Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #15
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
As someone who went thru Lemon Law with my 12 Vert that GM eventually bought back, time out of service while waiting for parts qualifies for Lemon Law. It doesn't matter why you are waiting for said parts. I would explore this avenue in your state.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #16
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
As someone who went thru Lemon Law with my 12 Vert that GM eventually bought back, time out of service while waiting for parts qualifies for Lemon Law. It doesn't matter why you are waiting for said parts. I would explore this avenue in your state.
Yes, when it's GM's fault the car was out of service, meaning it was a GM warranty claim/part failure on their end. GM didn't crash the guy's car. Anything is worth looking into but he'll hit a big dead end. Lemon laws in each state also vary.

So I assume your buy back situation was because a part failed under warranty and they couldn't fix your car/get your part...right?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.

Last edited by FrostySS; 03-30-2018 at 08:01 PM.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
WhiteNight

Drives: MB 1SS
I am the second owner of my car and when it was taking the dealer 3 months to rebuild my engine I contacted a lemon firm. While I did not qualify for a buy back, we did settle on a depreciated amount. Dealer is also paying me back the monthly payments I made while the car sat at the dealer. I should have denied that settlement because the car went back to dealer 4 times after that. This has been a 6 month ordeal.
WhiteNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #18
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNight View Post
I am the second owner of my car and when it was taking the dealer 3 months to rebuild my engine I contacted a lemon firm. While I did not qualify for a buy back, we did settle on a depreciated amount. Dealer is also paying me back the monthly payments I made while the car sat at the dealer. I should have denied that settlement because the car went back to dealer 4 times after that. This has been a 6 month ordeal.
The dealership isn't paying you, GM is. They're just the middle man handling it. It's still a different situation than the original posters. Your vehicle repairs are under warranty due to a part(s) failure, his isn't.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:41 PM   #19
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
The dealer is not paying anything. Not even rental. GM pays that when applicable. If this was a warranty part failure, OP would already have his harness. Area rep would have already authorized a line part, and dealer would have had the part long ago. When it starts costing GM billable money like rental ect.., they get on the ball pretty quickly when possible. GM assumes no real responsibility when a failure is NOT factory build related. It does suck.. GM is not at fault here though. They will provide parts one way or another when they are at fault , and it costs them money.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #20
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by outobie View Post
Spac case G02275619

I’m trying to get my car fixed.

I’m not that guy who thinks the world owes him

Just doing what I can to figure this out

Help with the part is appreciated

Dealer won’t try repairing the damaged harness for liability reasons. The wires melted so there could be hidden damage.
If its a brand new car all parts needed should available. In fact its a law that all car manufacturer supply every part needed until a certain # years past before declaring obsolete and no longer required to support. Could be the harness was actually made in China or Mexico then delivered to the GM supplier. Shidt like this happens when depending on overseas manufacturers to supply parts for US suppliers.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote