Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #99
Puckowee

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss 50th anniversary
This just happend. To are fifty 2ss we came out of the grocery store unlocked the doors opened the trunk got in remote message came up no owners manual in car been reading it at home .so didn't know about rear cupholder trick. After trying to start it for 10 minutes tried it one more time and it started
Puckowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #100
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Mine did this opening hood and closing it for some reason reset it
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #101
mike'SS

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro 2SS M6
I encountered this problem on Friday 5/5/17. I was told by on star to set the keys in the rear cup holders, unfortunately my car isn't equipped with rear cup holders, i have the charging pad. Than i was told to walk 20-30 feet away from the car and it'll program itself, and it did.
mike'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #102
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike'SS View Post
I encountered this problem on Friday 5/5/17. I was told by on star to set the keys in the rear cup holders, unfortunately my car isn't equipped with rear cup holders, i have the charging pad. Than i was told to walk 20-30 feet away from the car and it'll program itself, and it did.
By "rear cup holder" they are referring to the rear-most of the two cupholders in the console, not cup holders in the rear of the car. It's the one right in front of the charging pad.
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #103
mike'SS

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysideshooter View Post
By "rear cup holder" they are referring to the rear-most of the two cupholders in the console, not cup holders in the rear of the car. It's the one right in front of the charging pad.

Ahh Thanks!
mike'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #104
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
I searched the forum for this problem. Today 5-11-17 I drove home from work but had to stop at a store. I got out of my vehicle and went to lock things up and it happened. First, my Camaro's ignition wouldn't turn off ! It then after a bit it turned off. After that, the vehicle wouldn't start or do anything else for several minutes . I threw the key in the cup holder a couple of time and nothing. I couldn't believe my New (since September) Camaro was going to leave me stranded . I finally just kept pressing the FOB and tossed it in the cup holder again and pressed the ignition and it finally started. I still cannot believe that the FOB is already drained of its battery and/or defective since it is only 9 months old. If the FOB is detective, is this covered under warranty (a new FOB) ? I was a little pissed this happened out of nowhere and now I have to worry about possibly getting stranded again somewhere. I obviously am going to use my second FOB until I figure out what is wrong with FOB #1.
Another couple of small problems if anybody has some solutions:
1) carbon on the chrome exhaust tips
2) Unable to keep road grease, grime and brake dust off of the front wheels
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #105
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbavon View Post
I searched the forum for this problem. Today 5-11-17 I drove home from work but had to stop at a store. I got out of my vehicle and went to lock things up and it happened. First, my Camaro's ignition wouldn't turn off. It then turned off. After that the vehicle wouldn't start or do anything else. I threw the key in the cup holder a couple of time and nothing. I couldn't believe my New (since September) Camaro was going to strand me. I finally just kept pressing the FOB and tossed it in the cup holder again and it started. I still cannot believe that the FOB is already drained of its battery and/or defective since it is only 9 months old. If it is a defective battery, is this covered under warranty (a new FOB) ? I was a little pissed this happened out of nowhere and now I have to worry about possibly getting stranded somewhere. I am going to use my second FOB until I figure out what is wrong with FOB #1.
Another couple of small problems if anybody has some solutions:
1) carbon on the chrome exhaust tips
2) Unable to keep road grease, grime and brake dust off of the front wheels
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, but I just can't resist.

Solution to #1: Don't start engine.
Solution to #2: Don't drive car. Just listen to engine while sitting in driveway.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:42 AM   #106
RideZX6R
Probably tired right now

Drives: 1Lap1LE | EV6 FE | 18 F150
my car has now done this behavior and fixed itself twice in 2 days.
'22 Kia EV6 First Edition
'18 RS3 (1 of 2) Cumulus Blue
'24 911 T (ordered)

Formers...
'19 RS5 Sportback Sonoma Green | '07 Cayman S 6MT | '16 Audi S3 Prestige Viper Green (APR Stage 3+) | '19 Mustang Shelby GT350R | '17 SS 1LE MBM 575whp all-motor
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #107
zeekle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
its happened once to me going to the store. I pulled up and it said no keyfob while driving. I the problem to be a bad battery and bought one while in the store. When back out to the car and it didn't have a problem with the keyfob anymore.
zeekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #108
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
This issue has happened to me on several occasions. A few of them it took waiting for 5-20 minutes and it would just start working again. One time putting it in cup holder allowed it to start working again and most other times it didn't change a thing. What makes the most sense is that it's getting radio freq. interference and the reason I say that is that when it has happened to me is when I was close to stores, strip malls and/or other places with auto door openers and other devices that use said frequencies. Imo GM will probably not be able to fix issue without a system redesign. Just something we will probably have to live with. And for all you people that think it has something, anything, to do with the fob or fob battery you are mistaken. It has nothing to do with that. At all. Lol
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:41 PM   #109
MasterTech

Drives: 2018 1SS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfboy View Post
I did. I have no mods electrical or otherwise and fob alwyas in my pocket. The one and only time this happened to me (Christmas eve), when I parked the car, i shut it off but either did not press the button completely or accidentally hesitated releasing the button as the car did not completely shut off and started again. After shutting it off again it would not lock and gave the no fob detected message. Putting the fob in the cup holder and restarting the car solved the problem and it has not re-occured. I am also careful to fully depress and release the start/stop button.

I cannot say with 100% certainty the not shutting off properly issue caused the fob issue but going with that for now until it happens again, if it ever does.
I can say almost 100% a partial pressing of the start/stop button is what is causing this. The 1st time it happened and tonight when it happened I really pissed the car off. I can only assume not all of the required modules are shut down and some stay on...can bus communication is interrupted and module(s) lose the key fob info. GM usually stores the security code for the keys/ fobs in the PCM, Instrument Cluster and the security module which also has the tpms system in it. This might have changed on the new models, but i'll assume not. When starting is requested the 3 modules have to agree on the security code, when they do the PCM allows the start relay to activate. Again the partial shutdown with other modules alive is throwing the security system into t he weeds.

UPDATE!! After letting the car sit for about an hour I went out and it was all good.

Last edited by MasterTech; 05-24-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Additional info
MasterTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #110
CaspianXPD8

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS

Just happened to me for the first time as well. Pulled into a parking space at a local eatery for lunch, left the car in 1st, set the brake, and before I could push the start/stop button to turn her off...message on the dash "Remote could not be found" or some-such and car turns off.

Tried putting the fob (which was in my pocket) into the second cupholder and restart, but kept getting the message and car would shutdown. couldn't lock the doors, so went into the restaurant and sat where I could see the car, but at least 60 feet away or so. 40 minutes later went back out and everything fine. Glad to save a trip to the dealership for "service".
CaspianXPD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #111
imaginager

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
I had a "similar" incident about 6 weeks ago. Car was only a few days old, and the FOB was not working. (My second FOB was at home 30 miles away). I had to access the drivers door using the "key" contained within the FOB itself. Then the alarm starts going off, and for 10-minutes would not shut off. It finally shut off - maybe because there were numerous onlookers thinking I was stealing it
I did the same thing as the OP, and placed the FOB in the second cup holder. NOTHING. I moved it around and giggled it for a good 20-minutes, then BANG, the car started.
As soon as I got home, I called the Dealership, who advised me to bring it in. They could find nothing wrong, and my FOB has worked flawlessly ever since..........
This is just plain weird........
This just happened to my 2SS with no modifications. Car is one month old. Parked at a strip mall / grocery store. I was able to start it normally after about 10 minutes. Guess I won't be stopping at that store again.

Also, when it rains, my lane detection system or LCA intermittently causes the lights in the side mirrors to come on / go off...when there is no traffic.
imaginager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #112
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
had this inconvenience just now. 6 months old. handle button wouldn't respond nor start. but the unlock button worked after a couple extra pushes on my fob. Got the message of no fob detected. Eventually started though. Weird.

Also the issue with rain, but I just thought it was reverb from constant 'pitter patter' of heavy rain drops.

Any new updates with regards to resolving dead fob prob?
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote