEI heat shielding. Funny though as I had mine coated locally for 250$. 10 min after parking it i can put my entire hand on the primaries without burning my skin off.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:37 AM   #56
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Working with a lift allows better angles and adjusting. I did a Corvette a few months back and without the lift and doing everything from the bottom it would have been a disaster.
pauly1119 is online now   Reply With Quote