Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-19-2021, 11:51 PM   #15
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
nore me.. just knew it would awesome .ofc i test drove a few first. but from owning 2 gen5 camaros i knew this car would be more than i could ever imagine.
back in my early days cars didn't even have electric windows.
ABS was even an expensive option back in the day.
aircon lol only jags and rolls royces had that.
i think tbh we're all spoilt t today and what we get in the cars.
just having an 8 speed auto is incredible. back in my day 3 speed was as good as it got.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:39 AM   #16
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Chevy needs to bring their marketing team from overseas!

Lol..... commercials..... NOT where to spend your advertising dollars.

Worked so well you can now not buy a Camaro in Australia

https://www.caradvice.com.au/844261/...-in-australia/

They need to get more into digital advertising to attract new and younger buyers. They already have us and we’re not enough. The need fresh blood but I feel it may be too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:52 AM   #17
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Very cool commercial Ya wtf, why do you never see a commercial on TV here like that?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:24 AM   #18
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
very cool... thanks for sharing
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #19
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
these guys in Asia and Australia
Cool advert.

Thanks for sharing!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:17 AM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
First, agree it's a cool video.

Second, this video is NOT from GM or Chevrolet, it is from HSV which is owned by Walkinshaw Automotive Group. They were once the tuner for Holden vehicles in Australia. Today they engineer and convert LH drive cars to RH drive for 2 GM pickups (Silverado and the Thai version of the Colorado) and the Camaro. Like Dodge, it's all they have.

https://www.hsv.com.au/

GM distributes some of these vehicles in Australasia via a company called GMSV. This does NOT include the RH drive Camaro. They will get the Corvette however.

https://www.gmspecialtyvehicles.com/
Old 06-20-2021, 09:42 AM   #21
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
First, I find it funny that everyone that saw zero advertising and bought a Camaro are all here championing the need for advertising.

Second, as mentioned, that first commercial really isn't a Camaro commercial as it was put out by the company (HSV) that re-engineered the cars for Australia and New Zealand import and use. And apparently, the cars have been modified for Drift use. lol
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:41 AM   #22
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I didnt need a commercial because Ive been a car guy since I was a kid. I remember the suspense leading up to the new Pontiac Gan Prix coming out in 1962. I remember the greaser kid around the corner drag racing past my house in his 409 Impala vert. I was 6 in 62. I had subs to car and motorcycle mags starting in 63. Still have quite a few.
Ads mean little to me. I think buyers like us use real info.
But its true they have not even tried to inform the public how good these cars are.
But I think most Camaro buyers are car guys. No matter when they were born.
Not to dis the car gals out there. Our SS is the wifes DD.
But we have very specific vehicle opinions that dont seem to me mainstream these days.
For me Camaro is the best of the 3 American muscle/sports cars. By a long shot.
Doesnt mean I dislike the others. Challenger is bigger. So more comfort. For the 1/4 mile guys thats maybe the pick.
Between Mustang and Camaro I have always been a Camaro guy. Styling. Most of the engine options. But theres a few really great Ford engines they dropped into Mustang over the years.
Ive never been a Dodge guy. Rust....
All I can say is the few cars Id be willing to buy at all are dwindling. Advertising an egg shaped 4 cyl econo "suv" would never sell me no matter how good the commercial.
As for EVs... slick adds. The Ford Lightening... great theoretical performance and options...
All I can say is China controls 90% of battery production from the rare earth minerals on up.
All GM needs to do is put the ZLE at Nürburgring clip on TV and sales will go up the next day.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:51 AM   #23
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
First, I find it funny that everyone that saw zero advertising and bought a Camaro are all here championing the need for advertising.
The thing is, the Camaro isn't even getting background placement in the advertising. Last time I remember even that much was when one of those 'real people' ads cut (very briefly) to a guy standing in front of his Camaro.

Nothing to even suggest that Chevy/GM makes anything but trucks and SUVs puts the Camaro in the position of "out of sight, out of mind".

Norm
Old 06-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #24
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Great commercial!

That’ll never be shown in North America as GM is too busy with woke commercials for lame ass EVs.
Yup. When is the last time you saw a good Camaro or Corvette commercial dedicated to just that model? I get the Corvette, especially a C8 sells itself. know trucks and SUV's are the money makers, but how many times do we need to see soccer mom in her Traverse just grinning from ear to ear like she is in a Porsche Cayenne. At least Ford will throw a Mustang in an ad. Even Acura shows the NSX and at least the A Spec models. And Dodge, they advertise the crap out of any Hellcat product. Especially during Mecum and Barret Jackson auctions. Come on Mary Berra. Get your advertising team squared away. Maybe Camaro's would have more sales (in normal times) if they were at least advertised.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:37 PM   #25
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post

Second, as mentioned, that first commercial really isn't a Camaro commercial as it was put out by the company (HSV) that re-engineered the cars for Australia and New Zealand import and use. And apparently, the cars have been modified for Drift use. lol
Advertising is not for enthusiasts who know ever bolt in the car like us because we don't need them to buy the car, it's for the regular folks who consist of the majority of sales and keeps cars like ours in production, imagine if Chevy advertised MotorTrend's track time with the 1LE where it put a time that was almost exactly the same as the limited edition, $100k+ M4 CS with a trick cooling system.

The idea is to put the Camaro center front and in everyone's mind, even if it doesn't work directly, it has a subconscious effect and that is worth something, if ads didn't work, companies wouldn't do them, but it looks like GM has different plans for the Camaro, honestly I blame the execs, Ford is controlling the general vehicle market with their 3 new trucks while Dodge has the mainstream performance interest with their branding, while the Camaro is the one loved by all motor magazines and reviewers who again, target enthusiasts.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:57 PM   #26
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Advertising is not for enthusiasts who know ever bolt in the car like us because we don't need them to buy the car, it's for the regular folks who consist of the majority of sales and keeps cars like ours in production, imagine if Chevy advertised MotorTrend's track time with the 1LE where it put a time that was almost exactly the same as the limited edition, $100k+ M4 CS with a trick cooling system.

The idea is to put the Camaro center front and in everyone's mind, even if it doesn't work directly, it has a subconscious effect and that is worth something, if ads didn't work, companies wouldn't do them, but it looks like GM has different plans for the Camaro, honestly I blame the execs, Ford is controlling the general vehicle market with their 3 new trucks while Dodge has the mainstream performance interest with their branding, while the Camaro is the one loved by all motor magazines and reviewers who again, target enthusiasts.
While I agree that you want mainstream consumption to keep the model alive overall, I fail to see the reason to make sure the Camaro is "front and center" if it has little to no applicability for the masses. Since it's an enthusiast's car, trying to market to the masses would only hurt the value of the car by creation even -more- negative commentary around things like visibility, rear seat usability, etc. If GM were to have designed a car that had more practical day-to-day use for families, having the "sport" versions for the enthusiasts would be able to remain because the base platform would be attractive to a much larger audience overall.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #27
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
nore me.. just knew it would awesome .ofc i test drove a few first. but from owning 2 gen5 camaros i knew this car would be more than i could ever imagine.
back in my early days cars didn't even have electric windows.
ABS was even an expensive option back in the day.
aircon lol only jags and rolls royces had that.
i think tbh we're all spoilt t today and what we get in the cars.
just having an 8 speed auto is incredible. back in my day 3 speed was as good as it got.
this...after driving the old iron for so many years im still too happy with my 5th gen to part with it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #28
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Trying to market to the masses would only hurt the value of the car by creation even -more- negative commentary around things like visibility, rear seat usability, etc. If GM were to have designed a car that had more practical day-to-day use for families, having the "sport" versions for the enthusiasts would be able to remain because the base platform would be attractive to a much larger audience overall.

They tried this with three different cars. Two from Chevy and one from Cadillac. The 1994-1996 Chevy Impala SS and the 2013-2017 Chevrolet SS sedan. Cadillac with CTS-V sedan and station wagon. The problem with Cadillac is they were expensive and there was advertising for them, but most 60 year old Cadillac buyers passed on them. Never had a Impala SS, but had 2 SS sedans, a 2016 and 2017. Big car, big trunk, lots of interior room, big V8, nice ride and comfortable seats. And you could get a 6 speed manual. Never marketed the car or spent any money on advertising. And you could get one at employee pricing ($41ish) if you qualified or when they offered it to everyone. You know the car was never advertised when you go for your oil change and the service manager says' "You are getting Mobil 1 for your your red Malibu." True story.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote