Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2021, 06:50 AM   #15
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
One need only look at government today to know that they can mandate just about anything they want. Yes, they are already looking at raising the tax on gas. They will meddle in whatever they want to get what they want. If you think we will have choices in the future, forget it. They will force EV's on the public whether you want them or not. The administration just yesterday said the are looking at increasing the mileage requirements for vehicles. Another forced move on manufactures. So you see, as a consumer your choices will be made for you.

This right here

Keep raising gas taxes until it becomes a defacto ban

They're worse than the five families
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #16
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Another forced move on manufactures. So you see, as a consumer your choices will be made for you.
Welcome to the new world of more and more big government, with a clueless old man at the wheel

Watching "Demolition Man" (Stallone) seems eerily prophetic
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:41 AM   #17
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
I'm good with some of that tech but as soon as they ask me to use 3 seashells I'm outta here.......
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #18
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Welcome to the new world of more and more big government, with a clueless old man at the wheel

Hey I resemble that remark but, I'm not clueless.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:21 AM   #19
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I don’t understand why it has to be a total transformation to EV. Why can’t they still offer some ICE options? I thought the requirements were an average of all models offered, not that everything has to be all electric and ICE vehicles are going to be completely banned. What a crock

There are a lot of articles recently about a coming battery shortage in a few years. All the promises car companies have made about EV's may not be fulfilled.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a37079...tery-shortage/
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:59 AM   #20
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
I agree with comments about capacity and remember that the oil industry has not spoken yet. Too early to play the cards, but a dramatic decrease in price will keep gasoline in play for a long time.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #21
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
EVs are not the solution imo. The basic issue is billions of people can't drive their own 2-ton vehicle everywhere they go. Doesn't matter if it's EV, gas, fuel cell or whatever.

As a species we've made some major mistakes because the solutions to make ourselves comfortable are not sustainable. Farming is entirely dependent on fossil fuels, as is transportation, and heating/cooling our buildings, etc.. Our population is now too large to include everyone in this model of living.

I think we need to consider a balance between the freedom to do anything you want regardless of consequences to others vs the necessity to come together and work as a team to accomplish a goal. The goal being to not make the world a much more difficult place to exist in terms of climate, biodiversity, weather and health. Fires and floods seem to be the new normal, with smoke haze filling the air all f#$king summer long.

I feel a lot of "green" solutions to our problems don't actually address the problems, they are band-aids on gaping wounds.

Driving cars will be relegated to a hobby as the true solutions to these issues are much larger scale and will require a basic change in how we live on Earth. We need to rethink pretty much everything and come up with better solutions. This is going to require some policies on national and global levels. They probably won't be perfect but I think it's unavoidable at this point.

The entire world is looking like a drug addict about to hit rock bottom.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #22
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Yep - EVs are really just a "belly rub" for tree huggers. Hydrogen is only true "green" fuel. Coal or natural gas is still required to charge the batteries, and as others have said, lithium mining is problematic on multiple levels. Add to the fact the U.S. is a minor component of global "greenhouse gas" emissions and it's really more religious fervor than actual science - not that much actual science underpins "global warming" hysteria anyway. There are many factors that would need to be evaluated over thousands of years to establish clear trends, many of which are non anthropogenic.

I'll avoid making this thread any more political, but it amazes me how "science" is increasingly manipulated to more closely resemble a thinly veiled, predetermined globalist religious agenda.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #23
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Dam, I think I was reading excerpts from a philosophy class....LOL. My daughter is one of those biological/environmental tree hugger types and she gave some dam good reasons why EV is not the solution everyone thinks it is!
Although at my age, I won't be here to see the end of it all. So in the meantime, I am going to drive the hell out of this beast, wasting as much gas as I can and enjoying every dam minute of it! Peace out, brothers and sisters.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #24
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Lithium can be extracted from seawater but as of now it isn’t economical to do so. The USA can be the “greenest” country in the world but it will not matter unless China’s pollution is reeled in.
Nano battery technology could be what saves us if this technology continues to improve.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #25
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Old 07-29-2021, 07:47 PM   #26
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
The USA can be the “greenest” country in the world but it will not matter unless China’s pollution is reeled in.
Sshhhhhhh. Just stop, you're making too much sense
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 PM   #27
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
"Wasting as much gas as I can". Hahaha. Love it!
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:35 AM   #28
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Yep - EVs are really just a "belly rub" for tree huggers. Hydrogen is only true "green" fuel. Coal or natural gas is still required to charge the batteries, and as others have said, lithium mining is problematic on multiple levels. Add to the fact the U.S. is a minor component of global "greenhouse gas" emissions and it's really more religious fervor than actual science - not that much actual science underpins "global warming" hysteria anyway. There are many factors that would need to be evaluated over thousands of years to establish clear trends, many of which are non anthropogenic.

I'll avoid making this thread any more political, but it amazes me how "science" is increasingly manipulated to more closely resemble a thinly veiled, predetermined globalist religious agenda.
Nope. Most hydrogen is made out of steam reformation of natural gas. The alternative is electrolysis of water, but then you are back to the whole "where does electricity come from" thing.

It's not like we can just grab hydrogen from space.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote