Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #1
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
SCTx4 problem resolved

All things considered I purchased a sctx4 to tune my L99 with headers. In the tuners menu is selections for DOD disable,headers selection and rear o2 disablement. It also lets you adjust when the fans come on as well shift firmness and timing adjustments,idle rpm adjustments and more..It's even vehicle specific for the ls3 and L99. Also has tunes for diff octanes 87-91-93. It's super easy to use and can read and clear codes..alot of bang for the buck. The problem I'm having with it is my car is still throwing a CEL for the rear O2's. One of the features in the tuner is to disable them. Why would I get codes from something supposedly turned off? The codes are 1133 & 1153.................
Update.......I emailed sct about the issue I had with the o2's...after 2 days without a response I called there service dept.......Told them I have a 2011 ss/rs and auto trans and with the cel I couldn't utilize the remote start on my car. The personi was speaking with ask if it was a aftermarket remote start and I assured him it was factory installed. I was put on hold and he returned and said after speaking with others around the dept. It was determined by them that no Camaro comes with remote start. Really? Said they'd work on and around GM products for years and that wasn't an option on the Camaro..I told him I was calling in reference to the CEL I was getting after I used the 7416 to turn off the rear o2's. After connecting the devise to my car and reading all the info it could produce,then connecting it to my desktop computer and giving them remote access to retrieve the info he says he'll get that to someone who can figure out the problem...He calls back in about 1/2 hour and tells me the7416 isn't compatible with my car...What? It names it specifically in the 7416's menu..after all that I'm livid. .....GOOD NEWS....Someone from Derive, which is the parent company returns my previous email and ask if my rear 02's are still connected..They are.. I used the o2 extenders to move them further out of the exhaust stream to fool the system..I disconnected them and put a few hundred miles on my car over the last several days and NO CEL....YEAH....If you want to turn off the AFM/ DOD and get rid of the CEL the SCTx4...7416. Is well worth the money and maybe this will save you from a headache. It has room to grow and will hold 10 custom tunes. Right now I'm happy with what the devise offers

Last edited by hunter1660; 01-26-2015 at 01:19 PM.
hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
hunter1660

Bump
Old 01-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
So the solution was to disconnect the rear o2s and all was well?
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
hunter1660

Simple as that. The first representative I talked to didn't have a clue.. I thought it might have something to do with the sensors being connected because the tune seemed to exite the CEL more often than before the tune. That's why I called the "expert"...You'd think disabling the sensors would do just that. Not the case in this instance....Some headers don't come with bungs for the rears. Mine did and in order to keep the warranty I used the extensions. I had all my lifters replaced under warranty at 10,000 miles and was in no hurry to give up the warranty..With only 6 months left on it I was willing to tune for the relief of no more DOD/AFM..
Old 01-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Simple as that. The first representative I talked to didn't have a clue.. I thought it might have something to do with the sensors being connected because the tune seemed to exite the CEL more often than before the tune. That's why I called the "expert"...You'd think disabling the sensors would do just that. Not the case in this instance....Some headers don't come with bungs for the rears. Mine did and in order to keep the warranty I used the extensions. I had all my lifters replaced under warranty at 10,000 miles and was in no hurry to give up the warranty..With only 6 months left on it I was willing to tune for the relief of no more DOD/AFM..
Thanks for the update, might come in handy as I am thinking about getting a SCTx4 here shortly.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote